Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 25 2011, 07:53 AM

ok, we are DUE for an update--- i am thinking (hoping and praying too) that the update comes while i am away from the pc earning real money(since i was told that evidently farming pixel crops and working at a pixel cafe and a pixel restaurant and earning "millions" at each won't pay the bills( man, and here i thought i was a "zillionaire"!)

either that or the update will come tonight and i will have 4 days to putter with it since after today i have the next 4 days off from work.

BRING ON FARM 11 and a bunch of goodies(preferably all for coin )
Old Aug 25 2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Im with you.. and I dont think the Kirby is any different that a Dyson.. highly over rated! Ill stick to my trusted Electrolux!

Gotta disagree with ya kahra ... I had a Kirby (so heavy it was like pushing around a Buick) and I have had two Electrolux vacuums . . . and the Dyson I have now outperforms all of them, and cost less than either of the Electrolux.

Lord, we need that new farm ... I can't believe I'm talking vacuums ... I HATE housework!
Old Aug 25 2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
Update on Hurricane Irene as at 30 mins ago
5:00 AM EDT Thu Aug 25
Max sustained: 115 mph
Moving: NW at 12 mph
Min pressure: 950 mb

which was 285 miles southeast of miami and if Irene maintains her heading and speed of advance will make landfall in 23 hrs or so
8:00 AM EDT Thu Aug 25
Max sustained: 115 mph
Moving: NW at 13 mph
Min pressure: 950 mb

which is now 260 miles almost due east of miami
if Irene continues to track nw it look like making landfall near daytona beach

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Aug 25 2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post
Gotta disagree with ya kahra ... I had a Kirby (so heavy it was like pushing around a Buick) and I have had two Electrolux vacuums . . . and the Dyson I have now outperforms all of them, and cost less than either of the Electrolux.

Lord, we need that new farm ... I can't believe I'm talking vacuums ... I HATE housework!
aye the kirby was a heavy clunker to push around havent seen the dysons yet but its construction makes it easier to use ....but see it if lasts 20 yrs lol

oh and yes we do need the new farm ...my wife wants her kitchen back (i bake when i am bored lol)

Old Aug 25 2011, 08:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

how can you keep this forum from automatically subscribing you to threads? by doing that, slashkey is literally spamming my inbox, and i hate that!

i found it! but i still believe the default should be 'no subscription' and the user should decide if they want the subscription or not.

i do not use the email associated with this forum as a regular email acct, so you can imagine my surprise when i went to check it today, and there was thousands of email notifications from this forum, and only about 20 emails from the other 50 or so forums/places i haunt.

Sunburst Market
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by cjbraswell; Aug 25 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old Aug 25 2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbraswell View Post
how can you keep this forum from automatically subscribing you to threads? by doing that, slashkey is literally spamming my inbox, and i hate that!
i had that problem too till i made a separate email for things like this...i use hotmail and i just glance down the list and see if theres any non forum ones if not i go select all... mark as read..... and delete them... there is probably a better way that the mods will know of but for now this might help you

Old Aug 25 2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
OK Raul, i hope you see people are debating vacuum cleaners now and the mods arent even telling us to stay on topic in this thread, thats about as bad as it gets, we need something to do!! LOL
Shhuuuussssshhhhh it may be because they are concentrating on that new release that they're gonna surprise us with in the next couple hours that they dont have time to tell us off in the forums lol
Old Aug 25 2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
OK Raul, i hope you see people are debating vacuum cleaners now and the mods arent even telling us to stay on topic in this thread, thats about as bad as it gets, we need something to do!! LOL

There is a commonality in waiting for #11....and vacuums......

they both suck.

I am totally supportive of the posters who recommend some kind of release (if only a crop or re-design of an out-of proportion building) every week.

I highly doubt that the number of items in a given new release all just come together at the same moment. Some are done, checked, and ready to go while others are still being coded or corrected.

How 'bout devs?

Old Aug 25 2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post

Years ago my mother-in-law bought us a Kirby from a demonstration. The price started at $1800, and eventually came "down" to #1000.... after the salesperson "talked" to his supervisor on a phone that was out of order.

We still have it... it works... it is heavy... it is delegated to the basement for periodic "employment".

We also had a Rainbow at one time..... nice concept... way too expensive. If anyone is looking to buy farm #11, I mean a new vacuum.... just visit a few farm, I mean, vacuum repair shops...... They usually have all kinds of abandoned Kirbys and Dysons.

Unfortunately, none of them have FT farms for sale..... not even used ones.

Old Aug 25 2011, 09:26 AM

lol had a kirby guy come visit me...cold call it was.....he didnt know i had the Amway cms 2000 lol...he proceeded to demo his machine i then wheeled out the cms and revacymed whathe had done and the cms sucked up yet more dirt off the floor the kirby guy said was ''clean'' suffice to say he didnt make a sale

Closed Thread