Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2010, 09:56 PM

I apologize for not having as much detail as I should for you ... but I just noticed that my MS farm (which I have not been on since just before this last update) has got SERIOUS lag now - I hired someone and tried to return to my farm ... he had harvested almost the entire 672 plots before I managed to get there.

I will be clearing cache and updating my flash again - all the good stuff I always tell people to do, but I wanted to mention that I never had the problem before this 4th update.

My FB farm(s) are all running smoothly (as well as all other applications), so I doubt that it is my cache/flash player.
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Jan 11 2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
I have refrained from commenting much on this but there is something I really would like to point out.

The truth is that we have no idea how the original 22 December update might have worked. A lot of folks just didn't like the sound of what the developers had done and went ballistic here on the forums. Seven hours later we had the first update to the update. And personally, I think that's where the real rot lies. Changes were made hurriedly to appease the squeaky wheels. And, as we've seen, every few days there have to be more changes.

I sincerely hope that when this is sorted out that the developers never ever again rush to fix something before we really have the chance to find out if it was broken.
100% agreed. Great post Candlelight!
Known Issues

Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post

Last edited by Kelsey; Jan 11 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Correct 'Gread' to Great
Old Jan 11 2010, 09:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default slow avatar and thank you.

Thank you Raul, for hearing us.
I was begining to think my avatar's batteries were wearing down.
I am so glad that you have fixed this,
I am a Facebook FarmTown player. Level 60, 2 farms. Addicted to the game!
Again, thanks to all of you for working so hard for us!!
skye2
Old Jan 11 2010, 01:46 PM

Level:
XP:

I have discovered another problem this morning. I have never had any problems hiring from the Market Place with this new fix until today. I tried to hire 5 different people to plow, the "request sent" came up, and not one of them responded with the box that is supposed to come up when they accept which never came up. The ones I clicked on were begging to plow, so they should have responded. Finally I said to heck with it and went back to my own farm, and the 5th person that I hired was there plowing. It would be nice to know IF, and HOW MANY are going to be working on your farm before you get there. I don't hire more then one person for my crop size anyway. For sure there are still some glitches with this application :- (
facebook user
Old Jan 11 2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpinnana View Post
I have discovered another problem this morning. I have never had any problems hiring from the Market Place with this new fix until today. I tried to hire 5 different people to plow, the "request sent" came up, and not one of them responded with the box that is supposed to come up when they accept which never came up. The ones I clicked on were begging to plow, so they should have responded. Finally I said to heck with it and went back to my own farm, and the 5th person that I hired was there plowing. It would be nice to know IF, and HOW MANY are going to be working on your farm before you get there. I don't hire more then one person for my crop size anyway. For sure there are still some glitches with this application :- (
facebook user
Had the same issue 2 days ago. Very very annoying.
Old Jan 11 2010, 02:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
100% agreed. Gread post Candlelight!
I know exactly how it worked. I was flying that morning. When I came back the afternoon of 12/22 suddenly I was stuck on one square until it cleared and could not click another until it cleared. I happened to be working for a farmer who had never hired anyone before! I told her do not base your opinion on this experience. There must be a glitch! I asked her to hire someone to help finish! THEN I came to the forum to see if a glitch had been reported, yada.

Updates have NOT been released every few days. It has been four weeks since 12/22. This latest update was not released for over a week from the last one. Let's try to get the facts straight and not accuse others of not knowing what they experienced and reality isn't real. That tactic is reserved for the government.
Old Jan 11 2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapai View Post
I know exactly how it worked. I was flying that morning. When I came back the afternoon of 12/22 suddenly I was stuck on one square until it cleared and could not click another until it cleared. I happened to be working for a farmer who had never hired anyone before! I told her do not base your opinion on this experience. There must be a glitch! I asked her to hire someone to help finish! THEN I came to the forum to see if a glitch had been reported, yada.

Updates have NOT been released every few days. It has been four weeks since 12/22. This latest update was not released for over a week from the last one. Let's try to get the facts straight and not accuse others of not knowing what they experienced and reality isn't real. That tactic is reserved for the government.
I apologize, but I really have no idea why my post was quoted in your response? I never mentioned anything to you or responded to any of your posts as far as I am aware?
I believe the every few days comment was meant as 'frequent' because these last four updates have come in quite frequently (as compared to previous updates). I have never accused someone of not knowing something and I do hope that all problems are resolved in a respectable manner.
Known Issues

Help & Support
Suggestions

Old Jan 11 2010, 04:07 PM
Account Not Linked

what on earth is going on with farm town-its so slow the page keeps refreshing again and again and freezes-its hopeless im on the verge of giving up as you cannot work at all
Old Jan 11 2010, 04:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow1962 View Post
what on earth is going on with farm town-its so slow the page keeps refreshing again and again and freezes-its hopeless im on the verge of giving up as you cannot work at all
Yea I don't know if they made any changes today as now I can't even water flowers on neighbors farms with out getting booted of 5-6 times before it lets me water any flowers,then if it does let me water any flowers and I get to next neighbor it does the same thing , boots me off and I have to come back 4-5 times before it lets me,it does this on any size farm I go to. I think something really went wrong with what they did.
Old Jan 11 2010, 08:10 PM

Level:
XP:

I said last night that the new fix was better except for the one problem that I mentioned. I changed my mind today after experiencing farms freezing that I am working on, farms that keep loading and reloading, and THEN freezing to where I have to shut my computer down to get rid of the page, AND being taken right back to my farm when kicked off another's farm. You don't even have time to say goodbye to the farmer lol. It is starting to irritate people in the Market Place by their hires suddenly leaving from what I have read. I have said, talk to the developers, not us!! Also lastly , it is harder to slide these farms around now. Sometimes they won't move at all.

Last edited by queenpinnana; Jan 11 2010 at 08:49 PM.
Closed Thread