Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 17 2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Does anyone ever wonder if Farm Town isn't a huge social experiment that will one day turn into someone's thesis examining the impact of such a game with all its aspects on the human players over a period of a couple of years ??? Psychologists would have a field day with it Are we not all like lambs to the slaughter ??
I don't wonder.

Given how much red tape I had to go through with Human Subjects to get something exceedingly similar but much smaller in scale done....it just isn't worth it in a for-profit enterprise like this, and this enterprise is far larger than necessary for that kind of thing.
Old Sep 17 2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
*wonders to himself , so where is the silence of the lambs *
Waiting for the....."nice chianti...."

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Sep 17 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by servocrow View Post
Waiting for the....."nice chianti...."
Yeah, but we can't grow the fava beans to go with it!
Old Sep 17 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Does anyone ever wonder if Farm Town isn't a huge social experiment that will one day turn into someone's thesis examining the impact of such a game with all its aspects on the human players over a period of a couple of years ??? Psychologists would have a field day with it Are we not all like lambs to the slaughter ??
Hehehehehe. OK so I will admit there are a few times such as now I do regret the fact that it had become necessary to delete the old archives. Someone else posed this same question in the social section months past and the thread was a riot.

If it is, I am a bit afraid of just what my role really is............hehehehe

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1239357450 This is a link to my farm.
Old Sep 17 2010, 02:04 PM

Smile The Meaning of "Soon"

I used to be a programmer. Perhaps I can help with some of the terminology. To a programmer "Soon" means "when we get it done." The term "Real Soon" actually means "never". Thankfully, the Devs used the term "Soon" as opposed to "Real Soon", which means we will get the next upgrade when it's done.
Old Sep 17 2010, 02:39 PM

For a long time I was part of a team, that made items and things for a game called NWN. We where the CEP Team.
We use to tell the people, you will get it when it's get done. So for me something coming soon, could be tomorrow or next month.
Old Sep 17 2010, 02:53 PM

LOL! Was my point exactly.... "soon" clearly is a time frame that depends on and is different for each individual's perception.

Visit My Farms Below

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4750&farm_ix=Y
Old Sep 17 2010, 03:46 PM
Account Not Linked

tapping on my table....ready for this big upgrade....hurry up otherwise I may need to find another hobbie jesus Ive been like a kid in a candy store for the past two weeks now.
Old Sep 17 2010, 04:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
I missed that poll too but that is what I read and at least we know that they are listening to what we ask for. I will wake you if Santa comes I promise. I will wake you faster if farm 6 comes first!
Thank you, speedmonkey, for the offer of a wake-up call. Just please don't forget me in all the excitement if IT does come sooner than Sanna Cwaws. Remember, I'm under the bed in the Real Estate Office -- trying to sleep.
I must give myself a small pat on the back, and "thank you" too, to all the farmers here counseling patience. It is now past 5:30 here, that's PM, and I just visited the RE office for the very first time today. See, I am learning patience -- and the highly flexible meaning of "soon".

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Sep 17 2010, 04:40 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm just very glad to know that Farm 6 is coming. I'm glad we've been told in advance so we don't have to say 'I wish...' . If we have to wait longer than we would really like to, well that's just life! I don't mind waiting for the farm. My only level of anxiety is whether it will be farm cash (definitely hope not!) or coins.
Closed Thread