Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 31 2022, 02:15 PM

Question Possible Loop, cannot get into game

When trying to get into FarmTown the dialog box showing I am logged in to FT via Facebook, do I want to continue or cancel. I said continue and it started the beginning of farmtown then before the unity started it quickly goes back to the dialog box to either cancel or continue. I clicked cancel and it gave a "you need to AUTHORIZE" Clicked on that, nothing. I have cleaned all caches (browser and game), tried 3 other browsers, rebooted, cleaned the computer, same thing happens. Please help, nothing is working. It appears there is looping happening.
Old Oct 31 2022, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizanneB View Post
When trying to get into FarmTown the dialog box showing I am logged in to FT via Facebook, do I want to continue or cancel. I said continue and it started the beginning of farmtown then before the unity started it quickly goes back to the dialog box to either cancel or continue. I clicked cancel and it gave a "you need to AUTHORIZE" Clicked on that, nothing. I have cleaned all caches (browser and game), tried 3 other browsers, rebooted, cleaned the computer, same thing happens. Please help, nothing is working. It appears there is looping happening.
Hi LizanneB,
I moved your post to the thread about loading issues.
You may need to go to your Facebook settings and the "apps and websites" in the left column of that. Look for Farm Town and make sure it is Active. If it is not click on view and edit to reauthorize it.
Also if you are using a saved bookmark to get into the game, you need to go from the shortcut on the left side of your Facebook home page to make sure it connects correctly. Saved bookmarks can be changed by your browser.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 31 2022, 02:43 PM

Thanks Taz, it did not work, got as far as the cube and the dialog box came back on asking if I wanted to continue. I clicked continue and it went right back to itself again.
Old Oct 31 2022, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Taz, it did not work, got as far as the cube and the dialog box came back on asking if I wanted to continue. I clicked continue and it went right back to itself again.
Hi LizanneB,
Did you go to your settings for Facebook? Is Farm Town showing as active in there?

Try logging out and back in to Facebook and then open Farm Town in another tab from the shortcut on your home page.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 31 2022, 04:35 PM

I rebooted, opened firefox then facebook. clicked the farmtown shortcut, it began to open, got to the cube then pop, the box telling me I was logged in blah blah blah. If I am logged in, how do I log out, it does not stay long enough for me to get to the log out.
Old Oct 31 2022, 05:13 PM

Yes, Farmtown showed a green active in the settings.
Old Oct 31 2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, Farmtown showed a green active in the settings.
Hi LizanneB

Taz is not available just now.

No matter Farm Town is showing up as Active, you can click in Edit button and check the information to see if all is correct.

Please click in the following links where it is explained what to do to authorize Farm town again just in case there is a missing step for you.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...70#post6234670

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6235610
Old Oct 31 2022, 07:39 PM

Thank you, MaryMarcel. I went back to the apps and website and because I had used my regular email I removed it hoping I could put the one in I use for Farmtown. Nope, I removed it completely. So, went out and tried to open ft again. Still getting the "continue" but no name on it and it still loops back to the same thing. Did it 5 times. Is it the email causing the issue, it's gone now and is different from the FB email. What a mess!
Old Oct 31 2022, 07:40 PM

I also tried to change it and catch it quickly but it kicked out and showed the "continue/cancel" again.
Old Oct 31 2022, 07:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, MaryMarcel. I went back to the apps and website and because I had used my regular email I removed it hoping I could put the one in I use for Farmtown. Nope, I removed it completely. So, went out and tried to open ft again. Still getting the "continue" but no name on it and it still loops back to the same thing. Did it 5 times. Is it the email causing the issue, it's gone now and is different from the FB email. What a mess!
Quote:
I also tried to change it and catch it quickly but it kicked out and showed the "continue/cancel" again.
Hi LizanneB,
It is not the email address. That is not being used currently so has nothing to do with the loading of the game.
The game can not cause the looping as it would just stop loading at any error. This really sounds like a browser or computer problem that is making it loop trying again and again to load.

Where did you try changing the email address? I ask because there isn't any email associated with the settings for Farm Town in Facebook.

What anti-virus program are you using? It could be that blocking part of the loading and it keeps trying again.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error