Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 10 2017, 11:11 AM

Angry

I REALLY wish I had known this before I bought them for me and my Super Neighbor. . My question now is are they going to make more of these extended tool ones that eventually will do more than the 16x16?
Or did I just totally waste my precious farmcash (400 FC!!!)on EIGHT tools that are of no real benefit??They should have made this more clear on their listings in the Store..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi RIAP27,

Please see my reply to your last post. They are mainly for working overlapped fields. If you switch back to highlight mode they will work like the 16x16 older tools.
Old Mar 10 2017, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I REALLY wish I had known this before I bought them for me and my Super Neighbor. . My question now is are they going to make more of these extended tool ones that eventually will do more than the 16x16?
Or did I just totally waste my precious farmcash on EIGHT tools that are of no real benefit??
Hi Riap,
Only the developers know whether there will be more and they don't tell us in advance of releasing anything. It does pay to read all of the release information before buying anything. While they may not be a benefit to you they are a benefit to others who either overlap their fields or work for others who do so.
If you are unhappy with the tools you can contact Support to see if they will give you a refund. The decision on a refund is up to them. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 10 2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old Mar 10 2017, 02:46 PM

Default EX Tools are Great!

The new EX 5X5 tools are a great addition to the game and really speeds things up when working layered/overlapped fields. I also like the ease of switching in and out of Extent Mode, really handy when going between overlapped and non-overlapped fields.

Thanks to Raul and the developers!!
Old Mar 10 2017, 03:20 PM

I agree-most of them are excellent! For flowers and trees and water! Fantastic. So I expected an up grade to make harvesting faster as well. I do not layer fields so the tiny size of the 5x5 square only results in far more clicking so I went to highlight mode. Only to find it is exactly the same as the previous 16 x16 for harvesting/plowing etc. I do like the ability to switch from extended to highllight-tho the only place I do that nwo is with the combines since the 5x5 exxtended use is so small. I am disappointed in these only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
The new EX 5X5 tools are a great addition to the game and really speeds things up when working layered/overlapped fields. I also like the ease of switching in and out of Extent Mode, really handy when going between overlapped and non-overlapped fields.

Thanks to Raul and the developers!!
Old Mar 10 2017, 03:25 PM

Thank you, Taz. IF my friend and I decide we are very disappointed I just may go to Support, because for the both of us I spent a nice chunk of real $$$ on them expecting an upgrade from the red 16x16. I have been happy about all my purchases over the years--up til now. They wanted to help people who layer yet itis frowned upon. Makes no sense really not to have an improvement for those of us that do not layet. My super neighbor had to give up layering as her computer did not like it at all and she ended up having to get rid of layered plots.
Maybe my fault for assuming and not fully reading up on them before hand-but never had this kind of thing happen before with no benefit of any kind to getting the new tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
Only the developers know whether there will be more and they don't tell us in advance of releasing anything. It does pay to read all of the release information before buying anything. While they may not be a benefit to you they are a benefit to others who either overlap their fields or work for others who do so.
If you are unhappy with the tools you can contact Support to see if they will give you a refund. The decision on a refund is up to them. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Mar 12 2017, 10:01 AM

Any way not to make the 5x5 the default tool? Every time I get a non layered job (which are most jobs), I have to go to my tool box and click my 16x16.
Also, when I hire folks they don't realize I have the bigger tools because it defaults to the 5x5.
Old Mar 12 2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbonet View Post
Any way not to make the 5x5 the default tool? Every time I get a non layered job (which are most jobs), I have to go to my tool box and click my 16x16.
Also, when I hire folks they don't realize I have the bigger tools because it defaults to the 5x5.
Hi Columbonet,
When you go to a job on a non-layered farm and are handed the new 5x5, you can just change it from Extended mode to highlight mode and it will work exactly the same size as a 16x16 tool. That way you don't have to go to the toolbox to change tools. Those you hire can do the same.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 12 2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Columbonet,
When you go to a job on a non-layered farm and are handed the new 5x5, you can just change it from Extended mode to highlight mode and it will work exactly the same size as a 16x16 tool. That way you don't have to go to the toolbox to change tools. Those you hire can do the same.
How do you switch modes?
Old Mar 12 2017, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbonet View Post
How do you switch modes?
Hi columbonet,
When you have the tool in hand an icon of the tool shows in the lower right corner where the eye shows for other tools. Click on that and then you have 2 choices the Extend mode or the highlight mode.
Old Mar 13 2017, 09:12 AM

Default buildings

I have been messing around on my farms trying to get them fixed up, but I can't remember how to put trees over or under the buildings. Could someone remind me how please?