Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 14 2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
I only hire 1 neighbor to do my entire farm. Why hire 6 ppl so that all 6 make like 50 bucks? Screw that. It's not worth working a job if you have to share it with 3 or 4 other ppl.

I'm not in THAT big of a stinkin hurry that I need 1/2 of farmtown to work my farm.
I don't mind working with 2 or 3 other ppl on a large job as long as everyone can mind their manners. What I don't like are ppl who have to step all over me while I'm trying to work. More than once I've gone to my own little corner to harvest or plow and someone will come up right on top of me to harvest or plow when it's not necessary. I'll more to a different corner and they follow me. Or I'll realize that I'm going across the field and the other person is going up and down, so I'll switch to up and down so we're not in each other's way and then they switch to across.

I've had situations like that that I've just quit, thanked the farmer and left. Not worth my time or my aggravation.

Worked with a lady today, though, that was so nice I added her to my buddy list for my large crop of sugar cane due later in the day.
Old Apr 15 2010, 09:29 AM

I put this in the hiring practices thread, because it's kind of about hiring...sorry if it's the wrong place.

But when you post the wall thing about work being available in your facilities, do you get any kind of notification when someone actually works in your facilities? Either you don't get notified, or my neighbors aren't very helpful. I've posted a couple of times and never know whether someone has actually worked or not.
Old Apr 15 2010, 12:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbrown2000 View Post
I put this in the hiring practices thread, because it's kind of about hiring...sorry if it's the wrong place.

But when you post the wall thing about work being available in your facilities, do you get any kind of notification when someone actually works in your facilities? Either you don't get notified, or my neighbors aren't very helpful. I've posted a couple of times and never know whether someone has actually worked or not.
If you are logged into farm town at the time you will see JAS worked in your chocolate factory, like you do when someone harvest a crop for you. Other then that you get no official notice. Some of my friends will click the like button on the wall post or make a comment so I know they worked in the facilities. I can see where it might be nice to get a notice but I don't want any more pop ups or messages sent to me. Now something you could suggest in the Feedback and Suggestion section is an option for people to receive emails when a person works in a facility. That way the people that might like to have them can get them but people like me can opt not to receive the emails.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 15 2010, 02:50 PM

Good idea! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Now something you could suggest in the Feedback and Suggestion section is an option for people to receive emails when a person works in a facility. That way the people that might like to have them can get them but people like me can opt not to receive the emails.
Old Apr 20 2010, 09:19 PM

When can you plow? do you have to be at a certain level or have a certain amount of neighbors
Old Apr 24 2010, 04:09 PM

Default Here is an idea

I posted this on another thread, but I think this would be a good idea and wanted to share it with others. It seems lately there are more and more players who bail out of a job before it is done, leaving crops and or plowing not finished. Some just leave a few squares, other players leave a LOT. Some bail out before they even start if they dont like what you have to pick.

I think it would be great to add a pop up item to rate the employee after the employee leaves. Having a numerical rating beside the players ID would be good for players who go to the marketplace to hire someone. This way you would know what your getting, and when hiring a lower rated hire, you could hire an extra worker to make sure the job is done correctly. Also, this would discourage those players who tend to accept a job and then bail out early.

Some peeps post that they want to work alone. I dont mind hiring someone who does good work and wait for them to finish. All to often these days though players bail out on you.
Old Apr 24 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
I posted this on another thread, but I think this would be a good idea and wanted to share it with others. It seems lately there are more and more players who bail out of a job before it is done, leaving crops and or plowing not finished. Some just leave a few squares, other players leave a LOT. Some bail out before they even start if they dont like what you have to pick.

I think it would be great to add a pop up item to rate the employee after the employee leaves. Having a numerical rating beside the players ID would be good for players who go to the marketplace to hire someone. This way you would know what your getting, and when hiring a lower rated hire, you could hire an extra worker to make sure the job is done correctly. Also, this would discourage those players who tend to accept a job and then bail out early.

Some peeps post that they want to work alone. I dont mind hiring someone who does good work and wait for them to finish. All to often these days though players bail out on you.
I think it would be an unfair process. How do you know if the person has left on there on own steam and not just been timed out or disconnected by the server? They have no way back to your farm so rating really would not be fair as some farmers could be rated low when it was really not there fault.
Old Apr 24 2010, 04:50 PM

I don't hire any greedy person who only wants to work alone. If that happens by accident, I sure as heck will make sure that they have company.
Old Apr 24 2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:

I agree and disagree. There are lots of ppl who have connection issues. I had a really good worker yesterday who did. Fortunately she told me before she got dc'd and I buddied her so she could make her way back. Which she did and finished the job. Then right after her the guy I hired to plow came in, plowed three plots and left without a word. I don't know if he got dc'd or just left. (Although I suspect he just left.) It'd be a tough call to rate an employee due to the dc issues, but at the same time I know there are ppl who decide they don't like the job once they get there and leave.
Old Apr 24 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:

This is a good idea! But about those who leave job before done, problem might be in the game: few times happened when i plowed my neighbours farm that when I reloaded game and came back to her farm i saw few unplowed areas which I was sure i plowed, so what I want to say, not always are workers fault. Personaly I dont like when person starts harvesting without any order that shows me that would be a messy plower too