Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 17 2024, 12:39 AM

Hi I have a question about the farmers' names.
I see on the market that a lot of gamers have the word 'Avatar' in their name. Is there a particular reason for that?
Two of my neighbours also have this word in her name. I asked one of them why she added the word 'Avatar' and she didn't know what I was talking about. She presumed that Slashkey added it.
Who can help me with this question please?
Do they add that themselves or not? And in case yes, why? Is there a reason?
Old Jan 17 2024, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
Hi I have a question about the farmers' names.
I see on the market that a lot of gamers have the word 'Avatar' in their name. Is there a particular reason for that?
Two of my neighbours also have this word in her name. I asked one of them why she added the word 'Avatar' and she didn't know what I was talking about. She presumed that Slashkey added it.
Who can help me with this question please?
Do they add that themselves or not? And in case yes, why? Is there a reason?
Hi Palamarina,

The name Avatar is set by the game if they do not have a name set in the Account tab. There are many users that had a blank Avatar name that caused a few problems within the game, namely gift lists, train lists. So anyone that was had blank name, the game set them to 'Avatar (name)'

This can easily be changed by going to the account tab above the game and input a new one for themselves.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 17 2024, 04:04 AM

Hi Rob, thanks for your answer.
I will let my 2 neighbours know.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi Palamarina,

The name Avatar is set by the game if they do not have a name set in the Account tab. There are many users that had a blank Avatar name that caused a few problems within the game, namely gift lists, train lists. So anyone that was had blank name, the game set them to 'Avatar (name)'

This can easily be changed by going to the account tab above the game and input a new one for themselves.
Old Feb 11 2024, 11:50 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question Cannot link account to Facebook

I am unable to link to Facebook in order to change my picture on my account tab.
Old Feb 11 2024, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
I am unable to link to Facebook in order to change my picture on my account tab.
Hi Kathy,
I moved your post to the thread about this. I just checked and it is Facebook's app that is not working to allow this. I am sorry but there is nothing we can do about. You will have to wait a couple days and try again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 12 2024, 02:34 PM

Level:
XP:
Question Cannot link account to Facebook

I have followed the instructions for updating my account picture from Facebook but I keep getting a message that the app is unavailable. But it is not clear if it is an app in Facebook or Farm Town that is unavailable.
Old Feb 12 2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
I have followed the instructions for updating my account picture from Facebook but I keep getting a message that the app is unavailable. But it is not clear if it is an app in Facebook or Farm Town that is unavailable.
Hi Kathy813

I moved your post to the thread where your first post about this was moved and answered.

We contacted the developers and they have reactivated the links but we have to wait for facebook to restore the access.

Please try again in a couple of days to see if you can change your profile picture.
Old Feb 14 2024, 12:18 PM

Level:
XP:
Default lost my avatar name

I don't know what happened, but I lost my avatar name. It now says Linda avatar. Please change back to Bratuski. Thank You

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 14 2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratuski View Post
I don't know what happened, but I lost my avatar name. It now says Linda avatar. Please change back to Bratuski. Thank You
Hi Bratuski

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

This is a known issue and when a farmer has the avatar name missing, the game automatically use their first name plus Avatar.

You can change it back to the one you want. Please click in Account Tab above the game screen.

Under Profile and in Avatar Name, you can type the name you chose.

Remember to click in Change button and then reload the game to see your avatar with the new name.

You have full information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...18#post6555218
Old Feb 14 2024, 10:15 PM

i do not want the avatar behind my name .just had it mom farmtown changed it mom Glenda that is ok but i do not want avatar behind my name.it want let me delete the word avatar

Tags
avatar appearance, avatar clothes, avatar colors, avatar name, business clothes, change name, clothes, forum name, name change