Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23 2017, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpoodle View Post
how do i prevent neighbors' ships from docking at my port? i do not want to play farm town every day, but this ship thing pressures me to log in to my farm daily so i don't anger my neighbors. we really need a way to opt out of being a port. in the meantime, i've been restraining from clicking on neighbors' links for facility help, bonus sharing, gifts, etc.
Hi badpoodle,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way currently to prevent ships of your neighbors from docking at your seaport. As far as we know there are currently no plans to provide an opt out. The only information in this release is to allow those sending out ships to be able to change up to 10 neighbor ports. This hasn't been release yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 23 2017, 05:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

sigh... Jan 6 - Jan 24... still waiting for "next week" LOL
Old Jan 23 2017, 05:43 PM

Level:
XP:

thank you, taz, for your fast reply to my question. in the meantime, i'll continue deleting facebook friends til i can get my farm town neighbor situation to a more manageable number. i've known for a long time i have too many facebook "friends" for no reason other than the desirability of neighbor numbers on farm town.

generic link:
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 24 2017, 03:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Gifts being selectively used defeats the purpose of my having purchased all the gifting tools from the store. I spent tons of FC to buy them all and now find they are not really added to my totally usable inventory.

Also, when fueling up, the gift fuel tanks aren't being added to my usable fuel supply as it says after fueling up, 0 gifts used. Why aren't these gift fuel tanks being added and used when I fuel up?
I too have been converting my gifts to fuel tanks of late, it also reports o gifts when I go to refuel, but when I check how many fuel tanks I have both from facility and gifts, that the amount the game is using, the gifts appear to being added to those from the facilities. I have not refuelled yet to test this out as I still have 7 million fuel to use before I need too.
But it appears that they will be used.

Last edited by Grumpdad; Jan 24 2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jan 25 2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpoodle View Post
how do i prevent neighbors' ships from docking at my port? i do not want to play farm town every day, but this ship thing pressures me to log in to my farm daily so i don't anger my neighbors. we really need a way to opt out of being a port. in the meantime, i've been restraining from clicking on neighbors' links for facility help, bonus sharing, gifts, etc.
This seems to have been the Owner's intentions re. these boats - to force us to enter the game more often. It may be good for their numbers but it's driving me away - and some others.

I'm also quite ill and will be away for some periods at a time and I don't like that I am unable, as a courtesy, to close my port. This is a neck hold on us, the players, being forced into doing something the Owner's want us to do.

Last edited by Rugged Barbie; Jan 26 2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old Jan 25 2017, 09:14 PM

Level:
XP:

a week is 7 days, or am I wrong.... some how this "week" has been the longest in history, since Jan 6 to now.. its Jan 26th here in Australia... 20 days is more than " next week" my ships have been stacked on top of each other on my Storage farm and not been touched for over a week (7 days) and will stay that way for eternity it seems.. LOL
Old Jan 25 2017, 09:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just posted:

Post-Release Updates - January 25th, 10:00PM

- Create the ships itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbour ports in your itinerary. See more info in the post above.

- In addition to been able to replace ports in your itinerary, you can reorder your ports any way you like, using your mouse to drag and drop a port up or down as you wish.

- During the release of the latest changes, we introduced a bug that caused the ship dispatch operations to fail for those users that had the Ship Manager open during the time we released the changes. This issue is now fixed.

Known Issues and Additional Notes:

- We will introduce a new preference 'Enable Ships' for the next release, that will allow you to disable your Ships and your Port. During that time, your ships will not advance and your port will not receive any ships from other players.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2017, 09:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Where did my post go?

I posted about my purple dispatched ship no longer showing a shipping log. All the ports disappeared and it says that I have to dispatch the ship. The was done around 10:25pm. I checked and saw Raul's post but obviously it isn't fixed. The ship appears still in shadow and prepare ship is grayed out. If I hover over the containers it says prepare containers but that was all done and I dispatched the ship and even checked to see what ports it was going to. Please let the powers to be know it is not fixed.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...908&farm_ix=10
Old Jan 25 2017, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by javsue View Post
Where did my post go?

I posted about my purple dispatched ship no longer showing a shipping log. All the ports disappeared and it says that I have to dispatch the ship. The was done around 10:25pm. I checked and saw Raul's post but obviously it isn't fixed. The ship appears still in shadow and prepare ship is grayed out. If I hover over the containers it says prepare containers but that was all done and I dispatched the ship and even checked to see what ports it was going to. Please let the powers to be know it is not fixed.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...908&farm_ix=10
Hi javsue,
Your post was moved to the Help & Support section subject thread about Cargo Ships and answered there. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

Your purple ship dispatched 35 minutes ago.
Old Jan 25 2017, 10:03 PM

Level:
XP:

thank you thank you thank you for listening to everyone's concerns and coming up with some great solutions. This is one reason I continue to play the game...you work hard to make your players happy. Looks my ships may head out tomorrow again Ship Ahoy!
Closed Thread