Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 01 2019, 05:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abwhitt55 View Post
I've been playing for years. Usually I only have to refuel once or twice a year. Last week I ran out and the fueling station only gave me 25,000 or 35,000 per day. That is not enough to even work MY farms each day, much less work for anyone else. Why is this happening? I'm reading things posted on Facebook that other farmers are having lots of problems with this, too. I wrote to tech support with no answer. Help!
Hi Abwhitt55,

You get fuel according to what Fuel tanks you have in storage, stored either from gifts or making it in the oil refinery and storing it. You get a bit extra on top of that for things like active neighbours, tending farm etc.

What's happening is what you had a long time ago was sufficient back then for what you were doing at that time requiring fuel, but gradually you have depleted that supply by using more of it as time has gone on. As you are not making enough fuel to supply your needs now, you are running out. This means you are refueling more often and when you have refueled you have not had as many fuel tanks as you did the previous time which is why you are getting less.

The more you have to do that requires fuel, whether due to expanding/adding farms, adding more to them, planting more often, or when working for others that don't allow the use of their fuel first, the more fuel you are going to need to supply that demand.

You only have one Oil Refinery and 5 oil pumps. If you are going to continue using fuel at the rate you are, you might want to consider getting another Oil Refinery and more oil pumps to supply the second one.

What you can do in the meantime to help you build up your supply of fuel again is the following:
  • Hire others that have fuel to work your farms, don't allow the use of your fuel when you hire them, so you only need fuel to plant your farms. Hiring strangers will get you the most products.
  • If you have a Super Neighbor that has plenty of fuel and is willing to help, they can do this for you or just plant for you, perhaps temporarily, that will save you some more fuel.
  • Exchange as many gifts as you can for fuel.
  • Get some more neighbors, you only have 25. You get extra fuel for the amount of neighbours you have AND the amount of active neighbours you have. They can also help you by sending you gifts you can exchange for fuel.
  • When you run out, just before you refuel, tend your neighbors farms so you get the maximum fuel awarded for that.

There is an explanation of how fuel is calculated in Chapter 20 Fuel if you wish to know about that.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 01 2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old Sep 02 2019, 09:56 PM

Earlier today I purchased both the Log Truck w/chainsaw 28x28 and Flower Harvester 32x32... yes, I got the message, for both, as to whether I wanted to share my new purchase with friends, which I didn't. Both tools were put on my 1st farm, then immediately transferred to my storage. Tonight when I went to use the new logging truck, it wasn't in my storage but the flower harvester was. Have followed all your instructions, including rebooting computer... still no logging truck. Sure hope somebody can either locate it for me, or return the 50 FTC I blew on it.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
June
Old Sep 02 2019, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Nelson View Post
Earlier today I purchased both the Log Truck w/chainsaw 28x28 and Flower Harvester 32x32... yes, I got the message, for both, as to whether I wanted to share my new purchase with friends, which I didn't. Both tools were put on my 1st farm, then immediately transferred to my storage. Tonight when I went to use the new logging truck, it wasn't in my storage but the flower harvester was. Have followed all your instructions, including rebooting computer... still no logging truck. Sure hope somebody can either locate it for me, or return the 50 FTC I blew on it.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
June
Hi June,
You bought the Flower Harvester 32x32 and the Tree Shaker 32x32. You did not buy the Log Truck w/chainsaw 28x28. Both of those tools are in your storage.
You can check what you bought by going to the Account tab above your farm and then click on the Farm Cash Acitivity Log. That log shows all transactions concerning your farm cash.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi June,
You bought the Flower Harvester 32x32 and the Tree Shaker 32x32. You did not buy the Log Truck w/chainsaw 28x28. Both of those tools are in your storage.
You can check what you bought by going to the Account tab above your farm and then click on the Farm Cash Acitivity Log. That log shows all transactions concerning your farm cash.
Thank you Taz, for your reply.

So instead of returning to let you know that I found the missing Log Truck w/Chainsaw 28x28 this morning (which was hiding in my Storage under the assumed name of “Tree Shaker 32x32” ‘cause I was unaware that I mistakenly bought the wrong tree harvesting tool), I’m now coming to you with head in hands (obviously it serves no useful purpose sitting between my shoulders), ‘n an apology for not realizing what I’d done last night, BEFORE sending you on a wild-goose chase. I did check my “Account” ‘n, of course, it showed exactly what I purchased… just failed to tell me one of the items wasn’t the one I meant to buy.

Again, thanks Taz
Old Sep 05 2019, 02:33 PM

Default Gas Usage

Over the past 2-3 weeks, my gas usage has been very high, Normally I don't have to refill for about a month, now I don't last a week.. I have Oil Pumps on all Farm ( 28 ) and I have 3 Refineries. Thanks for your help and support in advance

Leonard
Old Sep 05 2019, 02:53 PM

What’s the point in having loads of fuel in storage when you can’t use when you fuel up ?
I just can’t get my head around this
Old Sep 05 2019, 03:29 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgailey View Post
Over the past 2-3 weeks, my gas usage has been very high, Normally I don't have to refill for about a month, now I don't last a week.. I have Oil Pumps on all Farm ( 28 ) and I have 3 Refineries. Thanks for your help and support in advance

Leonard
Hi Leonard,

The more farms you get and the bigger they get and the more you add to them, the more fuel you will use. If you don't monitor what you are using and supply that demand you will run out. Once you have run out you are then relying on whatever you have made in your own refineries and got from gifts to give you some more. The majority of the fuel you get depends on how many fuel tanks you had in storage at the time you refueled. You get 300 fuel per fuel tank stored. You get a bit extra for some other factors, but the bulk of it comes from the amount of fuel tanks you have before you refuel.

You are getting less because you have less tanks the next time you refuel. What might have been sufficient for you for a very long time is no longer the case now.

So what you need to do is get more fuel and for the time being try and reduce your fuel usage until you can build it back up again.

Rather than buy another oil refinery what you can try in the meantime to help you build up your supply of fuel again is the following:
  • Hire others that have fuel to work your farms, don't allow the use of your fuel when you hire them, so you only need fuel to plant your farms. Hiring strangers from market will get you the most products.
  • If you have a healthy amount of short grow crops, consider not planting them for a while, the more often you plant the more fuel you are going to need to harvest them and plant again.
  • If you have a Super Neighbor that has plenty of fuel and is willing to help, they can do this for you or just plant for you, perhaps temporarily, that will save you some more fuel.
  • Exchange as many gifts as you can for fuel.
  • Ask your friends to send you gifts regularly so you can exchange them for fuel.
  • When you run out, just before you refuel, tend your neighbors farms so you get the maximum fuel awarded for that.

There are many things that require fuel in this game other than general farming, like cashing out facilities, ships, trains, and also working for others that have not allowed their fuel to be used first.

There is an explanation of how fuel is used and calculated in Chapter 20 Fuel if you wish to know about that.

Old Sep 05 2019, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icawol625 View Post
What’s the point in having loads of fuel in storage when you can’t use when you fuel up ?
I just can’t get my head around this
Hi icawol,
The fuel you have in your storage are actually fuel tanks. Each fuel tank in storage will give you 300 fuel when you go to refuel. To refuel you click on the Map in lower right corner of your tool bar at the bottom of your farms. That will total up how much fuel you will get.
All the information concerning Fuel is in the Game Guide chapter 20:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338882
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 05 2019, 03:44 PM

Basically the fuel people have in storage is no good to anyone ? If that’s the case you “ we “ may as well just sell lot and beg others for gifts ? The point in buying refineries is for what reason ? It’s lookin to me like a big fat CON simple as
Old Sep 05 2019, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icawol625 View Post
Basically the fuel people have in storage is no good to anyone ? If that’s the case you “ we “ may as well just sell lot and beg others for gifts ? The point in buying refineries is for what reason ? It’s lookin to me like a big fat CON simple as
Hi icawol,
The fuel tanks you have in your storage are what you use when you refuel. According to how many fuel tanks you have in storage determines how much fuel you get. Each tank gives you 300 fuel. Take the total fuel tanks you have in storage and multiply it by 300 and that will give you how much you will get next time you refuel plus the additional you get for game level, neighbors, active neighbors and help given.
Click on the link I gave you in the first reply to you and read the Game Guide chapter on this.

Tags
bulldozer, can't refuel, combine, ex tools, fertilize, forklift, fuel, fuel loss, fuel missing, fuel usage, harvest plow plant, hpp, lost fuel, manure, manure collector, manure spreader, mobile lookout, mobile sprinklers, multiplanter, no fuel, purple hand, refuel, tools, tools missing, tools not working