Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14 2021, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert2267 View Post
Hi,

Today for me the game suddenlly goes fully black screen hitting esc key bring back the start area for the game with two unhappy faces. I also have been seeing webgl not supported in the browser from time to time. For these issues I have tried restarting the browser (edge Chrome) deleting the cache and cookies. restarting browser seems to persist but not always straight away.

USER ID number is: 100007079706922

If any questions or things to try feel free to contact me only to willing to help out
Hi Robert,
What were you doing when this happened?
When you clear the browser cache it will be slow reloading the game because it has to download all the graphics again.

Instead of clearing the cache, try just resarting the browser first and see if that will reopen your farms. Also you can try restarting your computer and see if that will clear the WebGL not supported message and allow your game to reload.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2021, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the reply

The game does reload slightly slower after the cache clean and then goes to my farms first,

At the time it was acting up with the black screen I was hired by another farmer from the market place and was doing lets a huge lot of layered fishing I one or to lines of it done then suddenly black screen esc gives an unhappy face. I have also tried restarting my pc and it seems to poersist.

I have checked the browser for webgl and get this

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
OpenGL: Enabled
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Also went to the webgl site links and get a floating box for either link.

I have a weird idea the heavy layered fishing has something to do with it as I have been doing layered crops, flower, trees with no issues.

I can provide more info if needed anytime
Old Apr 14 2021, 10:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert2267 View Post
Thanks for the reply

The game does reload slightly slower after the cache clean and then goes to my farms first,

At the time it was acting up with the black screen I was hired by another farmer from the market place and was doing lets a huge lot of layered fishing I one or to lines of it done then suddenly black screen esc gives an unhappy face. I have also tried restarting my pc and it seems to poersist.

I have checked the browser for webgl and get this

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
OpenGL: Enabled
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Also went to the webgl site links and get a floating box for either link.

I have a weird idea the heavy layered fishing has something to do with it as I have been doing layered crops, flower, trees with no issues.

I can provide more info if needed anytime
Hi Robert,
Yes the heavily layer fish did have something to do with this. Specially if there are other things such as trees, flowers and/or crops layered over them. The WebGL support message is because of the farm freezing up and the game thinks WebGL is not responding so it pops up that message.
The only thing I can suggest is to turn off anything you do not need when you are hired in your preferences. That may lighten the load on your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2021, 10:29 PM

thanks I will try that and report back if anything odd happens again
Old Apr 15 2021, 05:44 AM

Default black screen

I downloaded WebGL like it said I needed to .be able to play Farmtown No luck just a black screen. Please help me be able to play the game
Old Apr 15 2021, 06:34 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Lightner View Post
I downloaded WebGL like it said I needed to .be able to play Farmtown No luck just a black screen. Please help me be able to play the game
Hi Linda Lighter,

Please click on this link, it will take you to the reply to your last post. Please check that you have already done the rest of what was listed in that post.
If you have already done all of those please supply the other information requested: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...82#post6428182

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM

Default Crashes

I have a WOW computer. I have been working with them on my issues, but am not getting the help I need. They say they do not have the 8GB. What can I do.
Old Apr 15 2021, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by margpurple1@gmail.com View Post
I have a WOW computer. I have been working with them on my issues, but am not getting the help I need. They say they do not have the 8GB. What can I do.
Hi Margpurple,
I am sorry, but I don't think that computer is going to work for playing Farm Town. This game is too complex for that computer with only 2GB of memory and the processor it has.
Old Apr 16 2021, 12:53 AM

Default Play mode.

I can open everything in FT except Play. It does not open past the black screen.
Old Apr 16 2021, 02:12 AM

.Farmtown won't open. Just a black screen. Help me please
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl