Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
I had the same prob. Hired neighbor to harvest flowers.. tried both ways, multiple and regular, had her come to my farm, I went to hers, we both went to the market so I could try to hire her from there but we could not see each other after several tries, and verifying that we had both gone to the market for hiring.
If you go to market and want your friend to join you in that market place - send them a 'come join me' request and you end up in the same market

Happy Farming

Take Care and Have fun

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...406&farm_ix=12

Level 385 : Player Since August 3rd 2009

Charlie
Old Dec 25 2012, 11:52 AM

I have a few water falls and stacked waters on my farms and was just told that workers cannot collect a bonus because they have to reload the farm to get all the fish. I guess this wouldn't be an issue if they had the turbo boat.
Old Dec 25 2012, 12:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
If you go to market and want your friend to join you in that market place - send them a 'come join me' request and you end up in the same market
TY! We were in the same market... no confusion there... just could not see each other, but I appreciate that you took the time to respond!
Old Dec 25 2012, 12:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

About the Bonuses.... I think we all should stop complaining about getting paid for a partial job. When you are hired and you complete one aspect of the job, you are finished that job on that farm. If you forget to get the bonus, it is gone. I don't see why people are offended because we get a bonus for finishing a crop on one farm. Sometimes I get kicked off a farm, or I leave because it takes me 4 minutes just to load the farm before I can get to work. Then the 'farmer' has tabbed crops and my computer slows down so much that it is not worth my time to stick around. I WOULD NEVER leave a farm if it was working like it should. Some tabbed farms are good once you wait the 4 minutes for it to load, but others take forever to do anything on. I am frustrated with these people and wonder how they themselves work on their farms when that have a ridiculous amount of tabbing and overlapping!!!. I think if we keep complaining about some people getting things for free, they will just take it away from us. Try just accepting things as they are. It would REALLY frustrate me if I was working a bunch of farms and they got kicked off because the farmer has his stuff overlapped and tabbed, only to lose my bonus too!!!

I feel better now... thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent a bit!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2012, 12:34 PM

Level:
XP:

ckerider - I'm just back after a long absence from the game, and i didn't understand what was going on at the farm I was working - when you referenced "tabbing and overlapping" - that's what it was! The farm just looked different, and the job was impossible to finish because of the layers of crops and flowers on top of each other. (all of which you couldn't even SEE without hiding trees) And the graphics got all choppy when i scrolled from one section to the next.
I have no idea how to stack crops on top of each other, or if overlapping and stacking are the same thing. But when it's done to an extreme, it makes working the farm **** near impossible.

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 25 2012, 01:26 PM

Level:
XP:

Hey Daisy...thanks for answering me. I really don't know how they do it, but I know it takes a lot of time for them to set up the tabs (some have 9 to each square!!). If you should be able to work one of these overlapped/tabbed farms, you do get a lot of moola, but it is NOT WORTH IT! I have 17 farms and do not do any of that stuff, and somehow I manage to fill of all my facilities and post to get the work done everyday. I simply don't get why they need so many trees and flowers and crops be able just to do their farming on a daily basis. I have decided that I won't work these farms, but there is no sense to me of saying to these people WHY I AM QUITTING! I just simply leave and try find a regular farmer just have some fun with their farms.

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 25 2012, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
TY! We were in the same market... no confusion there... just could not see each other, but I appreciate that you took the time to respond!
If the two of you are not on the same server then you would not see each other in the market. When you go to the market you go to the market on the server you are on. By using the Join then your friend will come to the same server market you are on.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 25 2012, 03:50 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
to my understanding, reading the notes re the hire STRANGERS ...it does not work if they are your friends, buddies, or neighbours...they must be strangers!! and have found that if hired to pick flowers, then they must hire for all for the tool box to open...have had not problems if hired to harvest and plow, its the other jobs, flower picking, tree chopping, fishing that we seem unable to access our big tools for..also noticed that I have had to click on the treasure chest as soon as a job is completed, before putting down the tool and picking up a new one...

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 25 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Storage ... crops disappearing
I have been concerned about shortages in my storage. Sometimes items that I harvested same numbers ... one item would run out while the other still had thousands. I just harvested the my orange lily 2986 and carnations 2987 in storage after harvest. I unloaded my train which was on the same farm. I reloaded farmtown and my orange lily count was 2365 and the carnations were down to 2366. I did not load any facilities or do any thing else, yet lost hundreds of flowers... Myself and other neighbors are noticing seemingly random shortages... this is one instance where I was able to know exactly what happened... Is anyone aware/working on this storage issue?
It's old advice that we hand out because it usually works, but clearing your memcache may make the missing flowers reappear. (It's also possible that it may not, as the carnation count may have been wrong (too high) before and the game simply displayed the correct figure when you reloaded.)

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Dec 25 2012, 05:55 PM

Default level

I seem to been stuck on level 385, I been on this level for a week,I play twice my points move on but not my level, can any one help
trev
Closed Thread