Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 26 2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostBlessedNana View Post
I am having he same problem and have done everything I was told also, and shows I can NOT send or receive gifts. Can someone fix this plz? Thank you
Hi MostBlessedNana

Which browser are you using?

There is a problem with the last updates for Chrome browser which gives you and error message when you try to accept gifts from My Requests tab. But there isn't any problems if you send gifts from the Send Gifts Tab.

All the information we have about the Chrome issue is in the following thread:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you are using a different browser, then be sure you have 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed in that browser.
Instructions for some browsers in the following link:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

In case you are using Edge, Internet Explorer or Safari as your browser please read the following information:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Mar 26 2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sundos,
I am sorry you are still having problems with the gifts. I wish we had a magic wand I could wave and fix Chrome for you, but we do not and it isn't something that can be fixed by Slashkey.

You can use Gameroom on your Chromebook because that is an app from Facebook and you should be able to install it on your Chromebook. The person you were quoting as it working in Chrome was incorrect. Gameroom is a separate app that installs on the computer and does not use Chrome except for downloading and installing it from Facebook.
As far as using Microsoft Edge that is a hit or miss as you have no way to set it to allow cookies and pop ups. The browser chooses which ones are allowed and there is no way to change that. There is information about it in the following link:

For the names under your game missing that means that not all the data transferred from Facebook. You should be able to get those back if you closwe and reload your farms. If not then try running the memcache.
PROBLEM SOLVED - SEE Fourth BELOW

First - Gameroom IS NOT available for download for Chrome.
Second - Microsoft Edge WILL let you turn on Adobe Flash.
Third - actually I had just tried ALL of the suggestions of deleting ALL history, clearing browser, clearing memcache, closed browser, restarted computer, tried FarmTown again in Reguest Tab with still Error message, went to facebook GAME ACTIVITY NOT GAMEROOM and tried gifts again with still 2 flashes on a page that I should be there long enough to click on Change Gift or Accept more Gifts but not there long enough to do anything before it goes to my farm page.. and that is when IT DOES NOT HAVE Individual names and just says SOMEONE .. so therefore you are telling me that I have to do that continuously and still have issues of SOMEONE

Fourth - I DID DOWNLOAD GAMEROOM IN MICROSOFT EDGE - IT DOES WORK RIGHT NOW TO ACCEPT MY GIFTS IN FARMTOWN REQUEST TAB and when my farm loads it DOES HAVE NAMES at the bottom instead of "Someone"
So for me, I am glad the game works there for at least that. I might try to play there. Thanks for listening to me whine.

I tried to point out where issues may lie, though again I know nothing as I HAVE ADMITTED. But still farmtown DEVS might look into the 2 times flashing/blinking in 2 different places for accepting gifts. I described a couple of times and someone that knows something might find an answer there?
Old Mar 26 2020, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED - SEE Fourth BELOW

First - Gameroom IS NOT available for download for Chrome.
Second - Microsoft Edge WILL let you turn on Adobe Flash.
Third - actually I had just tried ALL of the suggestions of deleting ALL history, clearing browser, clearing memcache, closed browser, restarted computer, tried FarmTown again in Reguest Tab with still Error message, went to facebook GAME ACTIVITY NOT GAMEROOM and tried gifts again with still 2 flashes on a page that I should be there long enough to click on Change Gift or Accept more Gifts but not there long enough to do anything before it goes to my farm page.. and that is when IT DOES NOT HAVE Individual names and just says SOMEONE .. so therefore you are telling me that I have to do that continuously and still have issues of SOMEONE

Fourth - I DID DOWNLOAD GAMEROOM IN MICROSOFT EDGE - IT DOES WORK RIGHT NOW TO ACCEPT MY GIFTS IN FARMTOWN REQUEST TAB and when my farm loads it DOES HAVE NAMES at the bottom instead of "Someone"
So for me, I am glad the game works there for at least that. I might try to play there. Thanks for listening to me whine.

I tried to point out where issues may lie, though again I know nothing as I HAVE ADMITTED. But still farmtown DEVS might look into the 2 times flashing/blinking in 2 different places for accepting gifts. I described a couple of times and someone that knows something might find an answer there?
Hi Sundos,
I am glad you were able to load Gameroom and get it working.

I am a little confused though as you previously said you could not download any additional browsers on your Chromebook. Did you download Edge on a different computer or on the Chromebook.
The problem is within Chrome and the developers can not do anything about the coding in Chrome. This problem is not effecting any other browsers including Opera which is a Chrome based browser.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 27 2020, 10:02 AM

There was a post a few days back about problems with Chrome browser where gifts could not be exchanged. I responded to this indicating that it is also the same problem with Safari. Is there anything update on this issue. It is still a problem this morning.

Steve
Old Mar 27 2020, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kay View Post
There was a post a few days back about problems with Chrome browser where gifts could not be exchanged. I responded to this indicating that it is also the same problem with Safari. Is there anything update on this issue. It is still a problem this morning.

Steve
Hi Steve,
No there isn't any update on it as there is nothing that Farm Town can do to fix either browser problem. The Safari problem has been like that for a while.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 27 2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sundos,
I am glad you were able to load Gameroom and get it working.

I am a little confused though as you previously said you could not download any additional browsers on your Chromebook. Did you download Edge on a different computer or on the Chromebook.
The problem is within Chrome and the developers can not do anything about the coding in Chrome. This problem is not effecting any other browsers including Opera which is a Chrome based browser.
Hi, yes Edge is on older HP desktop from my Mom since she uses a laptop now.
Thanks Taz
Old Mar 27 2020, 09:40 PM

On Google Chrome my husband cannot accept gifts, "an error has occurred, please try again later" always comes up when he is trying to accept his gifts. We have gone through all the tips to repair this but nothing has worked. This has been happening to him for several weeks now. He has reported it, but not heard from anyone although I just learned he did not include a link to his farm. Here is the link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p..._id=1379410418 Please help as he is getting very disgusted with the game because of this. I sit directly across from him and play on my computer and have no issues. We have the same version of Google Chrome with our settings set the same. The only difference is his farm always pulls Chat Server C20 and Farm Server w22, although it uses these same servers on Opera and it works fine. Mine always pulls Chat Server C19 and Farm Server w27. Many thanks in advance!
Old Mar 27 2020, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Foreman View Post
On Google Chrome my husband cannot accept gifts, "an error has occurred, please try again later" always comes up when he is trying to accept his gifts. We have gone through all the tips to repair this but nothing has worked. This has been happening to him for several weeks now. He has reported it, but not heard from anyone although I just learned he did not include a link to his farm. Here is the link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p..._id=1379410418 Please help as he is getting very disgusted with the game because of this. I sit directly across from him and play on my computer and have no issues. We have the same version of Google Chrome with our settings set the same. The only difference is his farm always pulls Chat Server C20 and Farm Server w22, although it uses these same servers on Opera and it works fine. Mine always pulls Chat Server C19 and Farm Server w27. Many thanks in advance!
Hi Carol,
This is a Chrome problem and it only effects some. All the information we have about the problem and some suggestions to try are in the following link:

I am sorry, but as it stands right now there is nothing the developers can do about this as it seems to be a Chrome problem.

Have you tried letting him log in on your computer to try getting the gifts? And also you log in on his computer and try to collect your gifts.
Old Mar 29 2020, 11:06 AM

Default unable to do anything with requests

I have been unable to do anything with the 50 requests in 'my request' box. I click on the my request tab & it shows the requests but when I try to accept them I get an error saying 'unable to accept at this time'. If I try to exchange an item for a different item the whole thing freezes & the only way to do anything with farm town is to restart it. This has been going on almost a week.
There has been issues for a long time but it usually is only a day or so then everything works.
Old Mar 29 2020, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw View Post
I have been unable to do anything with the 50 requests in 'my request' box. I click on the my request tab & it shows the requests but when I try to accept them I get an error saying 'unable to accept at this time'. If I try to exchange an item for a different item the whole thing freezes & the only way to do anything with farm town is to restart it. This has been going on almost a week.
There has been issues for a long time but it usually is only a day or so then everything works.
Hi dougw,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gift problems.
If you are using Chrome this is a known problem. There is information and suggestions to try in the following link:

If you are using a different browser you need to allow cookies and pop ups in the browser. The following link has instructions on how to do that for the more popular browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari there is information about those in the following link:

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows