Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 25 2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
OMG so many players going off about the new rules regarding Farm Cash, this IS a business. Yes it's a fun game for most of us but ultimately it IS a business.

My main issue really is they are using the excuse of overloading the system but this is what I have just written in a group who are going stupid over the new rules:

The rules haven't really changed where an account has to be at least 6 months old, so people will wait and have many more accounts just sitting around

So, have the developers thought about all these NEW fake accounts just sitting around using resources until they are able to send the FC to whoever? I doubt it

BUT if the players who are creating all these fake accounts actually DELETE and remove the game once they have forwarded the FC, then the resources might be better, well that is my understanding, I may be wrong though
It's only hurting the real players. Most of the fake farms don't go past 500 anyway. It sucks that I can't send to anybody anymore. Maybe 500 a year...
Old Apr 25 2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
True. Where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I once played a FB game I loved enough to invest money into it, but back then you could pay cash for cards at your local store and redeem them on the game. No need for credit cards, giving your personal information to FB, etc. FB put a stop to that, and that put a stop to all my FB spending. Then my beloved game closed and all I'd invested into it was gone forever.

Eventually, FarmTown will inevitably close, too. You put your heart, time, and money into the game now and enjoy it for the present, and that's all you're paying for -- like enjoying a dinner at a restaurant, as another player put it. But we all prioritize our time and our money, and those who love a game enough to pay money into it benefit those who don't love the game as much. That's how it is with every FB game.
You can pay through PayPal or debit Card, when you have made a purchace, delete your credit card or PayPal info from Facebook, and add it again next time you want to buy some FC. That way, your card details are not stored on Facebook.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Apr 25 2016, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Understand and do all that. Use IE, Firefox and did use Chrome but it does not play well with other programs. Now use Firefox for working facilities and IE for general farming. IE works better for speed of clicking. Something I don't think is being pointed out is that Flash for IE is integrated with IE and Windows and is not a stand along program. It is for Chrome and Firefox. But back to my original statement and opinion is that layering and stacking is not overall good for the game. It changes the nature of the game, less realism.
Hi Darth Tater,
Flash player is not integrated into IE. It is only integrated into Edge as that is the IE for Windows 10, but on Windows 7 with IE it is not part of it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2016, 05:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Darth Tater,
Flash player is not integrated into IE. It is only integrated into Edge as that is the IE for Windows 10, but on Windows 7 with IE it is not part of it.
Yes I know but haven't used Windows 7 since 2012. I use Windows 10 and currently have IE11 installed. According to everything I am reading including Mircosoft's website Flash has been integrated since Windows 8 and IE 9. It has not been integrated into Chrome or Firefox. Google it. With Windows 10 you still have the option (for now) to use IE or Edge or both, I have both setup.

Last edited by Darth Tater; Apr 25 2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old Apr 25 2016, 05:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I don't use a regular charge or debit card.... it is a question of who to trust I guess.

So... gift cards work well for me. True, it costs about $5 to activate a $100 card, but that is worth it for the safety factor.
Not really anything to worry about. Your liability for misuse is $50 and if you have a credit or debit card with a reputable bank BOA, Wells etc. they aren't going to charge the $50. Regularly use debit and credit cards online never had a problem. About the only thing you will encounter is that on weekends buying FC thru FB often does not go thru till Monday.
Old Apr 25 2016, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Haven't used Windows 7 since 2012. I use Windows 10 and currently have IE11 installed. According to everything I am reading including Mircosoft's website Flash has been integrated since Windows 8 and IE 9. It has not been integrated into Chrome or Firefox. Google it. With Windows 10 you still have the option to use IE or Edge or both, I have both setup.
Hi Darth Tater,
Flash has been integrated into Chrome for a long time. You can turn the integrated one off and use the downloadable one, but it does have Flash integrated.
I have IE 11 also, but on Windows 7 and it does not have Flash integrated into it. It may be so on Windows 8 and 10, but not on 7 or XP. We do still have many using those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 26 2016, 12:36 AM

Why when we were given a LIFETIME LIMIT a couple of years ago on farm cash purchases in order to send fc items to friends has that now been thrown out and new rules put in place? That is wrong, wrong, wrong. This needs to be revisited by the developers. Lifetime means just that....LIFETIME. Not oh two years down the road we throw the rules out and start over .... no. I spend quite a bit of farm cash on this game but I see that stopping if this isn't corrected.
Old Apr 26 2016, 12:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Chameleon View Post
Why when we were given a LIFETIME LIMIT a couple of years ago on farm cash purchases in order to send fc items to friends has that now been thrown out and new rules put in place? That is wrong, wrong, wrong. This needs to be revisited by the developers. Lifetime means just that....LIFETIME. Not oh two years down the road we throw the rules out and start over .... no. I spend quite a bit of farm cash on this game but I see that stopping if this isn't corrected.
Hi Southern Chameleon,
If you will notice in the rules if you have bought at least $50 worth of farm cash, you have no restrictions on sending farm cash or farm cash gifts.

"1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, in order to continue sending Farm Cash gifts to friends, you need to have spent a total of $50 in the game since the beginning up to this date. (That is equivalent to buying 305 FarmCash or earn them by completing offers). If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

Old Apr 26 2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Southern Chameleon,
If you will notice in the rules if you have bought at least $50 worth of farm cash, you have no restrictions on sending farm cash or farm cash gifts.

"1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, in order to continue sending Farm Cash gifts to friends, you need to have spent a total of $50 in the game since the beginning up to this date. (That is equivalent to buying 305 FarmCash or earn them by completing offers). If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

Lifetime then was 25 FC now it is 50 FC that to me is rewriting the rules just after 2 years. Or am I wrong?
Old Apr 26 2016, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworx View Post
Lifetime then was 25 FC now it is 50 FC that to me is rewriting the rules just after 2 years. Or am I wrong?
Hi Clockworx,
Lifetime does not mean things won't change. It means that what you have bought total since you started playing the game. The total you need to buy has now changed.
Closed Thread