Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 14 2023, 04:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbLH View Post
I’m receiving the same error as Alexm2012. As soon as I click ACCEPT ALL it appears.

Browser clearing, updates, computer updates?
All have been updated, also ran the website memcache

On the website:
How many Pending gifts are showing on the Pending tab? 32
Are you able to exchange one gift rather than all of them at once? Yes, one at a time seems to work.
Are there any gifts in your My Gifts section that you have not stored yet? All gifts were already stored
If you have gifts in your My Gifts, how many are there? Empty

In the Facebook game:
Are there any gifts in your gift box there that have not been accepted yet? No
If there gifts in your Facebook gift box, how many are there? Empty
Did you accept your gifts on Facebook and store them before you ran into issues with the website gift box? Sorry, don’t remember

2023-07-14 15:37:39.905 WARNEXCEPTION: ERROR Ajax: Error decoding json:
fail - Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected end when reading JSON. Path '', line 1, position 4.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.MatchValue (System.Boolean enoughChars, System.String value) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Hi BarbLH,
After you accepted 1 or 2 individually did you try doing the exchange all and accept all again? That has worked for others. We are looking into this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2023, 04:26 PM

Thanks, Taz
I tried 1, exchanged it (no gift to return); tried the 2nd, exchanged it then returned a gift. Then I tried exchange all and accept all. I still get the same error message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi BarbLH,
After you accepted 1 or 2 individually did you try doing the exchange all and accept all again? That has worked for others. We are looking into this.
Old Jul 14 2023, 04:40 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
I’m receiving the same error as Alexm2012. As soon as I click ACCEPT ALL it appears.

How many Pending gifts are showing on the Pending tab? 32

2023-07-14 15:37:39.905 WARNEXCEPTION: ERROR Ajax: Error decoding json:
fail - Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected end when reading JSON. Path '', line 1, position 4.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.MatchValue (System.Boolean enoughChars, System.String value) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Hi BarbLH,

Thank you for your response and the copy of the error, much appreciated.

I am only quoting part of your message that I would like a little more information on please if you can.

You are saying you have 32 Pending Gifts, do you mean that's what you have right now OR is that what you had at the time you got the error?

Does it still happen if you have less or more than that amount Pending?

Or does this happen every time you use Exchange All first then use Accept All?

What gift did you exchange them for?

Edit to Add: next time this happens can you see if you can spot if there could be a particular gift in your gift box that might be causing it if this doesn't happen every single time.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 14 2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jul 14 2023, 05:31 PM

YW, Tiger

You are saying you have 32 Pending Gifts, do you mean that's what you have right now OR is that what you had at the time you got the error? That’s what I had when I got the error. Looks as if friends are sending out gifts, the number keeps changing.

Does it still happen if you have less or more than that amount Pending? It seems to occur regardless of the amount.

Or does this happen every time you use Exchange All first then use Accept All? It seems to happen with Exchange All then Accept All.

Edit to Add: next time this happens can you see if you can spot if there could be a particular gift in your gift box that might be causing it if this doesn't happen every single time. So far it happens all the time unless I Exchange then Accept individually. I’ll watch for any particular gift that might be causing this. I was Exchanging for eggs, so tried Exchanging for milk but the results were the same.

PS: I loaded and sent off my pink ship a while ago. When I reload my farm I keep getting the message, “The Crops, Fruit and Flowers Container at your Cargo Ship Pink has already completed it preparation cycle.” Don’t know if this is related somehow or if I should report it separately? I ran both the website memcache and the Facebook memcache, but still get the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi BarbLH,

Thank you for your response and the copy of the error, much appreciated.

I am only quoting part of your message that I would like a little more information on please if you can.

You are saying you have 32 Pending Gifts, do you mean that's what you have right now OR is that what you had at the time you got the error?

Does it still happen if you have less or more than that amount Pending?

Or does this happen every time you use Exchange All first then use Accept All?

What gift did you exchange them for?

Edit to Add: next time this happens can you see if you can spot if there could be a particular gift in your gift box that might be causing it if this doesn't happen every single time.
Old Jul 14 2023, 05:51 PM

WARNEXCEPTION: ERROR Ajax: Error decoding json:

tried exchanging the gifts i had 83 for carbonated water and got the error
then i reloaded and tried exchanging for seawater bait and it allowed me to accept all at the same time without the error message just wondered if that might have had something to do with it mods
Old Jul 14 2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
YW, Tiger

You are saying you have 32 Pending Gifts, do you mean that's what you have right now OR is that what you had at the time you got the error? That’s what I had when I got the error. Looks as if friends are sending out gifts, the number keeps changing.

Does it still happen if you have less or more than that amount Pending? It seems to occur regardless of the amount.

Or does this happen every time you use Exchange All first then use Accept All? It seems to happen with Exchange All then Accept All.

Edit to Add: next time this happens can you see if you can spot if there could be a particular gift in your gift box that might be causing it if this doesn't happen every single time. So far it happens all the time unless I Exchange then Accept individually. I’ll watch for any particular gift that might be causing this. I was Exchanging for eggs, so tried Exchanging for milk but the results were the same.

PS: I loaded and sent off my pink ship a while ago. When I reload my farm I keep getting the message, “The Crops, Fruit and Flowers Container at your Cargo Ship Pink has already completed it preparation cycle.” Don’t know if this is related somehow or if I should report it separately? I ran both the website memcache and the Facebook memcache, but still get the message.

Thanks BarbLH, all information appreciated!

We've had no problems exchanging for eggs nor have we had problems exchanging far more gifts than that either so we will keep looking for a cause. As you know we have sent this off. You can also contact the support team about this issue so they also have the information as they will likely be gathering it to add to what has already been sent off.
If you are playing on the Website you can use this link to contact them:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
If you are playing on Facebook please use this link:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

Your ship I am afraid I don't have great news other than it's not related to this issue with gifting. That popup is likely to show up now until you start preparing your next ship, at which time it will clear. There isn't anything we can do to fix that. I am sorry.

This can happen when you are idle on your farms and when you go to dispatch the popup that asks you if you want to dispatch doesn't show on top of the ships logbook when you click on dispatch. Unfortunately it can seem to happen at random as well, most of the time it's fine and as it will not reproduce consistently every time it's been tested it's very difficult to find the exact cause.

When you have finished preparing tomorrows ship even if a popup shows that a container is finished preparing and it's your last container, don't dispatch it. You can either close that popup and open the seaport and then dispatch it or you can reload the game and then open the seaport and dispatch it.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jul 14 2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post

then i reloaded and tried exchanging for seawater bait and it allowed me to accept all at the same time without the error message just wondered if that might have had something to do with it mods
Thanks Alexm2012,

We will try the carbonated water, at the moment we don't think it's the amount exchanged as it's happening with different amounts. It doesn't seem to be happening to everyone either so it's being a pain to pin down.

Have you had it again since this morning? If you need carbonated water again later, see if the same thing happens with that.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jul 15 2023, 12:00 AM

UPDATE, hope this info is helpful:
First Attempt:
I had a lot of gifts when I came back online so I decided to just Accept All. I was able to return gifts, too, with no trouble.

But if I used Exchange All I get the same error as previously reported.

Second Attempt:
I tried Exchanging each gift individually. I clicked Accept All and got the same error message.

Third Attempt:
I tried to Accept All (like the first time). I got the same error message.

PS: NP with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Thanks BarbLH, all information appreciated!

We've had no problems exchanging for eggs nor have we had problems exchanging far more gifts than that either so we will keep looking for a cause. As you know we have sent this off. You can also contact the support team about this issue so they also have the information as they will likely be gathering it to add to what has already been sent off.
If you are playing on the Website you can use this link to contact them:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
If you are playing on Facebook please use this link:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

Your ship I am afraid I don't have great news other than it's not related to this issue with gifting. That popup is likely to show up now until you start preparing your next ship, at which time it will clear. There isn't anything we can do to fix that. I am sorry.

This can happen when you are idle on your farms and when you go to dispatch the popup that asks you if you want to dispatch doesn't show on top of the ships logbook when you click on dispatch. Unfortunately it can seem to happen at random as well, most of the time it's fine and as it will not reproduce consistently every time it's been tested it's very difficult to find the exact cause.

When you have finished preparing tomorrows ship even if a popup shows that a container is finished preparing and it's your last container, don't dispatch it. You can either close that popup and open the seaport and then dispatch it or you can reload the game and then open the seaport and dispatch it.

Last edited by BarbLH; Jul 15 2023 at 12:22 AM.
Old Jul 15 2023, 12:54 AM

Angry not happy

i along with other ft players are no longer happy with the way farm town has gone. I found it boring now and I am packing it up like many others have done.

part of the fun of playing ft was that I used to multi-send out gifts to all my ft friends every 2 hours or so but now I can only send out one gift to my ft farmers friend every 2 hours ..

i feel myself that the game has gone in the wrong direction and i am joining the others that have left farm town behind..

goodbye KOM FARMS UK.:mad
Old Jul 15 2023, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post

Quote:
UPDATE, hope this info is helpful:
First Attempt:
I had a lot of gifts when I came back online so I decided to just Accept All. I was able to return gifts, too, with no trouble.

But if I used Exchange All I get the same error as previously reported.

Second Attempt:
I tried Exchanging each gift individually. I clicked Accept All and got the same error message.

Third Attempt:
I tried to Accept All (like the first time). I got the same error message.

PS: NP with the ship
Hi Alex2012 and BarbLH,

The devs were able to reproduce the error and started working on it while I was gone for the night. Hopefully it should be fixed soon. It may be worth you running the slashkey memcache when you are logged into the website, then log out of the website and back in before you try again to see if it's still happening.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Clickable Help Links:

Closed Thread