Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 10 2011, 11:02 AM

Re: Brown & Red Sprinkler Issues
I've been playing FT since 2009, my favorite game, and I think this is the first time the dev's have seriously messed something up and not fixed it rather quickly. Like everyone else, I can't water my flowers with the missing brown sprinkler if I'm waiting to put in a crop and need to use the red sprinkler to cut the time in half. That being said, I'm not giving up on the devs for developing a solution that will make everyone happy- but they do seem to be taking their time about it.
Old Sep 10 2011, 12:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Lady View Post
Re: Brown & Red Sprinkler Issues
I've been playing FT since 2009, my favorite game, and I think this is the first time the dev's have seriously messed something up and not fixed it rather quickly. Like everyone else, I can't water my flowers with the missing brown sprinkler if I'm waiting to put in a crop and need to use the red sprinkler to cut the time in half. That being said, I'm not giving up on the devs for developing a solution that will make everyone happy- but they do seem to be taking their time about it.
I have no idea if the developers will give the brown sprinkler back to people but here is something to think about. The developers made the red sprinkler with the idea it would replace the brown sprinkler much like the orange manure spreader replaces the red manure spreader. People that bought the first manure spreader didn't complain when the orange one came out about not being able to just fertilize crops and not trees. They probably thought the same would be true for the watering of crops and flowers. Well they where wrong about that, so they have to write new code for the red sprinkler. This is not easy or quick to do. We are not talking about a quick fix of going in and changing the time from 24 hours to 20 hours that only requires a line or two of code to be changed we are talking about writing lots of code to give people what they want. That takes time and can not be done over night. I do think it would be great of the developers to say that they are working on that but it will take some time to do it but they haven't and communications is not their strong suit. I am sure the brown sprinkler will be back soon we will just have to wait till the developers can get it worked out.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 10 2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
ust got the manure spreader... do I put it in storage so I can use it on all farms or do I have to move it from farm to farm?
Put it into storage and you can use it on all the farms.

Paradies Villa Hügel the forest Scarlet's Haven Scarlet's Market Garden Scarlet's Park
Scarlet's Seaside Orchard plus a couple of money makers...
Old Sep 10 2011, 02:27 PM

Default Problems with new larger stables and Facility Manager

Posted this on the other new release forum under Help and Support but just in case someone here has an idea ...............
I posted a couple of days ago that the new switch view larger stables do not work in the facility manager. I took all the animals and stored the stables. Reloaded my farm put the stables and the animals back - it now says ready to harvest but the facility manager says "No animals ready to harvest at this time".
Any ideas please?
I have both types of stable one on farm 2 and the other on farm 4.
Server WF8, using Google Chrome and Windows 7

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 10 2011, 05:52 PM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

thank you raul, but would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE increase the gift items for the factories??? 15 tomatoes is not really feasable, because it takes so many for everything!!!! 100 would be good, 200 would be great!!! if you would consider this for all the factory consumable items, that would be fantastic!!!! thanks raul for all the awesome updates!!!!
Old Sep 10 2011, 07:54 PM

I earlier posted that I didn't see much problem with new Red Sprinkler, but after I have been using it for a few days I feel I need to retract that statement and go with the ones that are giving it bad reviews. I love the fact that it does speed up the crops, it is just that I have now had many occasions where I need to water my flowers but had nothing planted or was planning on planting a short growing time plant that didn't need to be sped up in the harvesting and then plant a longer growing time plant that did. So I agree since we did spend so much FC to have them both, we need to to be able to use them independently. The brown one only doing flowers and once a day, and the red one can also only used once a day but would not matter if the brown had been used cause if the flowers are already watered they want need it again anyway. Kind of like the old Almond Joy/Mounds commercial, "Sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you don't".
Old Sep 10 2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I have no idea if the developers will give the brown sprinkler back to people but here is something to think about. The developers made the red sprinkler with the idea it would replace the brown sprinkler much like the orange manure spreader replaces the red manure spreader. People that bought the first manure spreader didn't complain when the orange one came out about not being able to just fertilize crops and not trees. They probably thought the same would be true for the watering of crops and flowers. Well they where wrong about that, so they have to write new code for the red sprinkler. This is not easy or quick to do. We are not talking about a quick fix of going in and changing the time from 24 hours to 20 hours that only requires a line or two of code to be changed we are talking about writing lots of code to give people what they want. That takes time and can not be done over night. I do think it would be great of the developers to say that they are working on that but it will take some time to do it but they haven't and communications is not their strong suit. I am sure the brown sprinkler will be back soon we will just have to wait till the developers can get it worked out.
Agreed, JAS. They probably have to write code equivalent to a new release. Maybe they need to hire a publicist
Old Sep 10 2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
I know some people have said they want to use the new sprinkler on flowers because they want to speed up the time to harvest.

I wonder if it'd be possible to configure the red sprinkler so you could choose "irrigate crops" or "irrigate crops and flowers" for your once-a-day growth acceleration depending on what you wanted to do. Then if the brown sprinkler was also available to just irrigate flowers any time you wanted to, without affecting the time to harvest, that should cover pretty much all bases, as well as hopefully making people feel they haven't wasted all that Farm Cash on buying a red sprinkler which just makes the brown one disappear.
I agree! We desperately need this. I also like to harvest my flowers all at the same time and this has made a real mess of things.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Sep 10 2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Given that there are two sorts of days at FT but hours are hours, I think showing the time as hours would be clearer. Or even as days and hours (and then hours and minutes once you're within less than a day), as long as it's made clear if we're looking at 24-hour days.
I agree. I know we're all in different time zones so they can't show the exact harvest time but seeing it in hours and minutes would be VERY helpful, even on the 4-day crops. I'd much rather see 80 hours than decimals that I have to figure out on a calculator! At 2am I often make mistakes and forget that the decimal is part of 20 hours and not 24. And as time passes why not allow us to enter our time zone so we CAN see the actual day and time our crops will be ready. The math teachers must be loving all the figuring we're doing these days. LOL!

I may be complaining but I do love this last upgrade. Thanks to the developers!

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Sep 11 2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
With most other tools where you have to buy one before you can buy another, they're both available in the extended toolbox and can be used on all the farms without having to be taken out for each individual farm. I really don't see why the brown sprinkler can't be available as well as the red one for people who've (a) paid for it and (b) want to use it. Farm Town is usually really good at not trying to impose a particular way of playing, and it'd be a shame to start now. I know the red sprinkler will do everything the brown sprinkler does and more besides, but even so, some people simply want to water their flowers.
I, too, feel we should still be able to use the brown sprinkler. Actually, I think the way it should work is that, if you have the red sprinkler, the brown could be used to just water flowers rather than decrease crop growth time. That way we don't "waste" the red sprinkler's features when watering flowers without crops, and can still decrease the growth time of at least one crop per farm even if we've watered the flowers earlier. On a farm with lots of flowers (like many of my own farms) it is much too difficult to use the watering can for just flowers. Another point...we did pay a lot for both - 45FC for the brown and 50FC for the red, so it shouldn't make things harder for us.

....Just saw that it's been suggested that the brown sprinkler for flower watering and/or irrigating (decreasing growth time) and the red sprinkler for crop irrigating (decreasing growth time). That sounds wonderful! I know it will take the devs some time to write the codes for that, but I'm patient! LOL

Other than the above, I love the new features! :-)

Last edited by ArtsyLady; Sep 11 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Closed Thread