Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 13 2011, 09:16 PM

if quests are added i am one that won't participate. that's the reason i quit zynga. i know my friends can block the posts asking for items but most don't know about hiding games. i think it's kind of intrusive to them to clog up the walls with request posts. i find it annoying but i blocked them so i don't have to scroll thru a million requests on my wall to just read updates from all my fb friends. that is the reason i came back to FT. i like that it's a bit more low key. i can interact with my neighbors when they are on their farms and when i don't have farming time i don't have to be concerned with it either. i do have most of my neighbors that no longer play FT move on to other games. so although i have a lot of neighbors, very few actually participate in the game anymore. it is a challenge to get my facilities worked on sometimes. but, i love the game. with there were more levels. i've been at the top for awhile. when they add new ones i'm already at the new highest. maybe if it was done more often there would be that challenge of achieving new goals for those of us peaked out.
Old Aug 13 2011, 09:55 PM

hmm switching servers today im normaly on W34, now on W10.. it feels early (only 17 days) but maybe update in the works, but more than likely something to do with with the flash player issues?

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 13 2011, 09:56 PM

Ah the heck with quest, just bring on farm 11, I need to plant and all my fields are full...
Old Aug 13 2011, 09:59 PM

im also not a fan of quests.. i hate having to beg for things on my wall, which was why i gave away yoville, the only zynga game i really enjoyed. the belts are enough of a challenge for now, and they certainly take enough room up on our walls already...

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 13 2011, 10:23 PM

bring on farm 11 and upgrades need the fc
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
I dont think this is related to flash, because i have the latest version of flash (v10.3) and use firefox (v3.6), and play this game thru myspace.
I've never seen the words go vertical etc like ppl are talking about.
The problem must be related to another browser or the fact they play on facebook, cause my latest flash version doesnt do any of that stuff
Nope, it's definitely the update. Mine was working fine last night and this morning I installed the Flash update and the words went vertical. So I restored my system back to yesterday and everything fine now. Has to be the update.
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
Actually next update will bring us farm 11. Then one day it will be farm 12 and so on. That will enable us to produce more and to recieve more xp. But that`s it. Would be nice if some little quest would be implemented in the game and when fulfilling the quest you recieve something unique which you cannot buy and recieve as gift. This games get boring without any change. So far, all we do is seeding, harvesting and put things in our facilities or selling services and that`s all. Come on devellopers the facilities were once a good and new idea. Please bring up a newer idea. Little quests with a bonus afterwards would change the odd daily farming. I mean the 1001 new factory is nothing new...
I am not in favor of the quests at all. This is why I quit Mafia, Pirates and Vampires. As it is they have added the "Get Bonus" and "Send Ingredients" to clutter up our walls ... which is not entirely a bad thing since we get stuff too ... they just need to remove the limit on it.

I don't post them unless it is something I really need, because I have figured out if enough people click on the ones I post, that goes to my 12-hour limit and then I can't receive a bonus from clicking on something someone has posted that I really need.
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post
Nope, it's definitely the update. Mine was working fine last night and this morning I installed the Flash update and the words went vertical. So I restored my system back to yesterday and everything fine now. Has to be the update.
The vertical text was because you installed the new version of flash. Flash's latest version has caused that problem the only fix for now it to go back to an older version or wait for flash to fix it. What you did by going back is what fixed it, it is not anything ft has done to the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
The vertical text was because you installed the new version of flash. Flash's latest version has caused that problem the only fix for now it to go back to an older version or wait for flash to fix it. What you did by going back is what fixed it, it is not anything ft has done to the game.
Yes, I know that ... that is what I said . . . it is definitely the update (the Adobe update). And it was easier and faster for me to restore my system to before the installation of the update than to uninstall and reinstall Flash.

Last edited by peachy51; Aug 13 2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: add clarification
Old Aug 14 2011, 12:48 AM

Default Quests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
Jas0643 has some very good points. I too see a lot of my neighbors not playing anymore and these are level 200+ players in some cases. Months ago I was asked to work on 5+ farms each night by my neighbors. The number of newer players seems to be steady. I love FT and enjoy the game as a release from all the pressure of my job and life in general. I buy a lot of FC because I can afford it and I appreciate the game developers efforts. I actually look forward to coming home and farming. And im very thankful for this creation. I spend a couple hours a night keeping things up on my farms.

That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.
NO NO NO Quests whatsoever...I for one will quit and I have spent over 6 or 700 bucks in a year and a half and have all the facilities in multiples just to let you know I have loved the game. I quit cafe world and farmville for the same reasons. It doesn't work to depend on someone else for your own success at gaining anything in a game, and depend is the key word or held back because you don't participate in a certain quest UH UH NOPE. Bonus and send ingredients are fine cuz you're not obliged to do it and u can take it or leave it but Quests will make many many players disappear....I guarantee it.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4233&farm_ix=0

The wave rolls in and rolls back out. Stand strong.
Closed Thread