Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 25 2013, 08:27 PM

Arrow Plowing, Seeding Or Harvesting

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any problems with plowing, planting or harvesting. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 02: Basics The basics about harvesting, plowing and planting is included in this chapter, including how to use the search tool and the eye that appears bottom right of the game screen when using tools after reaching level 10.

Chapter 08: Harvesting Harvesting, wasted crops, and how to sell harvests at market is included in this chapter.

Some Issues And Solutions:

1. Why won't my plots stay plowed or planted? Try Clicking the Disc Icon before leaving any job to save any pending changes. Also, try clearing your browser's cache and macromedia cache files.

Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache.

If they still wont stay plowed or planted, this maybe due to accidental layering. Delete those fields, click the save icon, and refresh the farm. If they come back, repeat the deleting, refreshing, until you have only grass. Then you should be able to plow as normal.

2. How do I get rid of the spaces between my plots? Delete any plots that have spaces on your farm. Go to your preference settings (the wrench icon) and make sure there IS a check mark beside "remove spaces between fields" and then plow.

*If you are having a problem with a specific tool or fuel, please read the top post HERE*

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 04:21 PM.
Old Jan 10 2021, 07:31 AM

Default H/P/S pending changes stop saving

I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem for the last few days when working neighbor farms as SN.
I am on Chat Server: C20, Farm Server: w27

Here is a typical scenario:
I arrive on a field with crops ready to work. I select my yellow harvest-plow-sow tool, select a crop to plant, and begin work. I h/p/s available crops on that field. The Pending Changes to Save button turns red, and shows the number of changes to save. Most times, that number goes down (sometimes it does not, see below), and I then finish any other work on that field (trees, flowers, etc.) and duly work those.

The Pending Changes to Save button is red again with a number in it, which may or may not count down until there are no more changes to save. This is when I know I might have a problem.
If the number of changes to save does not begin to reduce within several seconds, it may just stick there. The only way to recover from this is to leave the game (go back to facebook or click on My Requests), then reload the game, then navigate back to the neighbor's farm, then to the field I was working, and check to see if that work has been saved - and most times I will have to re-work what I had already done a few minutes previously.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumPendingChanges.JPG (35.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by RichmondGuy; Jan 10 2021 at 07:42 AM.
Old Jan 10 2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem for the last few days when working neighbor farms as SN.
I am on Chat Server: C20, Farm Server: w27

Here is a typical scenario:
I arrive on a field with crops ready to work. I select my yellow harvest-plow-sow tool, select a crop to plant, and begin work. I h/p/s available crops on that field. The Pending Changes to Save button turns red, and shows the number of changes to save. Most times, that number goes down (sometimes it does not, see below), and I then finish any other work on that field (trees, flowers, etc.) and duly work those.

The Pending Changes to Save button is red again with a number in it, which may or may not count down until there are no more changes to save. This is when I know I might have a problem.
If the number of changes to save does not begin to reduce within several seconds, it may just stick there. The only way to recover from this is to leave the game (go back to facebook or click on My Requests), then reload the game, then navigate back to the neighbor's farm, then to the field I was working, and check to see if that work has been saved - and most times I will have to re-work what I had already done a few minutes previously.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks...
Hi RichmondGuy

Are you working if full screen? if so then go back to normal screen and see if they save.

You can also tray the suggestions given in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Maybe this is a possible slowdown on the internet somewhere in the many links between you and the Farm Town servers.
Old Jan 10 2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi RichmondGuy

Are you working if full screen? if so then go back to normal screen and see if they save.

You can also tray the suggestions given in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Maybe this is a possible slowdown on the internet somewhere in the many links between you and the Farm Town servers.
Thank you for your reply.
I do not work full screen as I have the large tools.
I checked the flash player settings, cdn.slashkey.com did not appear in the list (I use Chrome, so don't require a standalone flash install, even though I have one).
Storage is set at 1 MB.
Old Jan 10 2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
Thank you for your reply.
I do not work full screen as I have the large tools.
I checked the flash player settings, cdn.slashkey.com did not appear in the list (I use Chrome, so don't require a standalone flash install, even though I have one).
Storage is set at 1 MB.

Did you try all suggestions in the links inside the thread? Please try them and see if they help you with your problem.
Old Jan 10 2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Did you try all suggestions in the links inside the thread? Please try them and see if they help you with your problem.
Yes, I have. I'll be doing more SN work shortly, we'll see how it goes. Thanks again.
Old Jan 11 2021, 03:26 PM

Can we not view the farms that need to be harvested yet. I have not seen that option.
Old Jan 11 2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendreamer View Post
Can we not view the farms that need to be harvested yet. I have not seen that option.

Hi goldendreamer

You can see the information clicking in Show names and then in Show work info button.

But the Farm Stats has not been added to HTML5 version yet.
Old Jan 13 2021, 01:17 PM

Default harvesting, plowing, planting

Hi. I'm enjoying the new version of the game. I ran into a problem just now. I'm working on my farms-harvesting, plowing, planting-and am working on the 7th farm. After I planted the farm, I noticed one field wasn't planted. I got my seeder, but the field didn't show up, so I reloaded the farm and noticed that some of the farm was not harvested. So, I harvested it and plowed, then planted that part again. I noticed that some of the plots are showing as harvested. When I mouse over other plots that are showing 'scallions', they show harvested, then go back to 'scallions'.

The farm that the problem is on is Farm 8. Thanks in advance for your help.

When i went back to look, I noticed that I have scallions under the harvested fields. All I can figure is, when I went back and had some crops that didn't look harvested, they really were harvested? I'll wait until the scallions are ready, harvest them, clear that part & plow it again, if I need to, and everything will be back to normal.

Thanks!

Playing Farm Town since May 12, 2009!

Last edited by Karlene; Jan 13 2021 at 01:25 PM. Reason: I believed I solved my problem. lol
Old Jan 13 2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
Hi. I'm enjoying the new version of the game. I ran into a problem just now. I'm working on my farms-harvesting, plowing, planting-and am working on the 7th farm. After I planted the farm, I noticed one field wasn't planted. I got my seeder, but the field didn't show up, so I reloaded the farm and noticed that some of the farm was not harvested. So, I harvested it and plowed, then planted that part again. I noticed that some of the plots are showing as harvested. When I mouse over other plots that are showing 'scallions', they show harvested, then go back to 'scallions'.

The farm that the problem is on is Farm 8. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Karlene

I visited your farm 8 and it shows some fields plowed, other harvested and other planted. But they appear/disappear while hovering the mouse over them.
You can delete all of them, reload the game and see if any field is showing up again. You have to do that, till only green is showing on your farm. Then you can plow and plant again.

If that is not the problem then please report this issue to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

In case you dont find the automatic response please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Last edited by marymarcel; Jan 13 2021 at 01:31 PM.

Tags
can't plant, can't plow, can't see crops, crop growth times, crops, farm stats, harvest, harvesting, harvesting crops, offline, plant, plow, seeding