Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2010, 09:49 PM

Is there someplace that explains exactly how the chainsaw works. I really dislike chopping down trees, but 40 is alot of farmcash and don't want to buy it if I'm not going to like it. How do you arrange the trees? Can you only do one type of tree at a time? Is it hard to use? I don't have the tree harvester so can't really compare it to that.
Old Sep 01 2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Is there someplace that explains exactly how the chainsaw works. I really dislike chopping down trees, but 40 is alot of farmcash and don't want to buy it if I'm not going to like it. How do you arrange the trees? Can you only do one type of tree at a time? Is it hard to use? I don't have the tree harvester so can't really compare it to that.
I love it. Just run it over the trees and it takes several at a time. The best part is not having to zero in on the exact right spot for the bamboo. It takes me less than half the time and I run over all different trees at a time, no special grouping, I can crowd them even more because I won't miss any. It doesn't take many oak trees at once but it does the job.
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:03 PM

My big bulldozer isn`t working either. Please fix it. Great new items too, especially like the new flowers, hope to see more flowers used in the flower shop.
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Furniture - All furnitures
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

6. Mineral Mine (coins): Allows you to produce silver, gold and diamonds.

7. Jewelry Factory (FC): Allows you to produce jewels:

Earring
Necklace
Photo Frame with embeded jewelry
Ring
Watch
Jewelry Box with embeded jewelry

8. Pasta Factory (coins): Allows you to produce uncooked pasta:

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

9. Pasta Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce salads and pasta dishes:

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

13. Fences can now be selected and hidden without issues.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

Farm 6 and new levels comming soon...

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
WAHOOOO, The best news is the farm 6, THANKS RAUL AND COHORTS, you are much appreciated.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:43 PM
Account Not Linked

"Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it."

I can't get any horses "on it", they walk under it.

I do love the new flowers & the jewelry store...I don't care whether I make money on it or not, it's cute.
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Great updates!
But...... please come out with farms 6 & 7 soon.... everything needs wheat, and even with the manure spreader I am hard pressed to keep up, plus now I have to plant more trees. Also - as I am maxed out for levels, and have over 200 million coins, and 108 FC just begging to be spent.... I need something to be worked for, that's half the reason I quit the other farm game to come here....
So please, more & more & more farmS - please pretty please!
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette Doherty View Post
will we be able to hire to chop down trees in the future like fishing...

They gotta leave something for the farmer to do themselves...next people will want others to plants seeds.
Old Sep 01 2010, 10:52 PM

Default Nooooooooooooooooooo!

School has started and I can't farm as much! HELP! Lesson plans or FT... Correcting papers or FT... which should I do?

(Thank you for the update.. yeah!)
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:00 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Cob Pete View Post
It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).

As a side note, I read everyone's opinion and am glad we all get to express ourselves, but I just don't get how anyone can be serious when they claim this game is unfair because the devs want to charge for some things. As someone pointed out earlier, it is mostly the top level items that cost real money. You can still play for free, you just can't do everything. You can grow grapes and make wine and make a profit, but it cost real money to age it and make the biggest profit. Same thing for oil, minerals, pasta, seafood, textiles, etc., etc. The FC items are LUXERIES. Without them, you can still advance to max levels and make more coin than you could ever spend. What wouldn't be fair is if there was no added benefit (higher profit margins) for those that did spend real money. Then people would have a valid complaint and would quit playing for sure (not just threaten to quit -- but actually quit). As it is now, they don't charge FC for a facility until an item has gone through a couple layers of production, but I get the idea that even if they added several more layers of production to an item before finally charging FC for the last facility, the same people would still complain that it is unfair that they can't do it all for free. For example, if they changed the wine cellar to a coin purchase, and added a wine shop that cost FC , there would still be complaints that it was unfair.

Also, the notion that jacking up the coin cost for an item (rather than charging FC) is not a valid point. It doesn't matter if they charged 100,000 or 10 million for a facility, in the eyes of the devs, it is still a free item and they don't make any money, and they go out of business, and none of us would have this awesome game to play.

So, it may be disappointing to some that everyone can't do everything in this game for free, but it certainly is not UNFAIR. And I absolutely agree with a previous poster about being creative to get real money to buy FC items. Cut back on the cigs, cable, cell phone, eating out, SHOPPING, snacks, junk food, etc. Get a friend to give you some FC facilities for your birthday. That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free.
I agree, I could not have said it better
And to all the people with the inop. bulldozers THEY ARE WORKING ON FIXING IT.

Started playing Farm Town May 30 2009 been addicted ever since
Old Sep 01 2010, 11:11 PM

Default wohooo

yay thanks for the new facilities

will have to wait till next payday before I can get the chainsaw manure spreader and tree shaker

oh and is there a chance of a 6th farm I need more land please thank you
Closed Thread