Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 01 2020, 02:30 PM

Default Thanks for yet another farm

Thanks for the new farm, and all you do every day, have a Merry Christmas and Stay well.

Last edited by marymarcel; Dec 01 2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: quote deleted as not needed
Old Dec 01 2020, 03:41 PM

Thank you so much Raul and team for all that you do. I really appreciate all the hard work and time you put into the game. This has been a godsend for many of us during these stressful times. Stay safe
Old Dec 01 2020, 08:27 PM

Thank you to all. This is a brilliant game of cooperation and helping each other. Thank you to all the developers and thank you to the thousands of wonderful players. Sometimes it seems like the only safe place on earth.
Old Dec 01 2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKanode View Post
Will it still work cross platform on mac as well? Thanks!
There is a browser test for HTML based on a long list of criteria. I cannot share with you the URL for it here, but I am sure you will be able to find it if you run a Google or other search for it. The few farmers I know who use Safari, however, have reported that it came back with a better score than Google Chrome. In fact even Microsoft's version of Edge based on the Chromium kernel beat Google Chrome by 2 points when I ran the test myself. In any case most modern browsers have been making use of HTML for years and thus the version number 5. So while as you are not using an older Mac with an older version of Safari things should run smoothly.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Dec 01 2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old Dec 01 2020, 08:58 PM

In addition to thanks for the new updates I wanted to say thanks for not falling behind on the general support even though the HTML project is a major change. My brothers-in-law are an electrical engineer and physicist and one of my nieces is a computer engineer and they all admit that sometimes keeping up with the customer needs when problems develop is the hardest part of their jobs. Changing over to HTML is a major undertaking and I did not expect Rob to address the support request I sent just this morning so quickly!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 02 2020, 04:50 AM

Default Excited

I'm so excited about getting off of adobe flash. I feel the game will run sooooo much smoother. Thank you for working so hard.
Old Dec 02 2020, 10:03 AM

I will try to be patient, but as my Chromebook updated lastnight, I no longer have any "Flash" option anywhere in any of my settings to check it to allow. According to everything I read it is supposed to work until Dec 31st but it is gone already. So I guess I am done playing until you get it online for me. Please hurry.
Thanks, Sundos
Old Dec 02 2020, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
I will try to be patient, but as my Chromebook updated lastnight, I no longer have any "Flash" option anywhere in any of my settings to check it to allow. According to everything I read it is supposed to work until Dec 31st but it is gone already. So I guess I am done playing until you get it online for me. Please hurry.
Thanks, Sundos
Hi Sundos,
Just a thought, but have you looked to see if you can rollback to the previous version?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 02 2020, 04:35 PM

Taz my chromebook updated last night also and the flash option has now been taking away and upon researching this chromebooks have disabled the ability to enable flash anywhere now. i'm glad i purchased a gaming PC a while back as thats my only option now.
Old Dec 02 2020, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
Taz my chromebook updated last night also and the flash option has now been taking away and upon researching this chromebooks have disabled the ability to enable flash anywhere now. i'm glad i purchased a gaming PC a while back as thats my only option now.
Hi Alexm,
I am sorry. Unfortunately we can't do anything about this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread