Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 05 2020, 12:21 PM

Default unable to send gifts

Tried all that, have unfriended and refriended on Facebook. Shows no neighbors when I try to send gifts, but some of them (NOT all) show up when I chose active neighbors. I can't imagine what is going on, have tried my requests (34 ) and get a message that there was an error try again.It is a mystery to me. I try and look up people and their names do not show up on the list to invite, even though we are friends on Facebook

Quote:
Taz is not available at this moment.

I'm not sure if this could help with your problem but it is another thing to check.

Please go to your Facebook Settings and then click in Apps and Websites on the left column.

There are 3 tabs
Active
Expired
Removed

Look under Active and see if Farm Town is listed there. If it is then everything seems to be ok, but it is better for you to click in View and Edit and check the items there.

You need to give access to your basic information like name, picture and friends list, permission to post on your behalf etc. If anything is greyed, click to allow that option and then click in the blue button at the botton of the page to save changes.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 05 2020 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Corrected quote
Old Feb 05 2020, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
Tried all that, have unfriended and refriended on Facebook. Shows no neighbors when I try to send gifts, but some of them (NOT all) show up when I chose active neighbors. I can't imagine what is going on, have tried my requests (34 ) and get a message that there was an error try again.It is a mystery to me. I try and look up people and their names do not show up on the list to invite, even though we are friends on Facebook
Hi Pattipo,
Please contact Support about this as we have offered all we can through the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2020, 04:09 PM

I can accept gifts but can't send gifts back to others. Please fix the problem.
Old Feb 05 2020, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie May Angel View Post
I can accept gifts but can't send gifts back to others. Please fix the problem.
Hi Sandie May Angel,
What happens when you try to send gifts back?

Are you using the Send Gifts tab or are you trying to send them back from the My Requests tab?

We can not help you fix the problem unless we know where and what the problem is.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2020, 04:35 PM

Nothing is happening, no pop-up box for me to send gifts back to my friends.
I'm using Google Chrome.
Old Feb 05 2020, 04:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie May Angel View Post
Nothing is happening, no pop-up box for me to send gifts back to my friends.
I'm using Google Chrome.
Hi Sandie May Angel,
You still didn't answer which area you are trying to send gifts from. The Send Gifts tab or the My Requests tab?
If you are not getting he pop up box then your need to make sure you still have the cookies and pop ups allowed through the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also make sure you have the current release of Chrome.
Old Feb 08 2020, 07:48 AM

I am also have issues sending gifts, boosting trains, and sending request in the Neighborhood Chain. I am using Croom. I have pop ups enabled and cookies enabled. I have also tested using Firefox and have the same issue. In the past I have done the clear memory and cachee thing with no change.

Some times, in the middle of the day it will start working, but then stop later on.

I have been having this issue for well over a month.
Old Feb 08 2020, 08:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by art4227 View Post
I am also have issues sending gifts, boosting trains, and sending request in the Neighborhood Chain. I am using Croom. I have pop ups enabled and cookies enabled. I have also tested using Firefox and have the same issue. In the past I have done the clear memory and cachee thing with no change.

Some times, in the middle of the day it will start working, but then stop later on.

I have been having this issue for well over a month.
Hi art4227,

I'm sorry but we no nothing about a browser called Croom. If you meant Chrome, check that the browser is up to date, or any browser you are using is up to date. If you find any needed updating, once you have done those try again and see if you have the same problem.

If that doesn't help, what exactly is the problem, is it that the list with your friends in it won't load? If it's that then it may be that the data from Facebook is not transferring to your game. If you have not already tried this, you can try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that helped at all.

However, if that did not help, as you are saying the issue is intermittent then there may not be any problems with your browsers or your game data, there may be an internet connection temporarily dropping somewhere between you and the game that is needed to pull that data from Facebook. Unfortunately it is impossible for you or us to check all of those connections as they are owned by many different companies. If this is what is happening and you have already tried what I am going to offer you then all you can do is wait it out for whoever owns the problem connection to see it, find it and fix it.

If you wish to continue checking everything your end is fine, you can check the items in the following post and see if there is anything you have not tried yet: Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe

You can also try the server tests and see if any of those have a problem. If you do have a problem with one of the server tests please let us know which one and what the problem was.
Old Feb 09 2020, 09:05 PM

Unhappy Can't receive or send gifts

I am having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am using Google Chrome. I have had a problem for the past 2 months with this. I cannot receive or send gifts. Also, on the Farm Town request wall, the person's name doesn't show. If I log out & load a different web browser, there isn't a problem. I am thinking that there is some setting on my Google Chrome that I have set incorrectly. I really don't want to change web browsers permanently. Any suggestions...anyone?
Old Feb 09 2020, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlady2741 View Post
I am having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am using Google Chrome. I have had a problem for the past 2 months with this. I cannot receive or send gifts. Also, on the Farm Town request wall, the person's name doesn't show. If I log out & load a different web browser, there isn't a problem. I am thinking that there is some setting on my Google Chrome that I have set incorrectly. I really don't want to change web browsers permanently. Any suggestions...anyone?
Hi zlady,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about gift problems. You have posted about this before and been answered.
You need to allow 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your Chrome browser using the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also make sure your Chrome is the current version as well as your Flash.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows