Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 22 2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
i have read the post from the first one till the current and have not found a single month where there was no update.

I can't remember the months, but back in 2009 we went for four months with no update at all and not a single sign of life from the devs. There were threads on the forum about it at the time .... along the lines of 'lets lynch the mayor' and much worse

Old Aug 22 2011, 05:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
i have read the post from the first one till the current and have not found a single month where there was no update.
Farm town came out in feb. 2009 for some reason they used to delete the update threads so you can not go only what you see in this forum. The game grow so fast on the devs they had to stop giving us new stuff so they could work on some major game wide issues that where going on at the time. The game was very unstable in the early days. FT was released to only a few people and it grow to about 20 million in a couple of months, all on word of mouth from players.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 22 2011, 05:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Farm town came out in feb. 2009 for some reason they used to delete the update threads so you can not go only what you see in this forum. The game grow so fast on the devs they had to stop giving us new stuff so they could work on some major game wide issues that where going on at the time. The game was very unstable in the early days. FT was released to only a few people and it grow to about 20 million in a couple of months, all on word of mouth from players.
Im curious JAS, are you male or female?
Old Aug 22 2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks Jas, I actually ran back to the beginning of my forum days, and the early ones are not there anymore. Maybe the Mayor and Poor Tom from the the market pleaded for our threats to be taken down

My daughter in law began to play very early and bombarded me with gifts every chance she got until I gave in and clicked on Farm Town to see what she was on about. I've been addicted ever since

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
There is no known cure

Actually there is a temporary cure offered bi - monthly...... a NEW FARM

Maybe the new release will include a pharmacy for our towns.... where we can get a quick Rx ........ and other stuff.

I foresee in my early morning stupor.....

Farm #11 release on Wednesday, this week

(my addiction drugs run out that day.... so I can only hope)

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:57 AM

Ever the optimist me! I would like to think that a release had been due last wed/thur in line with the fairly consistent 20 day interval between updates, however because of the 3 letter flash upgrade and then the server mashup we have had a 5-6 day delay. So I hope we will see something in about 18 hours from now. I say 18 hours because predominately the update release threads have been created around 5.00-7.00 am GMT. So fingers crossed for tomorrow morning UK time!
Old Aug 22 2011, 07:00 AM

LOL - I think I'll run a betting book

Old Aug 22 2011, 07:23 AM

Filling the facilities via the Facility Manager has been painfully slow today, with the buttons responding sluggishly or not at all.

In my experience this usually happens before an update.
Old Aug 22 2011, 10:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

Remember the wait for flowers? "Flowers to be released next week"...month after month after month!

I've noticed the more demanding players now obviously didn't play back then. There were no extra farms, no tools to work them except our old 1x1s (and heaven forbid you click on the wrong box and have to wait for your avatar to circle the entire farm before catching up and allowing you to move on!) and there definitely weren't any quality updates happening. When raspberries came out as a new crop, everyone was shocked because the game had been the same for so long and updates in it were unheard of!
Old Aug 22 2011, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _a_s_h_ View Post
Remember the wait for flowers? "Flowers to be released next week"...month after month after month!

I've noticed the more demanding players now obviously didn't play back then. There were no extra farms, no tools to work them except our old 1x1s (and heaven forbid you click on the wrong box and have to wait for your avatar to circle the entire farm before catching up and allowing you to move on!) and there definitely weren't any quality updates happening. When raspberries came out as a new crop, everyone was shocked because the game had been the same for so long and updates in it were unheard of!
Gosh I remember those days! Sure has changed since then!!
Closed Thread