Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22 2022, 04:16 PM
Account Not Linked

My game id is: 10211701903400092
I am still having problems with Farmtown freezing up, kicking me off, and going to a black screen. I did everything that the other link said to do. This has been an on going issue for over a year now.
I also want the black belts back. When I look at the items I'm producing in my facilities it doesn't show the belt levels anymore.
Old Mar 22 2022, 04:27 PM

It was the display drivers causing the issue.

Thank you for your help Taz. You're always so helpful.
Old Mar 22 2022, 05:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleelay View Post
My game id is: 10211701903400092
I am still having problems with Farmtown freezing up, kicking me off, and going to a black screen. I did everything that the other link said to do. This has been an on going issue for over a year now.
I also want the black belts back. When I look at the items I'm producing in my facilities it doesn't show the belt levels anymore.
Hi lesleelay,
I moved your post to the thread about loading problems.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

Disable all extensions added to your browser. Any that would change the way Facebook looks, perhaps to the old classic look or hide Facebook ads. Those have caused problems with being able to load the game.

Also there are steps you can try to check your computer in the first post on the first page of this thread. There are also minimum requirements for playing in that post. Make sure your computer meets those requirements.

The belts not showing issue has already been reported to the developers and will be fixed soon.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2022, 05:38 AM

Angry farm has slowed down id number 100001562195396

since you carried out your work all actions on my farm are very slow and taking ages to do anything, can you please tell me when this will be sorted out because it is becoming very frustrating.

Regards

farm workers
Old Mar 23 2022, 06:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejohn64@gmx.co.uk View Post
since you carried out your work all actions on my farm are very slow and taking ages to do anything, can you please tell me when this will be sorted out because it is becoming very frustrating.

Regards

farm workers
Hi petejohn64,

I have moved your post to the thread for issues with slowdowns.
I have loaded your farms very fast with no issues at all.

Is it your own farms slowing down or other farmers farms?
If it's your own farms have you added anything to them recently?
Have you noticed if there is a specific item that you are showing or working on for yourself or others that might be causing the slowdown?

Please check that you have kept up with any computer and browser updates and if you have not cleared the caches/history in your browser please do so. After doing that your farms will load slower as your computer has to get all the graphics again. You may prefer to make sure that you have turned off all the show items in your game preferences before you clear those so that you have less to load initially.

Please also check the items in the first post on page one of this thread, compare your computer to the technical requirement listed there then scroll down towards the bottom of that post as you may want to try the compressed graphics setting while this is happening.

If it is everything slowing down rather than a specific type of work or farm then you may have a slowdown in one or more of the many internets connections you computer has to go through to get to the game servers. Those are owned by many different companies which means that you may have to wait for whoever owns that connection to find the problem to fix it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 23 2022, 08:55 AM

It happened again today. In Chrome, I am AGAIN getting the pop up and game will not load. Works fine in MS Edge. I have no updates needed on Chrome and I cleared my cache and cookies two months ago on an unrelated issue with a streaming service, which I do not think I need to do it again so soon. Should I just use EDGE from now on, until it errors on EDGE, which it has done in the pastl.
Old Mar 23 2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Batey View Post
It happened again today. In Chrome, I am AGAIN getting the pop up and game will not load. Works fine in MS Edge. I have no updates needed on Chrome and I cleared my cache and cookies two months ago on an unrelated issue with a streaming service, which I do not think I need to do it again so soon. Should I just use EDGE from now on, until it errors on EDGE, which it has done in the pastl.
Hi Kevin

I moved your post to the thread about HTML5 for loading problems.

When you got the error pop up, had you been working on your farms or others farms, or it was just when you loaded the game for the first time?
If this happened after working farms, which jobs were you doing?

Asking this as this usually happens when your browser is lack of memory, so you could get the error in chrome but not in edge as that was not the browser you were using.

When this happens, it is better to close the browser and restart the computer. But if that doesnt work or the error shows up a few days ago, then the best thing to do is clearing the browser cache.
Just take in mind that after the clearing, the game will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Old Mar 24 2022, 07:58 PM

I thought I posted this a bit ago but not sure I hit send and not seeing it so I will post for sure this time. My farm will not load, it gets stuck at U60 when outside the game, no updates needed, started this morning. Have had it do this occasionally over the past week but only for a short time not all day. I sent some gifts then about 10 minutes later I got into the game but in the game it gets stuck at U72 if it get to u75 it will just stay on that farm will not load my other farms or other peoples, I have let it sit there for up to 30 minutes with no luck, cleared browser, and meme cache, tried 4 browsers. Also, on the front page it says the game will not work when it changes to the old FB window but mine has done that for the past year and half and always worked, I do not have nothing on my computer to make it do that, this lap top is only a few months old and I never installed no extension, no ad blockers, only thing I have is google and ibotta and I turned those extension off so I do not think that is my issue but wonder why it does this if it is not suppose to work changing to older fb page. My internet is not the greatest at times but since everything else is loading and working good ATM but not FT not thinking it is the internet. it also will drain all the bandwidth when trying to load farmtown but not with anything else I do, it is normal outside of FT. My new laptop has all that is needed and above to run FT, the 64 bit double the rams needed. etc
Old Mar 24 2022, 08:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditz View Post
I thought I posted this a bit ago but not sure I hit send and not seeing it so I will post for sure this time. My farm will not load, it gets stuck at U60 when outside the game, no updates needed, started this morning. Have had it do this occasionally over the past week but only for a short time not all day. I sent some gifts then about 10 minutes later I got into the game but in the game it gets stuck at U72 if it get to u75 it will just stay on that farm will not load my other farms or other peoples, I have let it sit there for up to 30 minutes with no luck, cleared browser, and meme cache, tried 4 browsers. Also, on the front page it says the game will not work when it changes to the old FB window but mine has done that for the past year and half and always worked, I do not have nothing on my computer to make it do that, this lap top is only a few months old and I never installed no extension, no ad blockers, only thing I have is google and ibotta and I turned those extension off so I do not think that is my issue but wonder why it does this if it is not suppose to work changing to older fb page. My internet is not the greatest at times but since everything else is loading and working good ATM but not FT not thinking it is the internet. it also will drain all the bandwidth when trying to load farmtown but not with anything else I do, it is normal outside of FT. My new laptop has all that is needed and above to run FT, the 64 bit double the rams needed. etc
Hi laditz,
If you are changing back to the old Facebook layout then that is most likely the problem why it stops loading. The only way we know of to do so now is with an extension that forces the browser to use the old layout. If you have that extension then remove it.
If your internet is slow that can also cause problems loading or bad at times and you say Farm Town uses that much of your bandwidth then that would be an internet problem too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2022, 01:51 AM

Haven’t been able to load Farmtown for at least 3 days on my iPad Pro when it had worked fine for 2 1/2 weeks prior. Doesn’t matter if on Edge, Chrome or Safari. All latest version and Web gl 2 enabled. All very frustrating and costing us farm cash! User ID on lindasue6 account is 1531468114. Bear girl account is 100000197778849. Having to spend 15 minutes plus to finally load for very minimal time on either account is NOT right. Extremely frustrating.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl