Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2021, 08:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PestoFarmer View Post
Just downloaded Firefox and getting the same "browser does not support..." message that I was getting on Chrome.
Hi PestoFarmer,
Please try the steps in the first post of this thread and see if it shows in the test there. There is a link in that post for instructions on how to enable WebGL in both Firefox and in Chrome. Please try those.

ALso be sure you have cookies and pop ups alloed according to the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:32 PM

my game is crashing with webgl 2 enabled or disabled.
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Venables View Post

my game is crashing with webgl 2 enabled or disabled.
HI Karin,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crashing.
Please explain what you were doing when it crashed. Is it crashing when you try again to do the same thing?

This usually happens when your browser encouters an error and "thinks" WebGL is disable.
Many times this happens while working heavily worked farms.

You need to close your browser for a few minutes and then reopen and check if that is fixed.
If not then you can restart your computer.

If nothing worked for you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, the game will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.
You have instructions on how to clear your browser cache in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Also you can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi All,
We are aware there seems to be a problem with the WebGL 2.0 not enabling mainly in Chrome. We are sending this to the developers to check this. Please be patient until they have a chance to check this out.
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:52 PM

Taz - I did a resync in Chrome and that got the WebGL 2.0 running. THANK YOU. Game is running choppy but at least it's running.
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:52 PM

I am using a new laptop and FT has been working fine all along until this morning! So I don't think it has anything to do with any version to be updated ...I will just wait it out and see whether it will load later on in the day!
Old Dec 23 2021, 08:54 PM

1473948498 I have always been able to load and play with WebGL 1 until just now. I bet this message even after I have done the memcache and restarted my laptop. Your browser does not support graphics API "WebGL 2" which is required for this content. Why isn't it converting to webGL 1 like it used to?
Old Dec 23 2021, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

We are aware that there appears to be a problem with loading the game with mostly Chrome and not supporting WebGL 2.0. We have sent this to the developers to find out what is going on. Please be patient until they can check this out and figure out the problem.
Old Dec 23 2021, 09:18 PM

Sayso, Can you help me with this problem? I us Opera for my browser. I get this message when I try to get to my farm. It just started this today. If you can I would appreciate and help I can get.

Your browser does not support graphics API "WebGL 2" which is required for this content.
Old Dec 23 2021, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayso View Post
Sayso, Can you help me with this problem? I us Opera for my browser. I get this message when I try to get to my farm. It just started this today. If you can I would appreciate and help I can get.

Your browser does not support graphics API "WebGL 2" which is required for this content.
Hi Sayso,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
We are aware that there appears to be a problem with loading the game with mostly Chrome and not supporting WebGL 2.0. We have sent this to the developers to find out what is going on. Please be patient until they can check this out and figure out the problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl