Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 22 2021, 05:05 AM
Account Not Linked

USER ID number is: 1458558551

When I enter the Job Marketplace
I no longer see the avatars of other farmers to invite them or get invited to work. This has been happening to me for a few days .... why?
Old Apr 22 2021, 05:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriano View Post
USER ID number is: 1458558551

When I enter the Job Marketplace
I no longer see the avatars of other farmers to invite them or get invited to work. This has been happening to me for a few days .... why?
Hi Doriano,

Thank you for your ID

I've taken a look at your game settings and the language set for the game is not set to English which is probably what the problem is.

Please click on the preferences icon top right of your game screen, scroll down to language and change it to English (US) then please remember to click the green check mark to save the change. When you have done that please reload the game and see if that setting stays set to English. If it has then please try the markets again and see if you can now see farmers there.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 22 2021, 06:33 AM

one of my current quests is showing pink rose as needed - i harvested pink roses serveral times now (not single flowers, but by hundrets/thousands ...) the quest still shows 0/3 and is not calculating right. quest will not be finished this way ...
Old Apr 22 2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfischmac View Post
one of my current quests is showing pink rose as needed - i harvested pink roses serveral times now (not single flowers, but by hundrets/thousands ...) the quest still shows 0/3 and is not calculating right. quest will not be finished this way ...
Hi derfischmac,

Which quest is it that requires pink roses?

I am only seeing 2 quests for you that are not completed, those are Make Cold Cream and Load Dublin Lawyer, neither of them require pink roses.

The cold cream needs the Iris flower, is it showing you a pink rose instead of an iris? If it is that one, make sure you are harvesting those on your own farms yourself as it won't count if you are hiring others to work your flowers or when working for others unless you have the relevant lifeline for that quest.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 22 2021, 07:19 AM

after the update on 4-20, my farm 40 won't keep planted, it just goes to harvested plots, plant it and it looks planted and then come back and it show just harvested. so now I can't send gifts, can't ask for boosts for my trains and a farm that won't stay planted. I have left messages about these problems, and nothing is changed. 1644870283
ty farm grandma

i am not sure how many of my friends play farmtown, but I do have about 1000 friends. my browser is allowing pop up and etc. I had checked that before I messaged about this problem.

I know that I have less than I had before the changes, as some have stopped playing. but the problem isn't because I had too many friends, never was a problem before. This problem has happened in the past and then they fixed it.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 22 2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old Apr 22 2021, 07:48 AM

Not had time to look through the posts.

I've noticed a few times now that my crops have perished when I have thought they should have more time left on them.
Checked today on OATS, the expiry date/time is the normal time, and not extended time which it should be when irrigated.
So I'm thinking the Irrigation tool settings need looking at.
( 640486552 )
Old Apr 22 2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Not had time to look through the posts.

I've noticed a few times now that my crops have perished when I have thought they should have more time left on them.
Checked today on OATS, the expiry date/time is the normal time, and not extended time which it should be when irrigated.
So I'm thinking the Irrigation tool settings need looking at.
( 640486552 )
Hi NiMo1960

Are you using the purple sprinkler to irrigate your crops?

Are you irrigating one farm at a time after planting it or you click in the sprinkler and then in All button and then in the green tick?
If you use the last method (All) do you see if any of your farms are greyed out?

After using the sprinkler, do the crops shows the I and if you hover the mouse on the grid do the rectangles for the farms show the I ?

Please also check if your date (day, month, year) and time (hour, minutes AM/PM) are correct in your computer.
Old Apr 22 2021, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmas farm View Post
after the update on 4-20, my farm 40 won't keep planted, it just goes to harvested plots, plant it and it looks planted and then come back and it show just harvested. so now I can't send gifts, can't ask for boosts for my trains and a farm that won't stay planted. I have left messages about these problems, and nothing is changed. 1644870283
ty farm grandma

i am not sure how many of my friends play farmtown, but I do have about 1000 friends. my browser is allowing pop up and etc. I had checked that before I messaged about this problem.

I know that I have less than I had before the changes, as some have stopped playing. but the problem isn't because I had too many friends, never was a problem before. This problem has happened in the past and then they fixed it.
Hi Grandmas farm,
For your farm 40 that keeps reverting to harvested plots, it may be accidently layered. To fix this you will need to delete all the plots, restart your farms and see if any come back. If they do then delete again and restart, repeating until none show up again. then you can replow and plant and they should be ok.
For the lists not showing for sending gifts and boosting trains, the developers are still looking at this, but it is something that Faceboook changed causing this to happen. There may not being anything the developers can do until Facebook fixes the issue. Just because something worked before does not mean it will work forever. Facebook has changed the amount of data they would send to Farm Town before lowering how many friends you could have and get all the information sent. You will just have to wait and see if the developers can come up with a solution to this or Facebook to change back whatever they have done.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2021, 10:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi alan m,

What do you mean that the farms are shutting down? Do you mean that the game locks up after working some fishing jobs?

Were the farms wall to wall waters, could there have also been other items on the farms under the waters as well? If so, those kind of farms are a big demand on memory and some will have difficulties working those types of farms. Have a look at the hardware and software requirements that would provide optimal game play in the HTML/WebGL thread and compare it to what you have on your computer. Here's the link that will take you to that post in case you need it http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270
i have plenty of Ram memory and my Farm entry is under the new HTML supported by thon Webgl -

There are NO crops or trees under the Farms that I harvest fish from - There has never been a problem from the onset and I have had no problem when I first started working on those farms - now today I went to the market place and was hired with someone wanting their fish harvested - No Problem there and they were as you say -wall to wall --Go back to my SN and the first small farms are easy -then it slows to a halt ---nothing -the screen goes Black and then to the Slashkey error message - then I reboot - clear cookies etc then log back in - does a couple more until the big lot -slows again -then goes to Black screen - Plenty of power -plenty of memory BUT -it just dont go right - I have even asked my SN to try it at the market place - but does not work there either.
Old Apr 22 2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan m View Post
i have plenty of Ram memory and my Farm entry is under the new HTML supported by thon Webgl -

There are NO crops or trees under the Farms that I harvest fish from - There has never been a problem from the onset and I have had no problem when I first started working on those farms - now today I went to the market place and was hired with someone wanting their fish harvested - No Problem there and they were as you say -wall to wall --Go back to my SN and the first small farms are easy -then it slows to a halt ---nothing -the screen goes Black and then to the Slashkey error message - then I reboot - clear cookies etc then log back in - does a couple more until the big lot -slows again -then goes to Black screen - Plenty of power -plenty of memory BUT -it just dont go right - I have even asked my SN to try it at the market place - but does not work there either.

Hi alan m,

I'm going to copy your report over the relevant thread for the devs to see. The devs will want more information if possible so I will list some questions, if you can answer them that would be great.

Did this problem only start today? If not, do you recall which day this started happening?

Did you notice a massive increase in the memory information at the bottom of the game screen when this happens and are there any errors in the FT console? If you can see an error please list the one you see. You may want try using CTRL+A to copy that information rather than trying to highlight it to copy it, if you can.

Is it only this persons farms you have problems with? Do you SN for anyone else that has similar farms without problems?

Does the farm owner have any problems doing those farms as well since this happened?

If possible could you ask your friend for their user ID and let us know which of the farms this happens on please.

Clickable Help Links:

Closed Thread