Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 31 2020, 06:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Somebody "in-charge" here please un-confuse me...when it comes to dispatching cargo ships, why do I have to keep resetting the itinerary EVERY.SINGLE.TIME?

Think about what the itinerary statement says "This ship now has the same itinerary used by the latest ship you dispatched".

IF this were a true statement, then after dispatching all seven (7) of my cargo ships TWICE, then the "latest ship's itinerary" would never change & I would not have to set this itinerary up so that it doesn't try to visit neighbors' ports who don't play cargo ships!

I've been doing cargo ships since they were first introduced, so that means I've had to "re-select" my ships' itineraries THOUSANDS of times.

Would the developers please look into revising this so that the dispatch process can be sped up?
Hi Zeeky Banutski,

The game has no way of predicting what you or your neighbours are going to be doing during the day, the following day or in the coming days. You have the best chance of knowing or finding that out, so that's why you have to tell the game if you want to reuse the itinerary.

For example: If anyone took a break from doing the ships and then found that when they came back more than 10 neighbours on the last itinerary had decided to take a break from the ships, if the game defaulted to the last itinerary, they would not be able to swap all of the ports not doing ships, because you only have 10 replaces. So what the game currently does, is it selects neighbours that have mostly recently helped you in the game that have an open port. This gives you a better chance of getting neighbours that are active in the game, that have open ports, so may be doing ships at that time. As long as there are enough that meet that criteria you won't get a disabled port or have to swap many out to get it the way you want.

If you would like to request a change for this, please post your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it. You will not be able to start a new thread there. Click on the one with the title that most suits your idea, then scroll down the page and post in the reply box at the bottom of the page. Please Note: If you post in a thread and it's not the right one or is better suited to another one, your post will be moved to the correct one.
Old Feb 03 2020, 06:04 PM

Re ship cranes.If someone was to self load their ship in your port,Do you still get the benefits? Wondering if this takes on if it will be worth while even having the port open.Hardly worth the benefits sending them.and really think thy should have made these tools for the loading process at ones own dock not for the loading on the trip.
Old Feb 03 2020, 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess who View Post
Re ship cranes.If someone was to self load their ship in your port,Do you still get the benefits? Wondering if this takes on if it will be worth while even having the port open.Hardly worth the benefits sending them.and really think thy should have made these tools for the loading process at ones own dock not for the loading on the trip.
Hi Guess who,
No you do not get the products or coins if they self load at your port. Whether they are doing it this was designed to allow them to move their ship on without penalty if a ship is sitting for an extended time in your port that they determine is excess.
One note about these though is except for the yellow crane there is a waiting period for them to use the self load from 10 minutes up to 1 hour depending on the ship and crane.
If you close your port then you are hurting yourself for getting any additional products and coins, but also your other neighbors who have not bought the cranes. So closing your port for 1 or 2 using the cranes to speed up their ships would be hurting you and all the rest who don't use the cranes just for speeding ships up or don't own the cranes.
If you have a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 04 2020, 12:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Hello,

I have neighbors that do not play very often or even at all, but some of these users have ports in the log book. I have other users that play often but do not show up in the log book or in the list of users to replace them with. Why does this happen, and can it be fixed?

I click on the "replace (10)" and the list of users is not complete!!!

Daveb
Old Feb 04 2020, 12:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Hello,

I have neighbors that do not play very often or even at all, but some of these users have ports in the log book. I have other users that play often but do not show up in the log book or in the list of users to replace them with. Why does this happen, and can it be fixed?

Daveb
Hi Daveb,
The only way they will show up in the replacement list is if they are your neighbors and they have their port enabled. If they do not have the port enabled then they will not show in your replacements list. The only way you can find out is ask them if they do the ships and have their port enabled.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2020, 10:01 PM

Default ships

I am told I have 110 neighbors but I am curious on the ship list who are those people? I can't even find them on facebook. I would like to know why I can't pick who I send the ships to. Can I have more neighbors? Better yet send them to friends?
Old Feb 05 2020, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassymommaCollar View Post
I am told I have 110 neighbors but I am curious on the ship list who are those people? I can't even find them on facebook. I would like to know why I can't pick who I send the ships to. Can I have more neighbors? Better yet send them to friends?
Hi SassymommaCollar,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the Cargo Ships as this has nothing to do with the current release.

The people on your ship's logbook are your neighbors. Only neighbors can be included in the logbook or the list you can use to replace the ones in the logbook. The names they are listed by in those lists are their avatar names with the real first name in parenthesis if there is room which might explain why you do not recognize them. If you don't find some of your neighbors in the replacement list it would be because they have their port disabled.

You can pick who you want to send your ships to as you can replace up to 10 in the logbook each time you prepare the containers for a ship. So within 3 days you could effectively replace all 30 ports. After you have replaced however many you want (up to 10) then before you start replacing during the preparation of the next ship then click on the Reuse Last Itinerary button, to keep the previous logbook. Then you can replace another 10 if you need to. After that as long as you use the Reuse Last Itinerary button then you will keep the current list you set up.

The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 16 characters in length, so it can vary from 80 to 110, depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased. When you reach your limit of neighbors, you will receive a warning that you have reached your limit, when this happens, you will need to remove some neighbors before you can add more.

You can find all the information on the ships in the Game Guide chapter 32 about Ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 05 2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old Feb 13 2020, 12:22 PM

Unhappy ship

I had sent out a ship and discovered my previous neighbors were no longer neighbors. Believing my ship would not be loaded and returned, i deleted it and purchased another, only to have the same problem with it waiting to be loaded by a non existent neighbor. would it be possible to be refunded the coins. It was a green ship.
Old Feb 13 2020, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetsr View Post
I had sent out a ship and discovered my previous neighbors were no longer neighbors. Believing my ship would not be loaded and returned, i deleted it and purchased another, only to have the same problem with it waiting to be loaded by a non existent neighbor. would it be possible to be refunded the coins. It was a green ship.
Hi Davetsr,
You do not lose the ships even if you have deleted them. If you open your seaport manager and click on My Ships tab you will see those ships still there.
For that reason Support will not refund the coins for the ships.

To see all about how to use the ships and replace ports please read the Game Guide chapter 32 about ships. Here is a link to that chapter:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622
Old Feb 22 2020, 08:18 AM

how to change names on the ship list

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port