Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 08 2011, 11:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the updates and improvements! Purchased all three business clothes and one of the dresses. It did increase my purchase capabilities but, if I want to change the avatar clothes, it show I still have to purchase them. Shouldn't I be able to change to clothes I've already purchased?
Old Dec 08 2011, 11:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Isn't 10 billion coins a lil high???
I also have been playing for 3 years...and that amount is out of reach.
Old Dec 08 2011, 11:12 AM

You guys are GREAT!!!! As usual!!!!
Old Dec 08 2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Agree with you. A question to a web designer - who is the more valuable player to a dev - the newbie or the established player? I would think the dev would hope for both, yet FT seems to be discouraging the more experienced players with more and yet more requests for FC, a commodity no longer available to them as a reward for playing. So, the top players leave, the newbies move up, and so it goes. Is this a good business model?
We still get the FC, but only when new ranks are added. Me personally I would like to see the cap taken off the ranks, so we could more accurately be ranked at where we are in the game. The cute names they give them mean nothing to me as I never see any but the last one anyways. I do not buy anything to decorate my farm, as I have no room for it.

I got bored and almost left the game right before they added the facilities. I think the game needs to keep evolving a bit to keep us old timers interested in it. Meanwhile, newcomers struggle to get all the tools, and land upgrades. There is a balance in there somewhere.
Old Dec 08 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymartindale1955 View Post
Thanks for the updates and improvements! Purchased all three business clothes and one of the dresses. It did increase my purchase capabilities but, if I want to change the avatar clothes, it show I still have to purchase them. Shouldn't I be able to change to clothes I've already purchased?
Actually it should not.

when you first opened the clothes... there was an option to BUY.... that option should be gone now if you paid the FT$$ for the purchase.

To change suits just click your avatar, click Change Appearance, and select your choice of clothes - free if you already paid, and $20 if you have not bought them yet.
Old Dec 08 2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchhhie View Post
7. Hint about which farms have workable facilities: When working on your friends facilities we now show each farm with workable facilities in the farm selector.

I'm thinking that the farm diamond selectors will be your hints. Much the same way as you see when you're hired to harvest/plow/shake/etc.

I kind of thought it was in the diamonds but I looked while I was working a friends farm and nothing seemed different than usual. And I knew which farms she wanted worked cuz she posted the #'s on her request. So I still dont get it .
Old Dec 08 2011, 12:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Am I the only one who thinks the prices for the larger farms are completely ridiculous and unrealistic?????? This is just a game you know. How on earth are we supposed to achieve that? I got so excited when I read that there were new larger farms, something to do at last instead of the usual tedious sowing crops, waiting days and days for them to grow, harvesting, ploughing and then sowing again.

You always seem to penalise the people who can't afford to buy farmcash. Not fair Farmtown people. Just not fair.
Old Dec 08 2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Elizabeth View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the prices for the larger farms are completely ridiculous and unrealistic?????? This is just a game you know. How on earth are we supposed to achieve that? I got so excited when I read that there were new larger farms, something to do at last instead of the usual tedious sowing crops, waiting days and days for them to grow, harvesting, ploughing and then sowing again.

You always seem to penalise the people who can't afford to buy farmcash. Not fair Farmtown people. Just not fair.
I agree with you. And, I don't like hearing that when we say we just can't afford to spend any more real $$ on this game and something should be done that we are whining or that we should just play along at our own pace. The game is not offering rewards to long term players, but allowing buying one's way to the top. It may be a non-competitive game, but without spending real $$ on the tools for all the facilities the game is just too labor intensive. I want to enjoy ALL aspects of the game. But social security is NOT best used buying yet another lot of FC.
Old Dec 08 2011, 12:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Elizabeth View Post

What is ridiculous? I have 2 neighbors who have already bought 1 upgrade to 26x26. I talked to 1 of them last night while working her facilities and she has a second 10 billion banked for farm 13 if and when, so is working on getting more coins.

She does the usual tedious sowing crops, waiting days and days for them to grow, harvesting, ploughing and then sowing again just like we all do. The game adds facilities that while costing more have a higher return on what they make giving more coins to purchase with.

She plays at a higher intense level than I do and a lot of others do but that is how the game goes. We are allowed to play as we want to and the developers don't force us to do in any set wan and only in that set way.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 08 2011, 12:27 PM

Well I for one want to truly thank the developers - I play hard and I play fast - there wasn't much to aim for, for those of us who have over 100million XP and Billions of Coins ... so now - I spent 10 of my billions on one upgrade and I will not be happy until I have all 4 upgrades and so on. Yes it may be hard for some of the newer players to achieve - but like that BIG RED MANSION we all dreamed of reaching and never thought we would - I'm not quitting this game just yet.... I'm a happy bunny - and it gives me an excuse to maybe re-design some of the farms that have been same way since way back ...

Take care and have fun.

Charlie - Player since August 3rd 2009
Over 100m XP and something to spend my billions on - finally!
Closed Thread