Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 03:26 PM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

OH IT'S TOMORROW!!! IT'S TOMORROW!!! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Mine now says 139 markets to go. They have picked up 48 (long one door box car) 51 (long 2 door box car) and 40 (long container) products.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Low Quantity

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
It says 7224 units.
That works out to 1680 x 4 Pigments, 336 Cardstock & 168 Paper Rolls. All this after 7 days. The quantities are far too low to meet requirements. Also all the items available are from Coin facilities (I think), nothing from FC Facilities.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:28 PM

I can't believe we waited patiently and not so patiently for this. I don't need any of this, already have 100k to 200k of this stuff, nor can I afford it. Oh, well, at least I have more trains to decorate my train farms. I don't get the 7 days for the train to deliver the goods, in 7 days I could get all if not more of the products the old fashion way.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:29 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood View Post
Think I will wait until the one train I have dispatched is finished. (in 7 days ( ) then will attempt to get all boxcars on one farm. Am putting them in storage... the ones I coulnd't dispatch for now.
I did the same as you did and I think that is a bad fault. I boughgt the Locomotive and bought one box car and dispatched it. Then I got the other two box cars and I cannot dispatch them, I have to wait 7 days Argh!!! 110FC That's not good enough IMHO
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
What "Boost Feature" are you talking about? I don't see anything in the release notes about any boost.
When you click on Boost Trains in the train status area it says "Coming Soon". Similar to asking people to work on your other facilities.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
This just can't be right. If my Stone Windmill were in storage, I wouldn't be able to load it with the Facilities Manager (would I?). So maybe - does the train load your facility and also store everything? What if - say with the Stone Windmill one - what if I don't have any wheat in storage? What would my Stone Windmill boxcar do then?
the train works similar to the semis you no longer have to load the facs from what i understand like the stone windmill even if you have it in storage you don't have to plant the wheat for it any longer unless you have other facs that need the wheat but not for the windmill . When the train is finished collecting and you click on it to unload or something then i 'm pretty sure it goes into your storage for the other facs to use same as the semi truck.I think this is how it works
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm lost. Right now I only have trains on one farm - so that means I'd either have to put the Oil Refinery, Stone Windmill and Ink & Pigments Factory in storage or on my train farm, right? And if I buy all 3 boxcars, I can still only use one at a time, right? One week for Stone Windmill, one week for Oil Refinery, etc?

But the part I really don't get is - what do they do? Say the Stone Windmill one - does that mean that I load my Stone Windmill like always, then I send my train out so I don't have to use my Facilities Manager to store the flour for 7 days? What if my neighbors work my facilites so much that all the flour is processed before the 7 days is up. Is the train still out for 7 days? Using the "Store All" button is so easy - I can't imagine why I'd want my train to do that for me, so I'm thinking I must be missing something. Can someone explain?

I also don't like that once you send a train out, it becomes semi-transparent. Being able to design my farms to look a certain way is most of why I love this game and I think a semi-transparent boxcar is going to make me nuts. Is it possible to have a different way to display this?
Susan, you can buy and place the car on the farm with the facility where ever it is. Then put the car into storage and move it to your train farm. No need to move your facilities. If you buy all 3 cars you can use all 3 at the same time on the same train. You just cannot use 2 of the same.
The train is independent of your facility production and provides additional product. You can still fill your facility and neighbors work it and the train has nothing to do with that. What you get from the train is additional product if you can't make enough. And the train has nothing to do with your Store All button.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
When you click on Boost Trains in the train status area it says "Coming Soon". Similar to asking people to work on your other facilities.
Oh ok...missed that...
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:36 PM

Well for the first time I have to say I'm sorely disappointed, despite buying the FC, I will not be spending it on Freight Trains, all of the things they bring we have in plentiful supply .... We are short on Wool, Milk, Eggs, Meat, Chicken and Sugar ... even stuff for the metal mills can be difficult despite having those on every farm .... Is it known if these things will be available using Freight in the future?

I'm sorry guys but I'm passing this one up ... looking forward to the new facilities (which I now have plenty of FC to buy) and the new crops.

Happy Farming

Take Care and Have fun

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...406&farm_ix=12

Level 385 : Player Since August 3rd 2009

Charlie
Closed Thread