Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29 2012, 10:30 PM

Still not clear on how the train boost works. I sent an invite to a few neighbors and haven't got any response and don't see status where the notifications of them working facilities are. How are the invites presented, how long are they good for, do they expire, are they posted on wall or show up in our gift request, are they only good if we are online, how would I know if I got one from a neighbor? Questions, Questions, I have questions...
Old Nov 29 2012, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
Still not clear on how the train boost works. I sent an invite to a few neighbors and haven't got any response and don't see status where the notifications of them working facilities are. How are the invites presented, how long are they good for, do they expire, are they posted on wall or show up in our gift request, are they only good if we are online, how would I know if I got one from a neighbor? Questions, Questions, I have questions...
They show up in with the gifts, but have to be done from the My Requests tab and not through the App Center. Seems they don't work through the App Center. When someone clicks on one you sent then they will get products and you will see "Name accelerated your train" in the Activity Log under your farm.
The only way you will know you got a Boost request from a neighbor is to check your gifts in the My Requests tab. You will see a train engine as the picture of the item.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 29 2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
They show up in with the gifts, but have to be done from the My Requests tab and not through the App Center. Seems they don't work through the App Center. When someone clicks on one you sent then they will get products and you will see "Name accelerated your train" in the Activity Log under your farm.
The only way you will know you got a Boost request from a neighbor is to check your gifts in the My Requests tab. You will see a train engine as the picture of the item.
Taz, I don't have the working trains, but I got two request from my neighbors on my request page, I clicked to help them, It said I go x amount of products, does my end go in the gift box or my storage. I checked my give box after but not there, and no way to tell if it goes to my storage. Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 30 2012, 12:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubes View Post
Taz, I don't have the working trains, but I got two request from my neighbors on my request page, I clicked to help them, It said I go x amount of products, does my end go in the gift box or my storage. I checked my give box after but not there, and no way to tell if it goes to my storage. Thanks for any help.
The items that you get from working others trains should go into your storage, but unlike factories, with the trains you only get like 1 or 2 percent of what the train is carrying.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 30 2012, 12:05 AM

Storage collects all train items
Old Nov 30 2012, 01:34 AM

There seems to be an error with the Boost of trains this morning, I clicked on several, all of which said expired - I've only been away 12 hours and thought oh I missed out on those as they have had enough clicks - however, a neighbour has just sent me a fresh request for hers - just dispatched the train a few minutes ago - and it said the request had expired.

Any thoughts?

Happy Farming

Take Care and Have fun

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...406&farm_ix=12

Level 385 : Player Since August 3rd 2009

Charlie
Old Nov 30 2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
There seems to be an error with the Boost of trains this morning, I clicked on several, all of which said expired - I've only been away 12 hours and thought oh I missed out on those as they have had enough clicks - however, a neighbour has just sent me a fresh request for hers - just dispatched the train a few minutes ago - and it said the request had expired.

Any thoughts?
Just my thought - are you using the "My Requests" tab on the game screen or are you going through FB? It doesnt work through Facebook for some reason.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 30 2012, 03:54 AM

OK i want to retract my comment earlier about a great fix. Well I cannot work fac at all but only clients. I just tried to work a neighbours fac that i ahd not worked for 24hrs and that mayor said opps you have already worked them. Now this problem has only happened since i dispatched my train this morning and also sent out requests for others to help. SO PLEASE GET THIS BUG FIXED. ty not a happy farmer at the moment
Old Nov 30 2012, 04:01 AM

I have helped heaps of people with their train boost requests but now cannot work their facilities, some of these I haven't worked for months or ever, but since the boost the Mayor says Oops to me too, it is a glitch I hardly work facs but had time on my hands for a change.
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17
Old Nov 30 2012, 06:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok , I 'missed' when the train boost first started , I was reading about the new release here on the forum yesterday , saw where it had started , went straight to my farm ,, found I had forgotten to dispatch it out last time I unloaded (I like to leave FT, clean my cache and then come back in to dispatch)....

I sent it out and then sent out the boost requests.

I just checked my train status and it says > x goods and 6 more days ... I can see where 10 neighbors 'boosted' my train .... a normal dispatch is 7 days

If 10 neighbors helped , shouldn't it be less days ?? What am I missing , I figured with 10 helpers it would be at somewhere around 3 to 2 days due ..

OK , never mind ,, lol I went to the 1st page to read the updates and saw the 2 hour increments information .. nothing like reading the instructions duh !

I appreciate all the hard work the developers do ,, my only 'sugestion' is to move the people off the gift list to the store ,, no need to have them in a seperate area imo ..

Last edited by Tuckertbnc; Nov 30 2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: found my own answer
Closed Thread