Old May 09 2012, 06:33 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.
I agree to a certain extent about wanting to work alone.

Which I prefer to do so I do not, feel like I am in a race to see who can get the most done.

We get it too if we harvest more than some think we should.

Usually I just go on to the next farm if there are more than one to do, and leave them to do the one they are on.

Also if there is some one that does not have the tools to do the work I usually leave most of it for them to do, so they can get the exp points to level up so they can get them.

That is why lots of people like to plow so they can level faster to get the tools.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 09 2012, 07:19 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I had to do that a few nights ago. I rarely work the markets, but had nothing better to do I was hired to harvest crops and flowers and chop trees. The farms I was sent to turned out to have megga multi layered crops, with a thick layer of flowers on top of that and a hugely thick layer of trees over the top of everything else

My computer can handle almost anything, but in this instance it quickly ground to snails pace and threatened to crash out, and I simply had to give up or spend my entire evening trying to finish this farm.

It is extremely against my policy to walk away from a job once hired, but I had to leave the farmer a note telling him the situation that I found myself in on his farm, and asking him to hire someone else for the job.

A little while later I found a very abusive note in my mail box, including a threat to 'report me to the forum' but chose to ignore. I'm afraid that my opinion is that if someone wants to put such impossible layers onto their farms like that, then they should also be prepared to harvest and chop those farms themselves rather than hire from the market place, then abuse everyone who finds it too heavily layered to handle.
Agree I have run into a few farms like that. And see no reason to do it like that either.

If you work your neighbors facilities and harvest in the market. You get more than plenty to run your own stuff.

Never could understand what it is with all the layers.

Old May 09 2012, 07:22 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I agree, that is actually what I came to this forum to post about. Not so much about the Chopping because I see people wanting to chop all the time, but it is very difficult to get anyone to fish for you, it so bad many of them have NO FISHING as part of their name. They post will do anything but fish. If they don't have a boat I understand that but with a boat it is pretty easy to fish. Same difference if you harvest one square at time or if you have harvester and or plow. They have given us bait to double to the amount to be caught and I always advertise that I bait. I spend as much time trying to hire someone to fish that I could have just as well done it myself. I am pretty fast at with my boat and don't mind fishing for others. I just don't see why so many people hate it so much and haven't a clue as to what to make it more inviting that they would want to do it.
Would not be so bad, but some people have over done the water, just like the crops and layering every thing.

I do not mind doing some fishing, but there are farms that I have agreed to fish on that I wish I had not even with my boat.

Old May 11 2012, 06:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Rudeness

I am sick of trying to hire people to work on my farm and then receiving nasty messages from them because I hired 2 or 3 people. I have a large farm and if I choose to hire more than one person - that's my choice - it's MY farm.
If I have flowers and trees I'd like them all done... not a worker like a locust who takes the crops and plows and then bolts.
This "solo" tag in the marketplace is just plain rude. If you can't play well with others - don't play the game... cos that's what it is - a game!!!!!
My rant for the day....
Old May 11 2012, 06:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
It seems everyone is in such a hurry these days. It could be because we have so many farms.

I only hire solo. If the person has tools fine, if not, I go find something else to do, in real life, while the hired person takes their time getting things finished. In all fairness to others who do hire multiple people, I am retired so I am not farming around a full time job.

I do not understand the purpose of hiring more than one person either, but some people still do it.

I am sure if you continue to work the market you will find people willing to hire you. If someone advertises no tools I always hire them for harvest and plow. Trees, flowers, etc I try to find someone with tools since most people without tools do not finish the job since for those two items I have so many.

Hope things pick up for you.
I DO work around a full time job AND 2 young kids.... I love my farm but my time is limited. I don't have hours to kill as one tool-less worker plods their way through 12 farms... and so I multi-hire. Not an excessive number of people. 3 or 4 at the most. I don't apologise for this. it's what I have to do to enjoy the game.
Old May 11 2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa4969 View Post
I DO work around a full time job AND 2 young kids.... I love my farm but my time is limited. I don't have hours to kill as one tool-less worker plods their way through 12 farms... and so I multi-hire. Not an excessive number of people. 3 or 4 at the most. I don't apologise for this. it's what I have to do to enjoy the game.

I can appreciate your time is limited with your job and family. Lucky you to be able to work and have kids.

How about instead of hiring 3-4 people for every farm you have...you hire one person for 3 or 4 and another for a different 3 or 4.....and so on and so on. That way you still get it done as fast.....but each person you hire gets their own little corner of your world to work.
Old May 11 2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I am sick of trying to hire people to work on my farm and then receiving nasty messages from them because I hired 2 or 3 people. I have a large farm and if I choose to hire more than one person - that's my choice - it's MY farm.
If I have flowers and trees I'd like them all done... not a worker like a locust who takes the crops and plows and then bolts.
This "solo" tag in the marketplace is just plain rude. If you can't play well with others - don't play the game... cos that's what it is - a game!!!!!
My rant for the day....
in my case I hire only one person to do the h/ping and if they want to do the trees great. From my experience I used to only work solo after getting abused by other workers who didn't want to share so I got fed up of that I allways shared if the farmer hired more than one or I'd go to another farm on the highlighted list.You make it sound as if all are rude not all are and alot of times when the worker bolts as you say it means she/he has timed out and gets kicked from the farm when they click on Retry.I agree they shouldn't berate you for hiring the amount you want and it is your farm. I've started to only do my own myself now because the new ppl in the marketplace are picky and offensive alot of times
Old May 11 2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
My rant for the day....
Are you in such a hurry that the work must be done quickly? Or do you mean you have multiple farms with work to do?

If the former, I suggest finding a less demanding game

If the latter, I suggest you hire ONE worker for one farm.... multi-hire for the work you want done, and let them at it.
then
do the same ... hire that second worker for the second farm,... and the the third worker for the third farm

You can always re-hire the first worker for the fourth farm etc.

or

do the work yourself and not get as much product.

Old May 18 2012, 06:49 PM

My son Adonis, just hired someone to do all 13 farms, the person stayed for only one farm and they were okay with doing all 13. They didn't even note him stating they couldn't finish the rest, sorry.

He's going about doing his own farms himself because of how the hires will only do one farm and run when they were told that they have all 13 farms.

I really dislike that as does my son and daughter who both play the games.

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old May 18 2012, 08:56 PM

Since we seem to be talking about what ticks someone off... I go to the market and I say I need someone with ALL tools to do all jobs on all fields. I fill that is giving them pretty good warning as to I want. I hire someone with "ALL TOOLS" in their name is saying "Me Doc, I will" so I hire them and they either don't fish, or only harverst plow and leave all the flowers and trees and fish. I end up going to the market and hiring someone 6 times to get the job done. I could have done it in a fraction of the time by just doing it myself and half the time I end up doing that way, but I do like to SHARE the work and usually only hire 1 person at a time, but that brings me to the other thing that is currently ticking me off.

Since the last update people have been extreemly slow in showing up in the market, I have to click on them and hire them at least 3 times, if they happen to stay in the market that long, then sometimes I get one hired and I end up having 2 or 3 people on the field. Then sometimes I have half the market there as ghost. I did go and clear my chache and flash chace but it is still happening some.

Ok I get off my soap box for now.