Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 21 2010, 10:27 AM

this is probably a dumb question, but where do I get crab,lobster, and slamon.
Old Jun 21 2010, 10:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdebby View Post
Where do you get salmon?
The lake with the boat and dock is the only one with salmon. Not fair, I know.
Old Jun 21 2010, 10:39 AM

Life isn't fair.

There are a lot of things I'm doing without. That's just how it goes.
Old Jun 21 2010, 10:44 AM

I love the new changes, especially the gifts exchange! However, ever since the new release, I cannot hire someone who is on my farm to plow. After they harvest, I cannot hire them to plow. I am also being charged anywhere from 300-700 coins to send a hire request at Market. What is that about??? Half the time, I cannot even get on my farm. I hope you are working on these issues and clear them up soon. Farming has become much slower because of these problems. Thanks.
Old Jun 21 2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallets View Post
thank u very f much... I have just lost 48 cows and a heap of chickens and 30 llamas cos u didn"t put a ****
warning on moving things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barns are facilities too and u cannot move any facility into storage with product in them or u lose product. U need to empty barns of animals and move each into storage and then remove from storage in reverse on the farm u want them on.
Old Jun 21 2010, 10:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for all the new stuff. . .but when I put all my cows in the dairy barn, then moved the barn into storage so I could move it all to another farm, well lost all my cows. When I click on the barn at the new location there are no cows inside, where are they? Do I have to start all over again? I did not know I could just put them into storage or would have done it that way.
Old Jun 21 2010, 11:04 AM

It is a world of ice cream I'm going to stay away from. [/quote]

My sentiments exactly!

Though I admit I was a skeptic about ice cream and potato chips (the crisp packet kind, not the fish and chips kind) until I tasted it, I really can't see anyone investing time and valuable capital into a fish ice cream business.

But then, I could be wrong.
Cottage Industries
The Orchards
Ocean View Resort
Old Jun 21 2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagoshen View Post
Well said Saylorgirl.

have been doing the fields myself.

let them go play Farmville and after a while they will have something to complain about.
Hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't admit but that made me giggle. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolock View Post
Thank you for all the new stuff. . .but when I put all my cows in the dairy barn, then moved the barn into storage so I could move it all to another farm, well lost all my cows. When I click on the barn at the new location there are no cows inside, where are they? Do I have to start all over again? I did not know I could just put them into storage or would have done it that way.

Put the shed back on the original farm and the cows should reappear. Take them out of the shed and move the shed and the animals separately to the farm where you want them.
Old Jun 21 2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLion View Post
Such an obvious Pacific Coast bias in place.

In the South (Savannah here) the menu would be more like this:

*Catfish dinner

*Coleslaw (shredded cabbage, dill, and mayo)

*Hushpuppies (oil, corn meal)

*Fried shrimp

*Sweet tea

*Gumbo

*Crab legs

So a few new crops would be needed: Dill seed, okra, tea trees (Orange Pekoe is most common, but Green tea is cool too)

And I agree with the Onion Rings request! :-)
Had to smile at this and previous posts about the menu bias ...

For we Aussies along with Mackerel, Trout or Salmon, there'd have to be Barramundi somewhere on the menu.

And you could also find there Whiting, John Dory, Murray Cod, Redfin, Trevally, Snapper, Flathead or Flake (often generic for any type of shark meat) as well as other delights ..

Lobster and Crab could be on the menu ... but so could Freshwater or Saltwater Crayfish, and possibly Yabby. There's nothing like a fresh cray, caught that morning and freshly cooked ..

Here "shrimp" are often tiny wee things that go into fried rice ... We'd be more likely to have King Prawns on a menu and possibly Morton Bay Bugs .. (a bit like scallops)

As for carp or 'carp sushi' .. well!!

Carp is actually a declared 'noxious species' here in Victoria .. and possibly elsewhere in Australia, though I can't say for sure. A danger to native species and (in parts) a major environmental problem. Though fishing folk may enjoy the sport of catching carp, it is illegal to throw them back and all those caught must be destroyed. In spite of that, Aussies as a rule don't eat carp It certainly is not used in restaurants - or even fish and chip shops - here and is pretty much despised as an eating fish.

And "Tilapia" or "Mahi Mahi"? I'd never heard of them before playing FT, and had to satisfy my curiosity by looking them up on the web.... But then, I am not an angler and don't really know my fish species .. other than those that find their way onto my restaurant plate or into my parcel of fish and chips.
Cottage Industries
The Orchards
Ocean View Resort
Old Jun 21 2010, 12:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Why can't neighbors help produce faster with the fish farming plant? It's a facility (unlike the truck, which is a delivery tool) and it produces (not just a harvester), so it doesn't make sense that neighbors can't help with it.

The fish farming plant really should have been put in the tools section of the store because that is really what it is a tool. You can only order 7 days worth of stuff in that "facility" just like with the oil pump and truck that are tools.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread