Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 05 2011, 03:41 PM

The changes are better, but....please change putting flower bonuses into gift box as plants. Most who get the bonus have so many plants that they don't want to have more.
Old Jun 05 2011, 03:59 PM

Brilliant, something for the higher levels to aim for now.

I do agree with the person who said the 3hour limit needs to go - this penalises the people who go out to work who therefore are only able to play maybe two or three hours a day. A per day system would be much fairer.
Old Jun 05 2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Some things I do not like about the belts.
  1. The dans are not hard enough. 3 full farms of rice got me the 3rd degree dan belt that is not hard to do they need to be much harder. It should be at least one full 24x24 no spaces farm between belts. I don't mean impossible to get but it does need to be hard. Making it harder would solve the pop up and posting issue.
  2. You must have made the dan belts retroactive to when the belts where released because I am a 3rd degree dan belt in rice and I have not harvested any rice since the dans came out.
  3. The 250,000 limit is a joke. I can only get 1 or 2 bonuses sent to me and forget about clicking on anyone's bonus if I have posted one. The amount needs to be uped a little more.
I do not hate the belts as some do I actually like the idea of them but your harvest needs for all the belts is just too low. I harvested a full 24x24 no spaces farm of coffee the other day and got the black belt. That is not a challenge even for a level 20 player. All the belts need to be harder to get because as it is right now non of them are a challenge for anyone even the new players. I think yall wanted to give the people that wanted something to do something to do but also give the people that said they do not want something hard like that other game added to the game and made the belts way to easy because of it. There is a happy medium between having no goals in the game and doing it the way zynga does them. Yall missed that mark big time with the belts because you made them way to easy.

I would love to see other goals or quest type stuff added to the game but please think long and hard about them. With these things in mind.

1. Make them fun
  2. not impossible to do
  3. give us a little bit of a challenge with them
  4. have some neighbor requirements to them
  5. do not put a ton of neighbor requirements or make it where we have to spam our news feeds or neighbors with request for stuff
  6. do not put them on the screen where people have to look at them
  7. give us a box or something like the facility manger in the tools that we can go to view quest that way the people that do not want to do them will never have to look at them
  8. if a person chooses not to do a quest they will not be prevented from leveling up or unlocking anything in the store it will just be something fun we can do with our neighbors but the ones that choose not to do them will not be penalized for that.
I think if you where to add quest or goals with those in mind it would make a lot of players happy even the ones that do not want them in the game. It will really help you to keep new and old players. You could release a goal or quest once a week that way people feel like they are getting some kind of update every week even if it is just a new quest.
This is well thought out post with good ideas, please consider them.

About the belts: I like them OK. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to think up new challenges etc.

As far as the fact that "belts" are used a measurment, that is fine, it is just a term for measurment, it does not make me a ninja farmer or anything.
Old Jun 05 2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
This is well thought out post with good ideas, please consider them.

I agree, especially that the Dan belts are not nearly high enough.

Quote:
About the belts: I like them OK. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to think up new challenges etc.

As far as the fact that "belts" are used a measurment, that is fine, it is just a term for measurment, it does not make me a ninja farmer or anything.

But I wanna be a ninja farmer.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:31 PM

While I like the idea of the belts it would be nice if I could post any of my levels on my wall....The 1st day I got 2 notices..Thats was it......I get msgs I have Black,brown belts but no option to post to my wall........All my neighbors have them plastered all over my wall......Whats up with that..I have harvested all day today...Nothing ..nadda.....
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:47 PM

I'm more worried by the gifts that we have accepted remaining on the list so that we show many more gifts available than are really there. The only bright spot in this is that the newer gifts are at the top of the list and you just accept them in order and when you reach the first one that you have already received it will take you to your farm instead of the gift receiving routine.
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enough facilities View Post
Raul the limits of 3 hours got to go, please make it PER DAY, You are trying to force people to play longer and you are gonna have a lot of peed off people. I haven't clicked on 1 news feed or received anything and I am at my limit. This is a Zynga tactic 2 clicks for 1 friend will stop collection for 3 hours. I like the belt idea but the 3 hours for collecting and 12 hours for buying are plain and simply dumb in my opinion.
I disagree....it makes you think more while playing the game.....do I want to click on this or wait for something I need worse. You don't have to play longer....just have to play smarter. I like getting extra crops etc!!! Just my opinion!!!
Old Jun 05 2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1gxq View Post
I'm more worried by the gifts that we have accepted remaining on the list so that we show many more gifts available than are really there. The only bright spot in this is that the newer gifts are at the top of the list and you just accept them in order and when you reach the first one that you have already received it will take you to your farm instead of the gift receiving routine.

This is a facebook problem not a farmtown problem. FB is supposedly working on it....It's happening to ALL games...not just FT. Your bright spot is a good idea.....I'm even writing down the first gift on the list so I don't click on it when I come back.
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:04 PM

I agree with Jean - with these Farmville-esque subterfuges, you might lose fans that aren't on 24/7. Do you just want retirees to play Farm Town? I love this game, but I do have a real life outside, should I just perch on my home page full time to reap any results that Farm Town has to offer? Just asking...
Old Jun 05 2011, 07:15 PM

Now that we have the belt system in place, how about allowing us to sort seeds/trees by belt level. It would help us to track our progress and let us see which belts we still need to update.
Closed Thread