Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 06 2020, 12:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just posted the following:

Post Release Updates - April 6th, 12:30AM

- Released 15 Easter items, 8 at the top of the Easter category in the store and 7 at the bottom.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 06 2020, 11:02 AM

How do we know that we're getting the increased benefits from our trains? I bought 3 new cars for one of my engines yesterday to get the benefit. Just now, I unloaded one and I THINK I saw something about a bonus from the Mayor but it went by so quickly I wasn't sure. I'd like to savor that bonus a little more - or have a way to see it any time. Is that possible?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Apr 06 2020, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
How do we know that we're getting the increased benefits from our trains? I bought 3 new cars for one of my engines yesterday to get the benefit. Just now, I unloaded one and I THINK I saw something about a bonus from the Mayor but it went by so quickly I wasn't sure. I'd like to savor that bonus a little more - or have a way to see it any time. Is that possible?
Hi Susan,
Yes you are getting the bonus. It is a seperate line in the floating text when you unload the train. If you have a suggestion to change how it is displayed, please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize those by subject for the developers to view.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 06 2020, 12:01 PM

Thank you to the Devs for fixing the issues with Chrome! I appreciate it very much!!
Old Apr 07 2020, 01:11 AM

Default Trains

6. Increased train benefits:

a) Reduced travel times for ALL trains by 1 day, i.e.: the Standard Locomotive takes 6 days, the Turbo Locomotive takes 2 days, etc
b) When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train. Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.

Can you please clarify the note at the end of this item. It may just be me but it appears to contradict the original message. It says you have to have at least 3 trains dispatched with 10 cars each, the note then says that any trains can earn the bonus not only those with 10 cars. At the moment I have 2 Engines with 10 cars each. Would I have to buy another Engine and 10 cars to get bonus or just a couple of cars ? Thank you
Old Apr 07 2020, 04:44 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
6. Increased train benefits:

a) Reduced travel times for ALL trains by 1 day, i.e.: the Standard Locomotive takes 6 days, the Turbo Locomotive takes 2 days, etc
b) When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train. Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.

Can you please clarify the note at the end of this item. It may just be me but it appears to contradict the original message. It says you have to have at least 3 trains dispatched with 10 cars each, the note then says that any trains can earn the bonus not only those with 10 cars. At the moment I have 2 Engines with 10 cars each. Would I have to buy another Engine and 10 cars to get bonus or just a couple of cars ? Thank you
Hi barbaraelwart,

Let me see if I can clear it up a bit for you.

Quote:
When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train.
To qualify for the bonus you must have a minimum of 3 trains with 10 different long cars on each of them (meaning you can't have 2 of the same long car on the same train). So yes, if you only have 2 trains with 10 long cars you need one more with 10 long cars on it.

When you only have 3 trains with 10 long cars, to get your bonus, they must all be either dispatched or ready to unload. Then, if more than one of the trains was ready to unload, only unload and dispatch one at a time, so you get the bonus for each of them.

Quote:
Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.
This means, if you then had a 4th train or more, but those only had one or a few long cars on them. To get the bonus for those trains, as long as the 3 trains with 10 long cars are dispatched or ready to unload, when you unload a train with less long cars on it, that one also qualifies for the mayor bonus even though it has less than 10 long cars.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 09 2020, 06:43 AM

I though I might have had to buy 10 new long cars but turns out I have more than 10 on each of the two I already own so only need to buy 2 more to have 3 trains with 10 long car on each
Old Apr 09 2020, 08:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Good Morning. Just wanted to pop in and thank Raul and the whole team for farmtown. I've always enjoyed the game, but being stuck at home has made it a great outlet for stress. Thanks for all you do to keep the game going.
Old Apr 10 2020, 07:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

What does the greyed-out “boost” mean? Is that an indication that the boost has been completed & I can then boost another?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 10 2020, 07:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
What does the greyed-out “boost” mean? Is that an indication that the boost has been completed & I can then boost another?
Hi Zeeky,
If it is greyed out, the numbers show the same amount such as (13/13) then that means you can not boost that train any more until it comes back and you unload then dispatch again.
Closed Thread