Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 01 2022, 11:30 AM

Default Farmtown being down

Last time this happened and we were removed from Facebook for quite awhile there was no compensation. I have purchased many coins over the past few years building all the farms as well as countless hours. Now again I will lose quests (would have completed one tomorrow for 2 farm cash), crops, etc. There should be compensation for our losses!! Plus, why did you get our email addresses if you were not going to find a Facebook work a round or less us know in some way! I am very disappointed and not sure I want to give this game any more money or time when it can be lost so easily!
Old Dec 01 2022, 11:34 AM

Default stop the clock

stop the clock on crops, quests and daily goals or refund daily pass purchases this is getting old
Old Dec 01 2022, 11:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericanl51 View Post
Last time this happened and we were removed from Facebook for quite awhile there was no compensation. I have purchased many coins over the past few years building all the farms as well as countless hours. Now again I will lose quests (would have completed one tomorrow for 2 farm cash), crops, etc. There should be compensation for our losses!! Plus, why did you get our email addresses if you were not going to find a Facebook work a round or less us know in some way! I am very disappointed and not sure I want to give this game any more money or time when it can be lost so easily!
Hi Ericanl,
As this has just started we do not know if there will be any compensation as the developers are just now trying to find out why Facebook did this and with no warning. There was no warning or any notice that soemething was wrong from Facebook, so there was no way for them to give any kind of warning.

It takes time to get an alternate website to handle all the game functions set up and not knowing Facebook was going to do this or why then it has not been completed. It is not just a case of creating a website, but requires programming to handle all the functions of the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 11:59 AM

I agree with ericanl51 we should be given some kind of compensation, like him I had a couple of daily goal to complete this morning and hope to complete a couple of the longer goals. I also I am sure there are people who will lose short term crops and if ends up being 2 weeks like last time all long term crops also. Plus the ships will reset back to 30 to 1 hour to load which is a pain. I am not upset that ft does not have its own platform yet I know it takes time, I was hoping that when fb shut us down again it would be ready but i was thinking it would be months or years before that happened again. I also believe that fb pull the plug with out warning. Would be nice to get a update sometime when the guys have time on where we are in the process of getting our own platform. thanks for all your hard work

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 01 2022, 12:44 PM

Especially for the Farm Pass I bought this morning right before it went down.
Old Dec 01 2022, 01:43 PM

Default Didn't address the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ericanl,
As this has just started we do not know if there will be any compensation as the developers are just now trying to find out why Facebook did this and with no warning. There was no warning or any notice that soemething was wrong from Facebook, so there was no way for them to give any kind of warning.

It takes time to get an alternate website to handle all the game functions set up and not knowing Facebook was going to do this or why then it has not been completed. It is not just a case of creating a website, but requires programming to handle all the functions of the game.
Taz, you conveniently avoided the issue, which was that we never received compensation for the first time this occurred, when you did have some warning this might happen. Now, it happens again, although this time without warning. We loyal FT fans simply want something to acknowledge the inconvenience. Thanks!
Old Dec 01 2022, 02:00 PM

I don't care about compensation. I just want to be able to play the game. Have we gone independent from Facebook yet? Facebook bites.
Old Dec 01 2022, 02:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjfxvii View Post
Taz, you conveniently avoided the issue, which was that we never received compensation for the first time this occurred, when you did have some warning this might happen. Now, it happens again, although this time without warning. We loyal FT fans simply want something to acknowledge the inconvenience. Thanks!
Hi rjfxvii,
I am not avoiding the issue as not being an employee of Farm Town I can not tell you if they will do any compensation. This is not something I or any of the moderators here can offer any information for as we are only players like you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Guitar View Post
I don't care about compensation. I just want to be able to play the game. Have we gone independent from Facebook yet? Facebook bites.
Me too! I need my Farm Town in the morning with my coffee! The only reason I stay on Facebook is for Farm Town. I hope FT moves off of Facebook. I know it will take time with lots to do, but it will be best in the long run.

Kathy Shank
Old Dec 01 2022, 02:14 PM
Account Not Linked

a question (mods you may delete!!) ... why is everyone asking farmtown to compensate when it is all down to facebook? if you want compensation go ask facebook for it!!

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error