Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 24 2011, 09:37 AM

Default Tools That Are Only Available for Farm Cash

In order to buy the 5x5 Combine (Harvest + Plow), you first have to buy the 4x4 harvester, 5x5 harvester, 4x4 plow and 5x5 plow, which totals 150 Farm Cash. The Combine is then another 35 FC, for a total of 185. At current prices for FC, that's over $30 for this tool, which is flat out ridiculous.

I submit that we should be able to buy tools that can only be purchased with Farm Cash in any order, without prerequisite purchases. You'll still make your money without being greedy.
Old Jun 24 2011, 10:10 AM

I hit the buy button that makes your whole farm covered in water, how do I un do it.
Old Jun 24 2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainshaw3 View Post
I hit the buy button that makes your whole farm covered in water, how do I un do it.
Hit the buy button that makes your whole farm covered in what you want it to be covered in.
Old Jun 24 2011, 11:09 AM

You need to buy another cover there are a bunch of them including the original cover
Old Jun 25 2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK627 View Post
In order to buy the 5x5 Combine (Harvest + Plow), you first have to buy the 4x4 harvester, 5x5 harvester, 4x4 plow and 5x5 plow, which totals 150 Farm Cash. The Combine is then another 35 FC, for a total of 185. At current prices for FC, that's over $30 for this tool, which is flat out ridiculous.

I submit that we should be able to buy tools that can only be purchased with Farm Cash in any order, without prerequisite purchases. You'll still make your money without being greedy.

I was looking into this just this morning. I have none of the high priced farm cash tools but something that will harvest, plow and then plant all at once sounds like a great idea even if it will cost me my left arm. I want to know however before I sacrifice my arm just how it works on staggered fields? Anyone know and care to share their opinion about this? I wish we could have a trial run with these before deciding to spend the money. It's the reason I haven't bought any FC tools in the past. If I don't know how it will work on my fields I would rather not spend the cash. I don't have it to spare.
Old Jun 25 2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy View Post
I was looking into this just this morning. I have none of the high priced farm cash tools but something that will harvest, plow and then plant all at once sounds like a great idea even if it will cost me my left arm. I want to know however before I sacrifice my arm just how it works on staggered fields? Anyone know and care to share their opinion about this? I wish we could have a trial run with these before deciding to spend the money. It's the reason I haven't bought any FC tools in the past. If I don't know how it will work on my fields I would rather not spend the cash. I don't have it to spare.
Hi, I don't have staggered plots but I was hired in the Market place and used my Harvest/plough combine on a staggered farm and it worked O.K.
Old Jun 25 2011, 07:01 AM

Hi Whoopsidaisy, I've used my harvest, plow and plant combine on one of my own farms that I test staggered and also on farms of neighbours who have staggered farms and had no problems with any of them.

Yes, it costs plenty of farm cash to buy your way up to it, but for me who plays on farm town regularly and runs a small business at home, it is worth every cent of it to be able to charge around farm town, then smack my fingers and get back to my work in the real world

Old Jun 25 2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, I don't have staggered plots but I was hired in the Market place and used my Harvest/plough combine on a staggered farm and it worked O.K.
HelenJS22 Hi Whoopsidaisy, I've used my harvest, plow and plant combine on one of my own farms that I test staggered and also on farms of neighbours who have staggered farms and had no problems with any of them.

Yes, it costs plenty of farm cash to buy your way up to it, but for me who plays on farm town regularly and runs a small business at home, it is worth every cent of it to be able to charge around farm town, then smack my fingers and get back to my work in the real world

------

Thank you both for the feed back I'm buying farm cash this next month to pick up the facilities I don't have yet and will seriously think about adding this also. I love the yield with the staggered fields but I really hate the harvesting, planting and plowing of them, lol.
Old Jun 26 2011, 06:20 AM

Default Mass sellinf of trees/flowers/animals

there whould be a tool like the yellow hand that you can just click on things that you want to sell and they get sold instead of clicking on the object clicking sell and then clicking the check mark. what do you think?
Old Jun 26 2011, 11:12 AM

Default Combine 5x5

I'm surprised there aren't many complaints about the new combine 5x5. Many times when I have hired someone with this tool, they arrive at my farm and everything freezes. Some of my friends have bought one but had to make quite a sizable investment to fill requirements for having this tool. Only to discover it causes too many problems.

Anyone else having trouble with the combine 5x5?