Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 22 2012, 07:26 AM
Account Not Linked

Well that is ya'll opinion so thats fine! I dont really look at the colors, because most people dont use them or use different colors, I guess to make them stand out more, but their status message is asking for a job. So I dont find that all to useful. I look for someone who isnt going "HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". I won't hire anyone who types in all caps or keeps posting back to back to back, and I wont hire someone who isnt saying a thing at all, because like I've said. I dont know whether they are selling something, their to hire or even by the computer at all. So to me, saying "Hire me please" every few moments, never to where its so often it makes a giant bubble. Thats not begging to me. So I was just adding my thoughts in!=)
Old Jul 22 2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle's Farms View Post
Well that is ya'll opinion so thats fine! I dont really look at the colors, because most people dont use them or use different colors, I guess to make them stand out more, but their status message is asking for a job. So I dont find that all to useful. I look for someone who isnt going "HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". I won't hire anyone who types in all caps or keeps posting back to back to back, and I wont hire someone who isnt saying a thing at all, because like I've said. I dont know whether they are selling something, their to hire or even by the computer at all. So to me, saying "Hire me please" every few moments, never to where its so often it makes a giant bubble. Thats not begging to me. So I was just adding my thoughts in!=)

So, I go to the market place to sell my goods or work. When I go to sell my goods I go off line so I see no one and no one sees me. When I go to work I change my color to red to work. I'm one of those people who don't speak at all because I find the begging annoying!!!!! So, I want to work and am a good worker and you won't hire me cause I don't say anything but my name is in red screaming work please. If someone comes in and says (for example) "I have trees who wants them." I will say their name and please. And then walk over beside them.

And, I believe if someone is doing the "HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ" (or some such garbage) if you click on them you can block or maybe it's ignore and I believe they disappear from your sight then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 22 2012, 08:22 AM

I have read All of these Posts and find them to be on the "hatefullness" side of comments Gee it is Only a Game.I find that the Lower leveled people Look forward to the PLOWING so as to move up in Levels Not for any other reason
Old Jul 22 2012, 09:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
So, I go to the market place to sell my goods or work. When I go to sell my goods I go off line so I see no one and no one sees me. When I go to work I change my color to red to work. I'm one of those people who don't speak at all because I find the begging annoying!!!!! So, I want to work and am a good worker and you won't hire me cause I don't say anything but my name is in red screaming work please. If someone comes in and says (for example) "I have trees who wants them." I will say their name and please. And then walk over beside them.

And, I believe if someone is doing the "HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ" (or some such garbage) if you click on them you can block or maybe it's ignore and I believe they disappear from your sight then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Touchy are we? People its a game. If your going to get this annoyed over something as little as someone saying "Hire me please!" every once in a while. find something else to do.

No where did I say I wouldnt hire anyone who puts there color as red. I've gone to the market to hire, and its been dead silent. Times like that, I'll click on to hire someone if they have the red status on. but 9 times out of 10 I dont get a reply and I have to wait for someone else to come along. So no, I dont just use the color alone when I am hiring, but I didnt say I wouldnt use the color thing if no one is talking. I've seen plenty of people who are blue and another color and asking for a job. So not everyone uses it when looking for a job. When I started back I didnt even know you could change the color to whatever your looking for. I kept wondering why some people were red, some were blue etc. It wasnt till I clicked around and hit my avator and pulled it up by accident did I find it. Like I said..begging to me is not Saying "any job welcome" or "hire me please!" every few moments. When they are not flooding the chat box by not saying it back to back. Plus when the market is really busy, it makes it easier on me to look for the bubble in the mix between all the people. If your silent, no bubble. So if its crowded, it will be harder to find you unless you are directly in front.

I know you can put people on ignore, but I generally dont bother. Their are usually enough people in the market place that are looking for a job, that it doesnt really bother me. I just wont hire them, but I wont block them because im usually not in the market place long enough for it to really bother me. The only time I have blocked is when someone kept posting over and over and posting so fast, I couldnt see other peoples messages before his messages moved them off the chat box.
Old Jul 22 2012, 02:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Be it in real life or in a virtual game everyone should do their best and be on their best behavior period.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 22 2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Touchy are we? People its a game. If your going to get this annoyed over something as little as someone saying "Hire me please!" every once in a while. find something else to do.

No I am NOT touchy....only when people don't read my post correctly!!!!
Old Aug 19 2012, 11:15 AM

I have to give a shout out to all frustrated hiring farmers.

If someone has taken the time to make their name reflect that they have all tools and want solo work, my idea is, GIVE IT TO THEM SOLO!! Quit trying to change them and instead, change the way you hire. If you have to have more than one farmer working for you then take the time to click on all functions and then hire one person for 1 farm. Then hire another, de-selecting the first farm and selecting the next farm that has work. Your frustrations are so easily avoided if you will take the time to be conscientious. You are the one who is asking for help. You shouldn't then DEMAND how it is done. You have to trust that people who want solo work are tired of being run over and clamouring for work against even one other person.

The frustration over hiring people to fish seems overly mind bending to so many of you. Very rarely do people want to fish!! It would be good for you to just be able to accept this and fish your own waters???? Problem solved. Never again will it frustrate you when someone doesn't want to fish your 25 river pieces with no bait!!! If you don't want to do your own fishing, imagine how someone else feels who has FC waters of thier own and are completely over fishing for someone else who is angry and demanding because people won't fish out their 32 fish 100 times!!! Don't expect anyone to do what you don't feel like doing yourself. It's your game. Your needs are known only by you. If you hate fishing so much, get rid of any of the facilities that need fish!!! WOW!! How freeing is that?? If you don't want to get rid of the seafood places, then get out your rod and start fishing. Supply and demand. You create your own demands and you have the power to supply them. If you don't want to fill your own needs, quit laying that on the players who have to do their own fishing also because YOU don't feel like fishing for them either!!

And to the developers. You really need to even this out. Market places should be coded for levels and/or tools owned. PERIOD!! It isn't unfair but TOTALLY fair. You don't hire a youth football player to play linebacker for the Green Bay Packers Yo!!!
Old Aug 19 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I didnt read all 100++ pages of this topic but I'll post my thoughts on some particular topics I remember.

When I first started the game yearsss ago..you could only have 1 farm. There was no tools, no facilities and not a whole lot of crops to choose from to plant. i played for a good long time until I stopped. I go on spurts. When i left, they had added where you could have up to 4 farms, and facilities were starting to come out. I stopped playing for at least a a year and a half to 2 years and I just started back last week and Im hooked again, and the game has really exploded since I last left.

I can totally understand the frustration of those who do not have the tools and cant afford to buy them. In a way, I do think its a little unfair execially when trying to find someone to hire you, and theres basically no point in staying if they hire someone else who has the tools because by the time you finish one row of crops or anything, everything else is gone. Last week when I started back and found a job, someone else came along who obviously had the tools and I didnt get hardly anything. At this time, I didnt even know you could use tools on other peoples farms. I bought a couple of tools with coins, only to find out you HAVE to buy the tools with farm cash in order to be able to use the tools on other farms. This was a little frustrating, but I broke down and bought enough cash to get me one of each tool I needed on the farm. It is very nice, now my biggest problem is with running out of fuel! Since I dont have a whole to many neighbors and my XP is only 80 right now, and the factory only produces so fast, I dont get a whole lot at once, and when you find a lot of jobs, it goes quick. I wish you could fill up more than once a day! Thats the really frustrating part.

I also hate beggers when going to the market to hire. I always hire from the market. The neighbors I have arnt active in the game anymore and its just quicker to go to the market. I've been pretty lucky, havnt had a rude person yet, though not to many people say thank you after they are done. But I'm not all that worried about it.

When im in the market to find a job, I usually stand towards the front away from others so whoever can click on me easily, and Ill say every few moments "hire me please!" or "any job welcome!" Stuff like that. i dont say it over and over and over, I usually wait a few moments than say it again. I know when Im hiring, I look for someone who says hire me or etc. but not begging. I dont click on anyone who is just standing there saying nothing, because I dont know whether they are there to hire someone, sell something or if they are even by the computer at all. So I dont mind people saying hire me every few moments because it makes it easiar on me when Im there to hire a person. Now I wont hire someone who is being obnoxious, flooding the chat and begging for a job. I will just sit and wait longer until another person comes along.

I usually only hire one person to do whatever i need to be done at my farm. I follow them back just to make sure they got there. Even if I see they have no tools and doing things one by one. I just leave them alone. I know when I didnt have no tools and landed a job with a lot of stuff to do. I was super excited, and when I saw no one else was hired, I was even more excited! lol So I try to do the same for others. I usually dont stay on my farm and hover over them, but theres plenty of times Im on the farm with the hired person, but Im doing other stuff on the computer. So even if the avator is on the farm, it doesnt always mean the person is hovering over every move you make. It doesnt bother me when im on the job for the farm owner to be there. I just go along my work. I'll talk to them if they say something, but its hard to chat and work at the same time. I always send a message when Im done though thanking them for the job.

If im only hired to harvest, but not plowing, or I see something else that needs to be done. If the farm owner is there, after I finish i'll thank them for the job and ask if they need me to do anything else. Most of the time, they hire me to do the rest. If not I just thank them and leave. Im not going to sit and beg, they are other jobs out there.

I also tend to give people the benefit of the doubt on the game. If I hire someone and they start a job, and I come back later to find it only half done and they are gone, I'll just go hire someone else. You never know what happened to the person on the other end. I've had plenty of times Ive accidently clicked them wrong button and it left the farm, I had no way to get back to the farm, so whoever hired me, might have thought I just left and didnt want the job or something. Theres been times my computers booted me off as well. So just remember, before getting all ****** and saying they are a horrible worker, people have lives. they may have had to go for some reason, or the computer may have just acted up. You never know. I know it really bugs me when that does happen though, the other day I landed a huge solo job, with a lot of crops and everything, ran out of fuel and when I went to fill up again, I accidently hit the Realor's Office instead of the fuel station. So I lost that job which sucked! And I had no way to get back to the farm because I didnt even get chance to see the farmers name.

As for crop hoggers and stuff. This kind of goes with what I said about the tools earlier. I can understand other people's frustrations, but im one know, I bought the tools with my money. I'm going to use them.(as long as I have fuel lol) I work fast and ill take whatevers there. Now if I see someone else was also hired Im not going to be all like "Go somewhere else! These crops are mine!" Thats just plain rude. Its a GAME. I'll just take whatever I get and move on, whoevers faster, gets what they get.

hmmm...i think I covered all the things I wanted to say as I was reading through the comments on this thread. Whoever read all this, kudos to you!
I totally agree with everything you have said!!! Kudos to you!!
Old Aug 19 2012, 03:25 PM

if the person hires to plow or any other thing could be like me -- at times i use fuel faster than get it and end up hiring people to harvest just to get crops in on time but not need help plowing with the solar plow not using fuel

also we should be able to get requests based on tools we actually do have so if no way to do a job then do not even get that offer
Old Aug 19 2012, 07:45 PM

i used to go to work for other via market..not any more...i have a couple of neighbors who work for me and i for them..i don't hire anyone..i just do it myself..i fish myself and do my own trees unless my neighbors who help want to do them..u don't get xp for them and very little boxes so it's just easier and faster to do it myself..i have 15 farms and all the tools and am a happy camper doing most of it myself..we need to play the game the way WE want and quit complaining...i do...i enjoy it..expecially eht decorating..glad to finally have people..