Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 09 2021, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Kinser View Post
test #1 Didnt work. I did not see a rotating cube. All the other tests loaded but are very slow in doing so.
Hi Joan,
What browser and operating system are you using? If it is chrome please do test 7 and report the first 11 results here.
Please try clearing your browser cache and run the tests again to see if they load faster.

What do you see when you try loading the game?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2021, 09:26 PM

Im using the Opera browser. I cleared history and cache as you suggested. Still no rotating box in test #1 #2 and 3 were faster #4 was slow, 5 really slow, and 6 slow but seemed a bit faster than before. I checked and Opera was listed as one supporting WebGL
Old Jan 09 2021, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Im using the Opera browser. I cleared history and cache as you suggested. Still no rotating box in test #1 #2 and 3 were faster #4 was slow, 5 really slow, and 6 slow but seemed a bit faster than before. I checked and Opera was listed as one supporting WebGL
Hi Joan,
Many browsers support WebGL, but it depends on how the browser and your computer is set up for using it. Opera is Chrome based, so you should be able to run test # 7.

What happens when you try to open the game itself?

Have you tried any different browsers to see if it would work it that?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2021, 10:13 PM

Ive tried 4 different browsers and they all run about the same. Firefox seemed to be the fastest. Yes I have tried the new version of the game and it opens and works just slow like its always been. Does seem a little faster than the flash version. My biggest farm 34x34 has trees flowers and layered crops but does load faster and the tools work better and faster than the flash version did so Im pleased with that. Im not sure how to run test # 7 Thank you for all youre doing. You guys Rock!!
Old Jan 09 2021, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ive tried 4 different browsers and they all run about the same. Firefox seemed to be the fastest. Yes I have tried the new version of the game and it opens and works just slow like its always been. Does seem a little faster than the flash version. My biggest farm 34x34 has trees flowers and layered crops but does load faster and the tools work better and faster than the flash version did so Im pleased with that. Im not sure how to run test # 7 Thank you for all youre doing. You guys Rock!!
Hi Joan,
As long as you can get into the HTML version then you are ok. No further testing is needed. Just as with Flash heavily layered farms are going to load slower. The only way around that is to remove some of the layering.
Old Jan 10 2021, 12:54 AM

Default cannot log in to new version

I am using chrome, and this is what I have:

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled
OpenGL: Disabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Disabled
Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Problems Detected
Gpu compositing has been disabled, either via blocklist, about:flags or the command line. The browser will fall back to software compositing and hardware acceleration will be unavailable.
Disabled Features: gpu_compositing

How do I fix this please
Old Jan 10 2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Farmgirl_Su,
If you still have the Flash version go to your preferences and uncheck all the "Show" items so when you go to the HTML version it will not have as much to load. Try clearing your browser cache, restart the browser and then try opening it. It will be slow the first time as all the graphics for your farms will have to download.

Do you have any other extensions enabled such as one to force Facebook to the old layout or others? If so try disabling each one at a time, restart your browser and then try to open it.
yeah ,you are a star.....i did have 2 extensions to try to force FB back to old layout..although they no longer work I had left them..i shut them off and the farm opened. THANK YOU!!!
Old Jan 10 2021, 01:45 AM

aint it about right with some of todays society lose something for a short while and its like the worlds gonna end and promptly start chucking their toys out of their prams show some patience this game is massive to migrate
Old Jan 10 2021, 01:57 AM

the only thing that i see to be a problem to me at the moment is there a way to sell excess products
Old Jan 10 2021, 02:20 AM

Default We Really Need

We Really need the thing ( I can't remember what it's called ) that shows you what crops are planted where. I can't remember every day what crops are planted on which farm. PLEASE put that on there. It looks like a little clock in our Toolbox
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl