Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 14 2020, 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I posted a bonus on my FB and the text came out as gibberish. Is this an FB thing too?

Edited to add: a post from another player is also garbage
Hi Sqrl,
Check your language in your Facebook settings.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 05:53 PM

Thanks, Taz, I will. New computer....
Old Oct 20 2020, 06:10 AM

Okay, this one was entirely down to me, a setting in FB Purity. Heh. Fixed now.
Old Oct 20 2020, 06:24 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Okay, this one was entirely down to me, a setting in FB Purity. Heh. Fixed now.
Hi Sqrl,

Just for information in the future, browser extensions that tend to force something from showing that would normally show in Facebook can cause problems with the game. Facebook Purity is one of the ones we know can cause problems. There is another one which I'm not going to list as there may well be more than one of them, that forces Facebook to the old classic version and that one can also cause issues and can also cause problems with stuck requests or not getting them.

Should you have another strange issue, you now know to look at the setting for those or to turn them off one at a time to locate which one may be causing a problem. Well done for finding it
Old Oct 20 2020, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to kejusa Send a message via MSN to kejusa

Hello Tiger, For several days now on the Special Request Bonus or Facilities no names or faces, even anyone who has loaded my ship(s) or Boost Train(s) - which I can't boost for 3 days now, and then anyone doing facilities is not named either so I haven't a clue who I am helping or who is helping me, Is this a Facebook issue? It is really spoiling the game and I've noticed not as many are working their Farms!
Old Oct 20 2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejusa View Post
Hello Tiger, For several days now on the Special Request Bonus or Facilities no names or faces, even anyone who has loaded my ship(s) or Boost Train(s) - which I can't boost for 3 days now, and then anyone doing facilities is not named either so I haven't a clue who I am helping or who is helping me, Is this a Facebook issue? It is really spoiling the game and I've noticed not as many are working their Farms!
Hi kejusa,

The friends list that is broken is affecting the ability to boost trains as that uses the same type of friends list.

If the friends first names and also their pictures are not showing at all in wall requests or other wall requests then that can be a problem getting that information from Facebook, which can also prevent you being able to see those in the ships as well.

I can see you have already run memcache today, so no need to run it again.

It's possible that the data from Facebook is not getting to your game. If that is the case then that's frustrating as you usually have to wait it out for it to correct and that can also affect your ability to work your friends posts. You won't necessarily know until you try, but if it does happen you will probably see that the names and pictures are also gone from your My Neighbours tab or that their farm stats are all showing zeros.

There's a few things you can do to make sure everything is fine your end. I'll list them in case you want to check if there are any that you have not already tried and want to:
  • Try a different browser and see if you get the same problem there.

• Check that the browsers you are using are up to date and if you have not recently cleared the caches/history that you do that. Now if you don't already have the issues with having to enable flash every time you close and reopen the browser, then updating the browser may well mean that you will have to from then on. Once done please also make sure that your browser still has cookies and popups allowed in case any settings were changed.

• If you have any extensions added to your browser that may change what you see in Facebook normally, revert it from the new version of Facebook to the classic version, or do something like hide adverts, try disabling them, close the browser and reopen it and then check the game and wall requests and see if it corrected.

If you have already tried those and the names and pictures are still not showing then I'm afraid it is a case of waiting for the data issue from Facebook to correct.
Old Oct 20 2020, 12:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to kejusa Send a message via MSN to kejusa

Thank you Tiger, my friends are showing on the Neighbours names & pictures - is it Facebook trying get rid of us do you think lol - it seems like it cos it has got worse over several days now when I do requests I reload the page then I know not to do a 'pink' but it does make the game frustrating - stay safe
Old Oct 20 2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejusa View Post
Thank you Tiger, my friends are showing on the Neighbours names & pictures - is it Facebook trying get rid of us do you think lol - it seems like it cos it has got worse over several days now when I do requests I reload the page then I know not to do a 'pink' but it does make the game frustrating - stay safe
LOL kejusa,

No Facebook are not trying to get rid of us.

Invariably when any developer decides to make improvements or changes for whatever reason to their products, there comes a time where you can only do so much testing with so many users for so long. Then when they think they have covered all bases and it appears to be working great with the testers, it gets released. Sometimes it can be released in batches, sometimes it's rolled out very quickly to everyone. No developer of any product releases anything expecting them to go wrong. Sometimes you just can't predict all the possible scenarios that may happen so if a problem does arise, they have to then find what caused it and why it didn't work for everyone but did work fine for others and then see what can be done to fix it... preferably without breaking something else!

All I can tell you is a Facebook team are assigned to the various problems quite a few games are having as well as Farm Town and are investigating them to see what can be done. They are never in the habit of telling anyone any time frame for what they may be working on, so we just have to wait it out.
Old Oct 20 2020, 07:01 PM

Thanks, Tiger . I will definitely suspect FB Purity first next time!
Old Oct 20 2020, 07:17 PM

When trying to post hire and/or client requests keep getting the attached error message.

Your message couldn't be sent because it includes content that other people on Facebook have reported as abusive.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests