Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 05 2020, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JNelson,
You do know the flowers in gifts are the flower plants and not the flower harvests that can be used in production. So adding those flowers to the gifts would not help in this situation.
yes, this is true. would still have to be planted. spoke too soon lol
Old Feb 11 2020, 11:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Quest Lifeline question

In "Quests" you can click the life saver icon to get help on a quest...there are 3 different ones I believe...one is employee lifeline which is great and easy to use...you simply work for others and get the item needed automatically from them...

there is a gifting lifeline which I have found totally useless as the item for the quest is never an item that can be gifted to you? Unless I am missing something here...example, cinnamon bundles...others cannot gift that to you?

CURRENTLY I have trader lifeline and need cinnamon bundles to move along with my quest...I have tried to "trade or buy" them from people but they cannot be traded for nor bought??? Anyone know how this particular lifeline works?

It says "The trader lifeline lets you produce goods for this quest also by trading with other farmers in the market"

Confused as heck!
Thanks for any help!
Jake
Old Feb 11 2020, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth357 View Post
In "Quests" you can click the life saver icon to get help on a quest...there are 3 different ones I believe...one is employee lifeline which is great and easy to use...you simply work for others and get the item needed automatically from them...

there is a gifting lifeline which I have found totally useless as the item for the quest is never an item that can be gifted to you? Unless I am missing something here...example, cinnamon bundles...others cannot gift that to you?

CURRENTLY I have trader lifeline and need cinnamon bundles to move along with my quest...I have tried to "trade or buy" them from people but they cannot be traded for nor bought??? Anyone know how this particular lifeline works?

It says "The trader lifeline lets you produce goods for this quest also by trading with other farmers in the market"

Confused as heck!
Thanks for any help!
Jake
Hi Jake,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about quests.

The trader life line only allows you to buy what you can normally buy from others which are basic items only. That would include any harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers. You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer.
You can find all the information on the life lines in the Game Guide chapter 28 on Quests:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 12 2020, 09:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Angry quest

I had completed 8 quest in 7 days and when I went to accept it well it took 2 away and said they weren't done within the time line (which wasn't true) and it only gave me 1 farm cash instead of 2, and this is not the first time it has happened!
Old Feb 12 2020, 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanitaQ View Post
I had completed 8 quest in 7 days and when I went to accept it well it took 2 away and said they weren't done within the time line (which wasn't true) and it only gave me 1 farm cash instead of 2, and this is not the first time it has happened!
Hi JuanitaQ,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support section thread about Quests as you are asking a question and not providing feedback about the game.

First let me say that a quest is only good for the FC collecting for 7 days to the second after the last step is completed. When it reaches that 7 days then it drops off of the chart.

You had completed 2 quests on Feb 5th at 7:58 PM and 8:00 PM eastern time. You did not collect your FC until Feb 12th (today) at 10:17 PM eastern time. That means the 2 quests you completed on the 5th both had expired and dropped off the list leaving you 6 quests. I am sorry, but the 1 FC is correct.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2020, 03:16 PM

Default Weekly Quests & Weekly Co-Op Quests

I have been playing FT and doing the QUESTs (Q) and CO-OP QUESTs (CQ) for a long time. One week after you start your Q or CQ you can earn / collect 1 FT $ or 2 FT $$ for EACH (Q or CQ) if you complete enough of EACH (Qs and CQs) within the 7 day time period. When I began doing the Qs and CQs, I was completing my week (7 days) early in the morning in the day. The longer that I have been playing FT, the collection (week) keeps moving later in the day so that it is getting to the point where I will be ASLEEP at NIGHT when my week (7 days) completes and I should be able to collect what I have earned for that week, but I will not be able to collect my earned 1 FT $ or 2 FT $$ because I will be SLEEPING. I will miss out on collecting what I have earned for that week (either that or I will have to WAKE UP in the middle of the night just to go to FT to collect what I have earned during the past week from playing FT. This is happening because I am NOT always available to be playing FT EXACTLY when my week (7 days) are up. Also, I ALWAYS get a false message that says "NOT ENOUGH Q or CQ completed" when the week (7 days) are up --- WHICH IS NOT TRUE ... this message gets displayed because of a timing thing of when and how often FT updates the Qs and CQs data for the farmer.

It sure would be NICE / HELPFUL if FT made the collection time of the last day of the 7 days to be 20 hours instead of 1 full day (24 hours). This would be EXACTLY the same as FT allows farmers to begin a NEW Q once a day (every 20 hours); FT's 1 day crops being being ready 20 hours after they are planted, not 24 hours; the CHICKEN COOP building allows farmers to harvest the animals in the chicken coop ONCE A DAY, which is 20 HOURS, not 24 hours. Doing this ... would allow farmers to COLLECT their earned FT $ / $$ for doing the Qs and CQs at the same time EACH WEEK, rather than this time getting pushed back later and later and later in the day. For example, a farmer can COLLECT their EARNED FT $ / $$ at 12 noon local time on Monday of EACH WEEK ... instead of the time for a farmer to COLLECT their EARNED FT $ / $$ EACH week moving to later and later and later in the day on Monday (moving toward mid-night from 12 noon, which is going to happen to me soon).

This IMPROVEMENT would be GREATLY appreciated by many if NOT all farmers who play FT and who do the Qs and CQs weekly!

I have attached 2 files (pictures) of where I COMPLETED 13 CQs in the 7 days, yet FT gave me a message that said NOT ENOUGH QUESTS COMPLETED. In the 1st example I completed my 13th CQ on the last day (Monday) of my week. The 2nd example I did NOT complete my 13th CQ on the last day (Monday) of my week, but rather I completed my 13th CQ on Sunday, the day BEFORE the 7 day weekly timer was reached. You can see at the bottom of both examples that I have MET the REQUIREMENT to complete 13 CQs in the 7 day time period, thus, the message FT displayed was NOT CORRECT!

Thank you for considering this as a HIGH PRIORITY IMPROVEMENT to the FT game!
Old Feb 15 2020, 03:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi majarmus,
I have copied your suggestion post to the Help & Support section subject thread about quests to answer you as we can not reply to p[osts in the Suggestions section. I didnot remove your Suggestion however there are a few things I would like to point out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majarmus View Post
I have been playing FT and doing the QUESTs (Q) and CO-OP QUESTs (CQ) for a long time. One week after you start your Q or CQ you can earn / collect 1 FT $ or 2 FT $$ for EACH (Q or CQ) if you complete enough of EACH (Qs and CQs) within the 7 day time period. When I began doing the Qs and CQs, I was completing my week (7 days) early in the morning in the day. The longer that I have been playing FT, the collection (week) keeps moving later in the day so that it is getting to the point where I will be ASLEEP at NIGHT when my week (7 days) completes and I should be able to collect what I have earned for that week, but I will not be able to collect my earned 1 FT $ or 2 FT $$ because I will be SLEEPING. I will miss out on collecting what I have earned for that week (either that or I will have to WAKE UP in the middle of the night just to go to FT to collect what I have earned during the past week from playing FT. This is happening because I am NOT always available to be playing FT EXACTLY when my week (7 days) are up. Also, I ALWAYS get a false message that says "NOT ENOUGH Q or CQ completed" when the week (7 days) are up --- WHICH IS NOT TRUE ... this message gets displayed because of a timing thing of when and how often FT updates the Qs and CQs data for the farmer.
Your time for collecting changes only because you do not get to the manager to collect at the time it is ready. One way to keep from losing quests is to not start the last step for any quest you want to hold over for the next week until a day after you have collected. That gives you extra time before you lose those quests.

Quote:
It sure would be NICE / HELPFUL if FT made the collection time of the last day of the 7 days to be 20 hours instead of 1 full day (24 hours). This would be EXACTLY the same as FT allows farmers to begin a NEW Q once a day (every 20 hours); FT's 1 day crops being being ready 20 hours after they are planted, not 24 hours; the CHICKEN COOP building allows farmers to harvest the animals in the chicken coop ONCE A DAY, which is 20 HOURS, not 24 hours. Doing this ... would allow farmers to COLLECT their earned FT $ / $$ for doing the Qs and CQs at the same time EACH WEEK, rather than this time getting pushed back later and later and later in the day. For example, a farmer can COLLECT their EARNED FT $ / $$ at 12 noon local time on Monday of EACH WEEK ... instead of the time for a farmer to COLLECT their EARNED FT $ / $$ EACH week moving to later and later and later in the day on Monday (moving toward mid-night from 12 noon, which is going to happen to me soon).

This IMPROVEMENT would be GREATLY appreciated by many if NOT all farmers who play FT and who do the Qs and CQs weekly!
Changing the last day to 20 hours instead of 24 hours would not keep the collection time at the same time each week. It would still advance in time each week if you are not there each week to collect at the right time.

Quote:
I have attached 2 files (pictures) of where I COMPLETED 13 CQs in the 7 days, yet FT gave me a message that said NOT ENOUGH QUESTS COMPLETED. In the 1st example I completed my 13th CQ on the last day (Monday) of my week. The 2nd example I did NOT complete my 13th CQ on the last day (Monday) of my week, but rather I completed my 13th CQ on Sunday, the day BEFORE the 7 day weekly timer was reached. You can see at the bottom of both examples that I have MET the REQUIREMENT to complete 13 CQs in the 7 day time period, thus, the message FT displayed was NOT CORRECT!

Thank you for considering this as a HIGH PRIORITY IMPROVEMENT to the FT game!
When you get the message that not enough quests have been completed and you know they have and it has been 7 days that happens if you have your farms open and waiting for the button to change to blue. This happens as you say because the data has not updated. Try closing your farms and reopening them as that will update the data. If that doesn't fix it then clear your memcache, close your farms and reopen them and that should clear the problem.
Old Feb 17 2020, 03:07 PM

Your game is screwed up again. I harvested a few ebony and maple trees in a new quest, showing that completed for a few seconds, then a couple minute later it was unchecked. I also produced a little iron ore and chromite ore, but was not credited. Now it shows a ton of iron ore pending which I never did, and is locked out from producing more. WTF is up with that?
Old Feb 17 2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkFink View Post
Your game is screwed up again. I harvested a few ebony and maple trees in a new quest, showing that completed for a few seconds, then a couple minute later it was unchecked. I also produced a little iron ore and chromite ore, but was not credited. Now it shows a ton of iron ore pending which I never did, and is locked out from producing more. WTF is up with that?
Hi InkFink

Is that quest to Load Portable Bar?

If so, I see 2 steps completed in your data. Maybe they are for chopping maple trees and ebony trees.

For the iron ore and chromite ore, please take in mind that the iron takes 4 hours to be ready and the chromite takes 6 hours. If your mineral mine was loaded at 100% then you need to wait to get 1 batch ready for each item, to be able to start a single batch for each one.

Just in case, please run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Feb 21 2020, 02:28 PM

Hi I have the gift lifeline on a quest that in which I need a product that is not a normal gift item is there a way I can receive it as a gift eg sent from a neighbour who has it in their storage?

TIA

Tags
brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline