Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 08 2021, 04:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan m View Post
Sorry if this is elsewhere BUT REALLY GETTING FED UP with the continual crashing of the game TRY THIS- TRY THAT its your BROWSER a browser that has been recommended by Slashkey -and it STILL crashes NO matter if its FISH or CROPS.

Come on people sort it out - fed up rebooting etc etc etc
Hi alan m,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading and frequent crashes. Without you telling us what you have tried we could suggest something you've already done today. There's no way for us to know which posts you have been looking at or for us to know what you have already tried that may have been listed in them.

Has this been happening since you posted about this back in April?
Is this happening on the farms you are SN for, for those you work for at market or on your own farms?
When this happens are there any errors showing in the FT console beneath your game screen, if there are please try to copy those and post them so we can see which ones they are.

Are you using a saved book mark to load the game, if you are please try logging out of Facebook if you tend to stay logged in all the time, log back in then and either use the Facebook bookmark on the left side of news feed or the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum to make sure that you are suing the current version of the game.

If you've done that, have you tried any of these?
  • Is the Compressed graphic setting enabled in your preferences? If it is, is it still showing enabled now and did it help at all?
  • Is the Show Animals when not at home setting disabled in your preferences? If not please try disabling that so that when you work for others loose animals on their farms are not part of the problem.
  • When you are working heavy farms have you tried only showing the item you need to work on and hiding the rest in preferences?

I've not had any problems working wall to wall fishing even when doing a considerable amount of farms. Nor have I had any problems working all jobs on the biggest size farms for others either.

If you have also checked that all your computer updates are done, your computer meets or exceeds the example listed in the first post on page one, the setting for compressed graphics has not helped either and this happens in all the updated browsers you have tried I suggest that you report this to support and let them know what you have already tried and the kind of farms this is happening on. If you have already contacted them, then please continue working with them.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 08 2021, 04:03 PM

Well another day and I can not log in.tried 3 browsers. Nothing. Created a fake facebook account and I can log into farm town just fine. So its obviously not a facebook problem. Can log into other games just fine. Wonder if I could get refunded for what Ive spent this month since I cant play the game any more?
Old Aug 08 2021, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottyF View Post
Well another day and I can not log in.tried 3 browsers. Nothing. Created a fake facebook account and I can log into farm town just fine. So its obviously not a facebook problem. Can log into other games just fine. Wonder if I could get refunded for what Ive spent this month since I cant play the game any more?
HI dottyF,
By creating a second Facebook account you are now a new person to Facebook. That is why you can get in to Farm Town through that account. It does not change that your other account can not get into Farm Town. They are 2 separate accounts and in no way associated. It is a problem with your first account and Facebook not Farm Town.
Did you contact Support as you were asked to do? You will have to talk to them about any refunds as we can not do refunds through the forums.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 09 2021, 01:30 AM
Account Not Linked

TIGER - Cannot find original re crashes BUT you asked for further information - I have played Farm Town since it changed from Adobe across to this new version - In April I did indeed raise an issue regarding the game crashing on other peoples farms -in most cases it was fishing and crops. It was never resolved by your Technicians BUT i soldiered on accepting that I would on occasions have to reboot - You also advised tha oneof your recommended browsers was EDGE which I have - You advised going to preferences and clicking on COMPRESSED GRAPHICS which has been done. The game has crashed many times and despite clearing the CACHE/COOKIES - its STILL crashing- I know I am not alone in raising this I know many others can play without a single crash BUT my own problem exists - I have received suggestions to Change my BROWSER and EVEN my computer which all work perfectly until FARM TOWN - PLEASE PLEASE sort something out and PLEASE do NOT say its my fault -My BROWSERS fault ---Those who have the same issue cannot all be wrong
Old Aug 09 2021, 05:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan m View Post
TIGER - Cannot find original re crashes BUT you asked for further information - I have played Farm Town since it changed from Adobe across to this new version - In April I did indeed raise an issue regarding the game crashing on other peoples farms -in most cases it was fishing and crops. It was never resolved by your Technicians BUT i soldiered on accepting that I would on occasions have to reboot - You also advised tha oneof your recommended browsers was EDGE which I have - You advised going to preferences and clicking on COMPRESSED GRAPHICS which has been done. The game has crashed many times and despite clearing the CACHE/COOKIES - its STILL crashing- I know I am not alone in raising this I know many others can play without a single crash BUT my own problem exists - I have received suggestions to Change my BROWSER and EVEN my computer which all work perfectly until FARM TOWN - PLEASE PLEASE sort something out and PLEASE do NOT say its my fault -My BROWSERS fault ---Those who have the same issue cannot all be wrong
Hi alan m,

Thank you for some of the information you have provided but unfortunately you have not supplied all of the information we need.

The reason we keep asking you to compare your computer to the example in the 1st post on page one and check for any computer updates, which again you have not answered, is that if your computer does not meet or exceed those requirements that could explain why you are having difficulties working the bigger farms that have a considerable amount of items on them. Without that information we are no further forward with determining if you should be experiencing difficulties or not.

If you are having these problems on one or more of your own farms, you could supply your USER ID which is in the message above your game screen and let us know which farms those are, so that we can at least go take a look at the type of farms you are having difficulty with, and then we will be able to check what happens when we work farms similar to those.

You do not have to supply that information on the forum if you don't want to, but that does mean that we don't have the information we need nor can we even go look at the types of farms you are having difficulties working. I will be copying your posts over to the relevant devs thread for them to see but what we have been asking you is exactly the kind of information the devs will want to know to be able look into this.

What I suggest you do is contact the support team, as I have previously suggested, and work with them. Instructions to contact them, in case you need them:

To contact Support, click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 09 2021, 12:04 PM

Ive contacted facebook several times with no response from them yet. Ill keep trying.
Old Aug 09 2021, 01:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottyF View Post
Ive contacted facebook several times with no response from them yet. Ill keep trying.
Hi DottyF,
You will not get a reply from Facebook. As you have contacted Farm Town Support there is nothing more we can do. Please do not continue posting here about this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 09 2021, 01:50 PM

I can't get the game to load
USER ID number ( 1569784568 )
Old Aug 09 2021, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanie12325 View Post
I can't get the game to load
USER ID number ( 1569784568 )
Hi Jeanie,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
What happens when you try to load the game?

What are you seeing when you try?

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac if you use it, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also check if your browser is updated.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

Also there are steps in the first post of this thread to check your computer.
Old Aug 10 2021, 12:47 PM

Default WebGL

It seems that every 1-2 months, the WebGl is a problem-I set it up in Google Chrome, but.....when fishing for others I never know when it is going to crash! This persistent issue will finally make me quit spending money on FT until I have an extra long streak (At least a year) of no issues.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl