Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 13 2011, 09:10 AM

Jas0643 has some very good points. I too see a lot of my neighbors not playing anymore and these are level 200+ players in some cases. Months ago I was asked to work on 5+ farms each night by my neighbors. The number of newer players seems to be steady. I love FT and enjoy the game as a release from all the pressure of my job and life in general. I buy a lot of FC because I can afford it and I appreciate the game developers efforts. I actually look forward to coming home and farming. And im very thankful for this creation. I spend a couple hours a night keeping things up on my farms.

That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.
Old Aug 13 2011, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to truckie547 Send a message via Yahoo to truckie547
Smile Update

Ain't it about time for an UPDATE farm 11 and more levels ? LOL
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:08 AM

my vote is no quests. I would like games to get something extra though. i quit all the other games because i didn't want my begging all over my fb page. I do have a question I think I read that it takes as long for a crop to wither as it does to grow is this correct? We will be going on vacation and I was planning on planting 4 day crops as we will be back in 5-6 days not sure if we will have wifi but don't think so.
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:16 AM

I may be nuts but this morning I discovered that it all depends on where you have your farms (How close or how far with the + or - keys) as ti weather you have the 3 letters vertical or full information on crops fish etc. Like I said I may b nuts but check it out bring it inn with the + or - keys at a certain point the full discription appears and stays hope this works for you all and you can move around on the farm and it stays

Last edited by slimpat; Aug 13 2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post

That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.

Bring it on !!

I have enough coin to buy 4, maybe 5 more farms right now..... and if I tried, I could make about $2-3 Billion each month

but I prefer re-designing, buying stuff (not just facilities and plants) and "playin' around" with the game along with the plant/harvest/plow etc.

And I have discovered that I am a bit of a "hoarder' too... duh. I try to maintain a large (!) inventory of whatever I need.... like 50,000 of some things, and 100,000 of others ... hehehehehe

now, back to your idea.... I vote for releasing multiple farms to higher levels.

Level 235 gets 1 farm
Level 275 gets 2 farms
Level 325 gets 3 farms.....

and with a decent release of new levels requiring lots of points to attain, well... some will get the multiple farms, others will get them in short order.

Old Aug 13 2011, 12:29 PM

now, back to your idea.... I vote for releasing multiple farms to higher levels.

Level 235 gets 1 farm
Level 275 gets 2 farms
Level 325 gets 3 farms.....

and with a decent release of new levels requiring lots of points to attain, well... some will get the multiple farms, others will get them in short order.

Right On, Lets go, Go, GO!!!!
Old Aug 13 2011, 12:38 PM

Default issues with storing from facilities

I am having issues with storing items from my facilities... I hit the store all on each facility and when I go back, the items are still there...is anyone else having this issue??? Thanks so much
Old Aug 13 2011, 01:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
my vote is no quests. I would like games to get something extra though. i quit all the other games because i didn't want my begging all over my fb page. I do have a question I think I read that it takes as long for a crop to wither as it does to grow is this correct? We will be going on vacation and I was planning on planting 4 day crops as we will be back in 5-6 days not sure if we will have wifi but don't think so.
First on the crops. A farm town day is 20 hours not 24 hours so a four day crop will go to wast in 160 hours or 6.667 24 hour days. If you are gone 5 days you are fine if you are gone 6 days it will be cutting it close. Now if you have the acorn squash unlocked that is a 5 day crop and it will last 200 hours or 8.33 days. If the acorn squash is not unlocked you can take your changes with the 4 day crops if you make it home in time you have the 4 days crops for the facilities if not just plow over them and plant something else.

Now on the quest there are ways of doing them without posting 10,000 things to your walls. This is where the happy medium comes in. There can be quest that say grow x crop y times. Tend 10 neighbors farms. Get hired 4 times by neighbors or in the mp. Produce x products in facilities. We can have goals where we add neighbors to help us that way if we don't have the needed facility and they do they can produce that product for us. The quest/goals can have some asking for things from people but that does not mean it will be the way Zynga does it which is you have to request 1,000 things to finish the goal and good luck getting it done. There are ways to do things that add to the game without going the zynga route. When people where asking for harvestable animals and to put them in buildings everyone said the same thing no that is too much like farmville but when ft added those options it was done in a much better way then the way zynga did them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 13 2011, 07:22 PM

evening!

I would just like to tell you that I do like the idea of being able to sort crops when planting from least to highest, but would there be a way of seeing the actual amount? Like you see in storage.
As for quests, not sure I would like that... that is why I hardly play all the other games because there is so much of this and that... send this send that... I like this game because I can do my stuff and interact with my neighbors.. without the quests..
Old Aug 13 2011, 07:35 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippilotta444 View Post
evening!

I would just like to tell you that I do like the idea of being able to sort crops when planting from least to highest, but would there be a way of seeing the actual amount? Like you see in storage.
As for quests, not sure I would like that... that is why I hardly play all the other games because there is so much of this and that... send this send that... I like this game because I can do my stuff and interact with my neighbors.. without the quests..
Hello,
With the seed filter set to "stored amount" just hover your mouse over the picture of the seed, it will tell you how many you have.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread