Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 12 2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliacarr View Post
Is definitely Adobe Flash and/or Chrome. Switched to Firefox and everything back to normal. Hope Adobe finds a fix/patch soon though b/c Chrome is my preferred browser (so much faster and less glitches than Firefox).
You can do it in Chrome too, I did its just a little more work. You have to go in Under the Hood and drill down to the plug in section or just time Chrome\plugins in the address bar and disable Adobe Flash. There is an Uninstall Flash available at Adobe and as stated above you can get the previous version. Once you have uninstalled and installed the previous version go back in and you can Enable the previous version of Flash. Both versions are actually listed in mine and I have .35 disabled and .34 enabled and it works fine. The uninstall and install will actually fix all browsers that have been effected by the .35 update.
Old Aug 12 2011, 10:46 PM

i have not had a issu yet on my browser srware iron. i am happy about it
Old Aug 12 2011, 10:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Are you kidding??? We don't want nor do we need quests. That is a Zynga scam as in FarmVille and CityVille, so go play them and you will get all the quests you will ever want. This game is a realistic, business oriented game, that is like running a real farming venture. The only thing that these Dev's have done so far to take it away from that is the stupid "Zynga-like" crop mastery thingy. The ONLY thing it has done for us, is throws continuous popups in our face while we are working on our farms. How RUDE is that. But anyway, this is the absolute BEST game on FaceBook today, and doesn't need and of the BS that Zynga is known for put into it.

GO PLAY FARMVILLE!!
First all games on fb have quest not just Zynga games. Second I personally would like to see some quest added to the game. It gives people new things to do and more xps and coins. Now there is a way for FT to add quest without them being one on top of the other and having to request 50,000 things from your friends to finish them. There is a very happy medium that can make everyone happy and probably grow the number of players in this game. This game is losing players left and right and I think a big part of that is nothing new to do in the game. Two new regular facilities and 2 new service facilities once a month is not cutting it anymore. There are only so many crops you can grow and places to put things. There is a zynga game I play that had they not added the quest/goals to the game I probably would have stopped playing a year ago because it was getting old doing the same thing all the time. Even tho I get frustrated with the number of things going on at one time in that game sometimes I still play the game. We do need something new to change the game up a little bit. Again all games on fb have some type of quest or goals and most have way more players then FT, makes you wonder if the constant stream of new quest/goals has something to do with it. There have been many things people have said no do not add them to the game they are too much like Zynga but when FT added them they where done in a much better way then Zynga did them. Now the belts while a good idea was not completely thought out and missed the mark but they are still a good thing to have in the game because of the extra crops.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 13 2011, 12:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Are you kidding??? We don't want nor do we need quests. That is a Zynga scam as in FarmVille and CityVille, so go play them and you will get all the quests you will ever want. This game is a realistic, business oriented game, that is like running a real farming venture. The only thing that these Dev's have done so far to take it away from that is the stupid "Zynga-like" crop mastery thingy. The ONLY thing it has done for us, is throws continuous popups in our face while we are working on our farms. How RUDE is that. But anyway, this is the absolute BEST game on FaceBook today....
I agree about the quests...but the bonuses are a godsend!! It is a way to get more crops if you run out...or fruit or whatever! I love it! I do my best to rotate crops and keep track of things, but sometimes I still run out...it is so nice to go and get extra wheat or sunflowers or onions, since they are not quick crops. The same for the asking for ingredients...nice neighbors send things you are out of, and they get what they may be out of. I get frustrated with those few neighbors who don't use them...cuts down on my "goodies"...
Old Aug 13 2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susme48 View Post
I agree about the quests...but the bonuses are a godsend!! It is a way to get more crops if you run out...or fruit or whatever! I love it! I do my best to rotate crops and keep track of things, but sometimes I still run out...it is so nice to go and get extra wheat or sunflowers or onions, since they are not quick crops. The same for the asking for ingredients...nice neighbors send things you are out of, and they get what they may be out of. I get frustrated with those few neighbors who don't use them...cuts down on my "goodies"...
totally agree with you!
and no NO GUEST OR GOALS!!!!!!!! they are annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HATE TO DO THAT!. please developers no quests please the game is just fine like this all the games with quests i dont play or dont play much because of that. most of the times they are impossible to do! and it brings more frustration. dont like that.
i like to play how i want, not to play how a quest wants me to play. i like my freedom.
Old Aug 13 2011, 02:53 AM

if you want to add something new, add then mini games like gem swap and as a price some extra ingedrients, crops, money or xp. then you dont have to play it. but only when you feel like it. i know games who have that. like happy pets,farmandia. you can earn money or items with it.
Old Aug 13 2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with the gift exchange.
Removing and re-installing the new version will not fix the the vertical text because it is the new version of Adobe Flash causing this problem.
This is what the moderators are explaining about this:
The issues people are experiencing with some browsers are due to a recent update release of Adobe flash player. Until Adobe releases a new version or a fix, there are a few few things you can try if you choose..........

Use another browser.

If you're using another browser besides Chrome.. and have already updated flash, then you can uninstall flash, and install an older version of flash instead, they are still available on the adobe website, a google search should bring those up easily enough.

If you really cant bear to use another browser and the only issue that is irritating you is the display of words when hovering over an item like, the sea coasts or crops, try this......

Hover your mouse on the crop/ tree/water that you want to see the information for ( e.g percentage of growth or how many fish in the water). Zoom in with the wheel just one click. This usually brings the proper display into view. The trick is to NOT move the mouse while you do it. As soon as the mouse moves, it goes back to the vertical display.
I am now on firefox and have the same problems.
Old Aug 13 2011, 05:20 AM
Account Not Linked

I just went to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ and in the lower right hand corner of the page is flash player 11 (beta). I uninstalled the old flash player in add/remove programs in the control panel and then installed this one and the vertical display problem is solved. I use IE8.
Old Aug 13 2011, 08:42 AM
Account Not Linked

Can anyone help me with the writing on my farms? The text has disappeared and is now vertical instead of horizontal. I don't even know if this is the right page to comment about it on but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated page to it so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. It causes problems when I hover over my animal sheds so I don't know if they are ready for milking/shearing etc. And when I hover over my crops I can't see if they're ready. What's going on? Please help.
Old Aug 13 2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Elizabeth View Post
Can anyone help me with the writing on my farms? The text has disappeared and is now vertical instead of horizontal. I don't even know if this is the right page to comment about it on but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated page to it so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. It causes problems when I hover over my animal sheds so I don't know if they are ready for milking/shearing etc. And when I hover over my crops I can't see if they're ready. What's going on? Please help.
Hi, this problem is affecting a lot of us at the moment. It is a problem with the latest adobe flash player. You can try hovering the mouse over the building and zooming in one click , that sometime makes the writing appear
Closed Thread