Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 19 2020, 03:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Plowing on farm one

Good Morning.
This the third revision of this after doing a little troubleshooting. I have found at least on farm one, I cannot re-plow after deleting plow plots. It only seems to be happening on the far right hand side of farm one. It is not layering because, I was able to on the rest of the farm that was layered and on another farm it did not happen at all. I have tried clearing browser and flash but it did not help. Thanks...Bill B.
Old Mar 19 2020, 06:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Good Morning.
This the third revision of this after doing a little troubleshooting. I have found at least on farm one, I cannot re-plow after deleting plow plots. It only seems to be happening on the far right hand side of farm one. It is not layering because, I was able to on the rest of the farm that was layered and on another farm it did not happen at all. I have tried clearing browser and flash but it did not help. Thanks...Bill B.
Hi Bill,

Let me clarify a little on what problems layering can cause. If you do any kind of layering on any part of a farm, it can cause a problem anywhere on the farm, not just where you might have layered or previously layered, it can affect a part of the farm that has never been layered.

Just because layering worked on a different farm does not mean that you won't ever get problems, even if doing exactly the same thing on another farm. You can get a problem straight away with a very minimal amount of layering, or you may not run into problems until you try to do to much, or you may never see an issue until you make alterations to the farm, as that's when they tend to show up.

Now I took a quick look at some of your farms and it looks like you like to do a considerable amount of layering, so it may be that you have done that or a similar thing on all of them. If that's what you are trying to do on the farms you are having issues plowing on, then I'm sorry but we are limited on what we can help you with, as we are not permitted to post any instructions on how to do it or let anyone else post them.

If you want crops on the problem farms then all I can suggest is you try removing the rest of the layering on just one of the farms with a problem, so there is nothing layered at all on the farm. Then reload then see if it will let you plow the fields all over the farm where there is nothing else in the same spot. If it still won't let you plow the whole farm and there is nothing else there where it won't plow, then please supply a link to that farm and let us know which area it is that you can not plow. Then we can see if at that point we can offer you something to try and correct it while it's only got plowed fields on it.
Old Mar 19 2020, 09:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Plowing on farm one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Bill,

Let me clarify a little on what problems layering can cause. If you do any kind of layering on any part of a farm, it can cause a problem anywhere on the farm, not just where you might have layered or previously layered, it can affect a part of the farm that has never been layered.

Just because layering worked on a different farm does not mean that you won't ever get problems, even if doing exactly the same thing on another farm. You can get a problem straight away with a very minimal amount of layering, or you may not run into problems until you try to do to much, or you may never see an issue until you make alterations to the farm, as that's when they tend to show up.

Now I took a quick look at some of your farms and it looks like you like to do a considerable amount of layering, so it may be that you have done that or a similar thing on all of them. If that's what you are trying to do on the farms you are having issues plowing on, then I'm sorry but we are limited on what we can help you with, as we are not permitted to post any instructions on how to do it or let anyone else post them.

If you want crops on the problem farms then all I can suggest is you try removing the rest of the layering on just one of the farms with a problem, so there is nothing layered at all on the farm. Then reload then see if it will let you plow the fields all over the farm where there is nothing else in the same spot. If it still won't let you plow the whole farm and there is nothing else there where it won't plow, then please supply a link to that farm and let us know which area it is that you can not plow. Then we can see if at that point we can offer you something to try and correct it while it's only got plowed fields on it.
Thanks for all of the information Tiger. Some of that I new, but a lot of it I didn't. I wasn't really looking for info on how to layer or anything like that, I have been doing that for a long time and know the potential dangers. I guess I was just wanting to know if farm corruption can still be caused by layering and if my farm was corrupted.

I will take your suggestions and move some stuff around and see if it helps. I just have a lot vested in the game time, money and the desire to play and help other farmers as much as possible. I know you can tell by the size of my farm(s) I have been playing for a while (enough said about that).

I am not trying to bust chops or be a problem, I was just looking for an answer. I will take your suggestions and go from there.

Thanks again for the long and very informing message.

Have a great day in these troubling times,
Bill B.
Old Mar 19 2020, 09:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Just another question

Quote:
Hi Bill,

Hey Tiger,
I don't want to be a problem user, so please let me know if I am pushing to hard or anything like that.

I took you suggestion and removed some layering and am finding that there are areas of the farm that have nothing else on them and I cannot plow in those areas. I don't need to know what to do, I can figure that out. I just want to know if my farm is now unusable? If there is anyway you can let me know that, it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, one thing. There is a farm town cache I can clear and want to see if that helps, but I don't know the link. Could you please share that with me.

I know this could be solved by removing everything from the farm and starting over, but I am trying to avoid that at all costs. That is the reason for wanting to know if the farm is totally corrupted now.

Thanks again,
Bill B.

Last edited by bbarksda; Mar 19 2020 at 09:45 AM. Reason: need to add some inforation.
Old Mar 19 2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Hey Tiger,
I don't want to be a problem user, so please let me know if I am pushing to hard or anything like that.

I took you suggestion and removed some layering and am finding that there are areas of the farm that have nothing else on them and I cannot plow in those areas. I don't need to know what to do, I can figure that out. I just want to know if my farm is now unusable? If there is anyway you can let me know that, it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, one thing. There is a farm town cache I can clear and want to see if that helps, but I don't know the link. Could you please share that with me.

I know this could be solved by removing everything from the farm and starting over, but I am trying to avoid that at all costs. That is the reason for wanting to know if the farm is totally corrupted now.

Thanks again,
Bill B.

Hi Bill,

From what you are describing this doesn't sound like the normal clearing of browser caches or running of memcache is going to resolve it for you. You're certainly welcome to give that a try if you want.
To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload. If you have cleared the browser as well, when you first load your farms they will load a little slower than normal while it gets a fresh load of all the games graphics.

Now it won't surprise me if that won't correct it all, and there is nothing else you can do yourself because it's likely the data on the farm is corrupted.

We could attempt a data clean of that farm and see if that will resolve it as it does fix a lot of those types of issues, but not always, it's always possible it's too corrupted. Until it's tried you won't know and we may need to run it more than once. However we will not do one without checking the farm for ourselves first, nor will we do one when it's layered as you risk losing everything that is on it.

Then, if you layer it again you could run into the same or more problems again. If a data clean won't fix it you're stuck with it like it is.

If you choose to go ahead with a data clean and you prefer not to share your farm link on the forum you can always ask support to help. They will still need to see the farm and will not do a data clean while it's layered.
Old Mar 20 2020, 01:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Hi Bill,

From what you are describing this doesn't sound like the normal clearing of browser caches or running of memcache is going to resolve it for you. You're certainly welcome to give that a try if you want.
To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload. If you have cleared the browser as well, when you first load your farms they will load a little slower than normal while it gets a fresh load of all the games graphics.

Now it won't surprise me if that won't correct it all, and there is nothing else you can do yourself because it's likely the data on the farm is corrupted.

We could attempt a data clean of that farm and see if that will resolve it as it does fix a lot of those types of issues, but not always, it's always possible it's too corrupted. Until it's tried you won't know and we may need to run it more than once. However we will not do one without checking the farm for ourselves first, nor will we do one when it's layered as you risk losing everything that is on it.

Then, if you layer it again you could run into the same or more problems again. If a data clean won't fix it you're stuck with it like it is.

If you choose to go ahead with a data clean and you prefer not to share your farm link on the forum you can always ask support to help. They will still need to see the farm and will not do a data clean while it's layered.

Hello again Tiger,
Found the problem. Turned on everything and found some items and planted flowers. One of them was the culprit. Anyway, thanks for your help. It led me in the right direction. Stay healthy and have a great weekend.
Thanks again...Bill B.

Last edited by bbarksda; Mar 20 2020 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Fixed problem
Old Mar 20 2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Hello again Tiger,
Found the problem. Turned on everything and found some items and planted flowers. One of them was the culprit. Anyway, thanks for your help. It led me in the right direction. Stay healthy and have a great weekend.
Thanks again...Bill B.
Good to know you're welcome, thanks very much for updating us Bill !
Old Mar 27 2020, 08:27 AM
Account Not Linked

I am having a problem harvesting certain items when they come up to havest. Will not let me use harvester or havesting tool to harvest. I have lost quit a few crops because of this. Happens with the 2 hour crops.
Old Mar 27 2020, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelia55 View Post
I am having a problem harvesting certain items when they come up to havest. Will not let me use harvester or havesting tool to harvest. I have lost quit a few crops because of this. Happens with the 2 hour crops.
Hi Angelia,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

Also add a list of the crops you are not able to harvest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 23 2020, 12:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Returning farmer!

I am a returning farmer. Haven't touched this in years. I can still see my farm, but can't do anything with it. Any suggestions on what I'm missing and how I can get things moving again?

Tags
can not plant, can not seed, can't see crops, cannot plant, cannot plow, crop, crop growth times, crops, farm stats, seeding, stats