Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 24 2016, 07:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Dulcinea,
I am not sure where you live, but I know we have them in the Wal Mart here in the U.S.
Ah, that explains it then.
Old Apr 24 2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
Ah, that explains it then.
I don't use a regular charge or debit card.... it is a question of who to trust I guess.

So... gift cards work well for me. True, it costs about $5 to activate a $100 card, but that is worth it for the safety factor.
Old Apr 24 2016, 07:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
This is going to be an unpopular statement but if you want to enhance performance put a stop to layering and excessive stacking. I have some neighbors that layer and stack so much that if you do not hide everything while working facilities the game takes 3-4 minutes to load each farm or it crashes altogether. One of the reason I stayed with FT and quit the other farm game is FT offered some element of realism.
it all depends on what type of computer you have, how many GB of RAM you have, what processor you have, how fast your internet speed is.. how often you do maintenance on your own computer, Disk Cleanup etc, not just clearing browser cache, history and downloads.. also how often you clear ALL sites from your flash player.. some browsers are slower than others, the best one for farmtown, for me, is Google Chrome. And all good farmers know to hide everything before loading farms anyway... makes loading farms faster..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 25 2016, 02:05 AM

Question Am I losing fuel when refueling from 0?

I clicked to refuel just to see and noticed I have a lot more than I thought. It seems that the max fuel you could get is 9,999,999 but the million keeps rolling over until it is done counting and whatever number it lands on (even 0,960,230 which is under 1 mil) is this what you get? If so what happens to the rest? Or do you actually get what you are supposed to get but the little fuel pump doesn't have enough number places to show?
It wouldn't be a problem if I could just sell a specific amount and be able to get 9,999,999 but now I'm afraid to refuel and lose all that extra fuel. I went ahead and stocked the gas station with some tanks and stopped further production of tanks. I just wanted to be sure on what to do. If there is going to be another number place or a few added then I will try to wait it out for my next fill up.
Old Apr 25 2016, 04:06 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree with you whole-heartedly, dave... it isn't right
Old Apr 25 2016, 04:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
it all depends on what type of computer you have, how many GB of RAM you have, what processor you have, how fast your internet speed is.. how often you do maintenance on your own computer, Disk Cleanup etc, not just clearing browser cache, history and downloads.. also how often you clear ALL sites from your flash player.. some browsers are slower than others, the best one for farmtown, for me, is Google Chrome. And all good farmers know to hide everything before loading farms anyway... makes loading farms faster..
Understand and do all that. Use IE, Firefox and did use Chrome but it does not play well with other programs. Now use Firefox for working facilities and IE for general farming. IE works better for speed of clicking. Something I don't think is being pointed out is that Flash for IE is integrated with IE and Windows and is not a stand along program. It is for Chrome and Firefox. But back to my original statement and opinion is that layering and stacking is not overall good for the game. It changes the nature of the game, less realism.
Old Apr 25 2016, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Understand and do all that. Use IE, Firefox and did use Chrome but it does not play well with other programs. Now use Firefox for working facilities and IE for general farming. IE works better for speed of clicking. Something I don't think is being pointed out is that Flash for IE is integrated with IE and Windows and is not a stand along program. It is for Chrome and Firefox. But back to my original statement and opinion is that layering and stacking is not overall good for the game. It changes the nature of the game, less realism.

I find that the "nature" or the direction of the game is quantity.... lots of factories available and thus the need for lots of crops, trees, fish, etc.

Now, if a player needs lots of trees(apples for example), they most likely plant them right next to each other in large clusters or sections..... not spread out like a realistic apple orchard. The devs also recognized this when they changed the footprint for the oak trees.

Same need is addressed with staggered crops. I have some farms that are 40x40 and 9x staggered. They yield 60,000 plus with bonuses and are no problem to load. When a player can use my combine they get lots of points and crops.

As for layering... well, I appreciate those who prefer to place trees on top of crops on top of facilities etc. Maybe I am just OCD, but I don't care for that "mess" IMHO.

As for these methods not being good for the game..... whose game? Yours, mine or anothers? We each play as we prefer to play... no problem for me.

Old Apr 25 2016, 07:33 AM

If you want to get rid of staggered fields then you are going to have to up the amount of crop we get from each plant. Take tomatoes for one, if you plant a real tomato plant in your garden do you get just one tomato, no you get a bunch. Coconuts is another one I think to load the factories that need them you need 3 to 4 thousand, if you want to load at 100%. So you have to plant that many. They should have made the coconuts make 20 coconuts instead of 1 that way we could plant 150 trees to get 3000. Take cheese I need several dairy plants to make enough to load the other factories at 100%. Take the Dairy shed it lets you put 200 cows in it, sorry but 200 cows is not going to load one factory at 100%. They should have started at the beginning making it so one factory made enough stuff to load any and all other factories that need that product.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Apr 25 2016, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TRIXIE_ View Post
I clicked to refuel just to see and noticed I have a lot more than I thought. It seems that the max fuel you could get is 9,999,999 but the million keeps rolling over until it is done counting and whatever number it lands on (even 0,960,230 which is under 1 mil) is this what you get? If so what happens to the rest? Or do you actually get what you are supposed to get but the little fuel pump doesn't have enough number places to show?
It wouldn't be a problem if I could just sell a specific amount and be able to get 9,999,999 but now I'm afraid to refuel and lose all that extra fuel. I went ahead and stocked the gas station with some tanks and stopped further production of tanks. I just wanted to be sure on what to do. If there is going to be another number place or a few added then I will try to wait it out for my next fill up.
Hi Trixie,
You get as much fuel as you are supposed to for how many fuel tanks you have in storage. The problem is that the number for refueling doesn't go beyond 10 digits. The last time I refueled I got 130 million even though the number doesn't show it correctly. It is just like the experience and coins. There is just not enough space to show the whole number.
If you want to know close to how much you will get check how many fuel tanks you have and multiply by 300. That will give you an estimate of how much.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Dulcinea,
I am not sure where you live, but I know we have them in the Wal Mart here in the U.S.
I can buy the facebook cards are shoppers drug mart, walmart, safeway , and even some gas stations have them, they say facebook and can be used on any facebook games, not just farm town, and walmart and shoppers drug mart seem to put them on sale a couple times a year, I stock up then
Closed Thread