Old Aug 21 2011, 03:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I've been away for a short time, and have now sat reading this thread from where I left off not so long ago. It really makes me wonder again if Farm Town isn't a huge social experiment and if the psychologists aren't watching this thread in total amazement that there are so many people out there who can't cope with the fact that a GAME isn't living up to their 'give it ALL to me and give it to me NOW' attitude, or the fact that said GAME isn't having a problem fixed within a split second, so as not to upset their addiction.

The psychs would also have a field day with the fact that people who have paid some real world money to play a virtual game have an attitude of incredible entitlement because of that money spent.

I'm sure the entire game and its attached forum would make for an amazing study into human nature for someone to do The results would be pretty scary.
LOL too funny!! i can just see them now taking their little notes and Laughing lol..........

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 21 2011, 03:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
The Dog's Diary

8:00 am Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe ... for now.
LMAO, I love it
Old Aug 21 2011, 03:56 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef View Post
I hope you get your birthday wish, the last upgrade was on my birthday so wishing you luck with your wish
lmao I remember us all sitting here in aus waiting for that update and celebrating your birthday... it brought us good luck! lol
Old Aug 21 2011, 03:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
It depends the way you look at it... for us aussies its the end of the day.. for the other side of the world its the start of the day.... I expecting upgrade tomorrow night or on monday for my birthday... I go with tomorrow.
lol im in aus too so I hope ur right! happy birthday for tomorrow.. hope you bring us good luck like Keef did on his birthday for the last update!! fingers crossed!
Old Aug 21 2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckie547 View Post
WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11 WE WANT FARM 11
you think they got the message ?
Me too please
Old Aug 21 2011, 05:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I've been away for a short time, and have now sat reading this thread from where I left off not so long ago. It really makes me wonder again if Farm Town isn't a huge social experiment and if the psychologists aren't watching this thread in total amazement that there are so many people out there who can't cope with the fact that a GAME isn't living up to their 'give it ALL to me and give it to me NOW' attitude, or the fact that said GAME isn't having a problem fixed within a split second, so as not to upset their addiction.

The psychs would also have a field day with the fact that people who have paid some real world money to play a virtual game have an attitude of incredible entitlement because of that money spent.

I'm sure the entire game and its attached forum would make for an amazing study into human nature for someone to do The results would be pretty scary.
People are strange at times indeed. I do believe we have an entitlement when we pay real money for a game, and this game is no different than, lets say, a P3 game. What people fail to realise is that their entitlement is fullfilled by the great job these devs do, but no matter how great they are.. people will complain anyway! Yep the physchs would have a field day here lmao
Old Aug 21 2011, 05:33 AM

I still can't get in. "Loading User" just stays on the screen I have friends that have posted bonus opportunities and such, but I cannot get into my farms since yesterday afternoon. I have tried IE and Chrome. Frustrated b/c Saturday (it is Sun morning now) is the only day I can really farm. I hope my crops are not gone.
I don't care if there is an update, I just want to farm.
Old Aug 21 2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Tucker View Post
I still can't get in. "Loading User" just stays on the screen I have friends that have posted bonus opportunities and such, but I cannot get into my farms since yesterday afternoon. I have tried IE and Chrome. Frustrated b/c Saturday (it is Sun morning now) is the only day I can really farm. I hope my crops are not gone.
I don't care if there is an update, I just want to farm.
Have you cleared all caches` and macromedia files? the link in my signature leads to some instructions on doing that.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 21 2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:

Send it to them. Or better still, give them a link to the game.
I'dd almost bet that most of them would get as addicted to this game as we all are.
Old Aug 21 2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Betty Nelson View Post
Send it to them. Or better still, give them a link to the game.
I'dd almost bet that most of them would get as addicted to this game as we all are.
My daughter was trying to tell me yesterday that I am 'way too much' into this game. I told her that 'It's my game, Leave me alone!

I was just looking at the #. This is # 1400 posting on this up-date listing. Have there been this many on other listings?
Closed Thread