Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #4891  
Old Oct 26 2020, 02:40 PM
Qivis Qivis is offline
 
Join Date: May 14 2012
Posts: 749
Default

I am suddenly having to clear every page of gifts I receive manually because otherwise the same page of gifts repeats over and over. But now Facebook says that the page does not exist and says that the "app does not work for your phone." It is not on the phone and Facebook is notorious for not bothering with answering questions. The page is the games activity page and a search for the answer to where it went list questions about where our personal accounts have gone instead of where the game activity page went. Any other suggestions? It worked fine this morning.
__________________
*****************************************

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Reply With Quote
  #4892  
Old Oct 26 2020, 02:42 PM
Qivis Qivis is offline
 
Join Date: May 14 2012
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi TwylahSkye,
I jsut tried it both from my Facebook home page and from the shortcut link we have and it worked both times. Try this link:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity


You need to clear trains from the train manager, not from the games/activiy.
Activity - Dine venners aktivitet på en tidslinie --- Facebook It isn't even in English when it says the page does not exist and it is calling my 40 pound desktop a phone!
__________________
*****************************************

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Reply With Quote
  #4893  
Old Oct 26 2020, 02:50 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I am suddenly having to clear every page of gifts I receive manually because otherwise the same page of gifts repeats over and over. But now Facebook says that the page does not exist and says that the "app does not work for your phone." It is not on the phone and Facebook is notorious for not bothering with answering questions. The page is the games activity page and a search for the answer to where it went list questions about where our personal accounts have gone instead of where the game activity page went. Any other suggestions? It worked fine this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Activity - Dine venners aktivitet på en tidslinie --- Facebook It isn't even in English when it says the page does not exist and it is calling my 40 pound desktop a phone!
Hi Qivis

This is the link to Activity in Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

I have tried the link and Games in Facebook homepage and both are working for me.

Are you on the new Facebook version or you have added an extension to avoid Facebook new version?
We have reports that if you have that extension you could get that kind of problems.
Reply With Quote
  #4894  
Old Oct 26 2020, 02:57 PM
Qivis Qivis is offline
 
Join Date: May 14 2012
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Qivis

This is the link to Activity in Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

I have tried the link and Games in Facebook homepage and both are working for me.

Are you on the new Facebook version or you have added an extension to avoid Facebook new version?
We have reports that if you have that extension you could get that kind of problems.

As I just indicated it is NOT WORKING. Facebook redirects to a non existing page and then tells me that my full tower computer must be a phone! Great. Now I cannot even look at posts to the main page in order because Facebook dicided its users do not matter anymore.

Edit: Removing FB Purity fixed the problem. The developer of that extension must really be going mad by now. It is developed by an egotistical tyrant who thinks he knows everything so I have blocked his email address because he said that it is my fault that I am disabled.
__________________
*****************************************

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!

Last edited by Qivis; Oct 26 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4895  
Old Oct 26 2020, 03:08 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
As I just indicated it is NOT WORKING. Facebook redirects to a non existing page and then tells me that my full tower computer must be a phone! Great. Now I cannot even look at posts to the main page in order because Facebook dicided its users do not matter anymore.

Edit: Removing FB Purity fixed the problem. The developer of that extension must really be going mad by now. It is developed by an egotistical tyrant who thinks he knows everything so I have blocked his email address because he said that it is my fault that I am disabled.
We have one more extension causing problems to add to our list.

It is always better to check any extension added when this kind of problems happens.
Reply With Quote
  #4896  
Old Oct 27 2020, 05:27 PM
PurpleCharlotte PurpleCharlotte is offline
 
Join Date: May 30 2009
Posts: 4
Default

I really don't want to disable FB Purity. Is there another way around this issue? How do I clear the gifts manually?
Reply With Quote
  #4897  
Old Oct 27 2020, 05:35 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCharlotte View Post
I really don't want to disable FB Purity. Is there another way around this issue? How do I clear the gifts manually?
Hi PurpleCharlotte,
According to another player you can try updating that extension and that may help. If it doesn't then there isn't any other way around the issue. When they write these extensions to block actions from happening they can cause other problems.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #4898  
Old Oct 28 2020, 10:22 AM
PurpleCharlotte PurpleCharlotte is offline
 
Join Date: May 30 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi PurpleCharlotte,
According to another player you can try updating that extension and that may help. If it doesn't then there isn't any other way around the issue. When they write these extensions to block actions from happening they can cause other problems.
Thank Taz, but it was mentioned above that there is a way to clear them out manually. Even if I have to do it in some tedious way, that would be preferable for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4899  
Old Oct 28 2020, 10:29 AM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCharlotte View Post
Thank Taz, but it was mentioned above that there is a way to clear them out manually. Even if I have to do it in some tedious way, that would be preferable for me.
Hi PurpleCharlotte

Taz is not available at this moment.

The only way we know the gifts are removed from your My Requests tab when they are stuck is to go to the Activity link in Facebook and ignore all of them there or one by one.

Now if you cant get the Activity due to the extension you added, then I'm sorry but we dont know another method.

We have a post in our Game Guide explaining what to do in the Activity page
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950
Reply With Quote
  #4900  
Old Nov 05 2020, 01:31 PM
dell466 dell466 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 26 2014
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 51
Default

My request tab is no longer showing gifts or trains to be boosted. I now have to go to the X-out page and accept gifts one at a time. Because of this step, I cannot substitute a different gift and have to accept the item sent. For items that show on a farm, I have to add them and then sell them if I do not want them. Before you tell me to clear my Memcache, I do that constantly. Why have the devs not finished the conversion to non-flash already? All these new and interesting problems are becoming a total nightmare.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.