Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 06 2011, 09:12 PM

This week alone, I have lost 3 neighbors due to this farm cash deal. And I assure you more will follow. With this game, it is all about the new facilities and the big tools, when they can no longer purchase them, the fun has been taken away!!! I am hoping now when they release new fac's... and tools, please allow us to use coins and not all fc. I do not think that is asking to much, it is just a game!
Old Jul 06 2011, 09:48 PM
Account Not Linked

I think what they are saying is that FB has your paypal username AND password.There is no reason FB should store that info,and if you use paypal,the smart thing to do would be to make sure you go back into FB and delete that info anytime you do.

Just fyi...with Zynga..at least fv..you can buy fc direct from your paypal and not go through FB.
Old Jul 06 2011, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
I think what they are saying is that FB has your paypal username AND password.There is no reason FB should store that info,and if you use paypal,the smart thing to do would be to make sure you go back into FB and delete that info anytime you do.

Just fyi...with Zynga..at least fv..you can buy fc direct from your paypal and not go through FB.
What Facebook has of your Paypal information is just your username and not your password. When you buy through Paypal then a Pre-approved payment setting to allow them to charge your account without you having to log into Paypal and approve the payment each time. I am not happy with this, but have had the same thing with other merchants as well and have never gotten a charge through Paypal that I didn't initiate.
It really isn't going to matter how much we whine here and claim we are not going to buy any more Farm Cash, the only ones that are going to be hurt are Slashkey and those who no longer buy. There are plenty of ways to buy without giving Facebook your credit card information.

ETA: After further investigation with Paypal. All the merchant has is a unique account/ID number for automatically charging your Paypal account when you initiate a purchase. So they do not have your username or password for your Paypal.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 06 2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old Jul 06 2011, 10:55 PM

Default Almost afraid to write

I had a good experience buying 25FC and wanted to post in hopes others will report if they've been lucky as well.

1. Went to the "buy cash" tab in the game.
2. Chose 25 FC for $4.99, and chose to "pay with credits" (I didn't have any already).
3. Method of payment came up, and I chose PayPal.
4. Signed into PayPal and went though the normal PayPal process.
5. My account was charged $4.90 to purchase 49 FB credits that were automatically used to buy 25 FC (which is actually $.09 cheaper than the selection said).
6. Connected to the game and I had an added 25 FC and still no FB credits (which is good cause I didn't want any left over credits).

Luckily for me, it was as easy as when I purchased FC before the change and it saved me $.09 (won't buy much, but I like any savings )

Hope I didn't just jinx my next purchase by posting a positive experience!

Carole's Tree Heaven = http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1625093603
(we hope! )
Old Jul 07 2011, 03:40 AM

I just used the new system and it was pretty painless. I used Pay Pal which I've always used to buy FC. The FC was immediately added to my account, I have no FB credits pending. The only difference is I got 2 e-mail confirmations, one from PayPal and one from FB.

Ok, now I'm ready for an update!
Old Jul 07 2011, 05:30 AM
Account Not Linked

id rather go bk to normal and use my mobile fone or normal paypal(nt with credit card)
Old Jul 07 2011, 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielralph72au View Post
id rather go bk to normal and use my mobile fone or normal paypal(nt with credit card)
Unfortunately that is not possible. If you use the Buy Cash at the top of the game, then you can buy just the number of credits you need and they are directly converted to Farm Cash. This way you have no left over credits. You can use your mobile phone. Click on More payment options at bottom the list and you will see mobile phones with a dropdown list for country. Select your country and continue from there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 07 2011, 02:02 PM
Account Not Linked

My problem is that Belgium isn't in that list. Still angry about that. Can't buy cash with my mobile anymore because of that.
Ah well, I still have the prepaid card.
Old Jul 07 2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel70 View Post
My problem is that Belgium isn't in that list. Still angry about that. Can't buy cash with my mobile anymore because of that.
Ah well, I still have the prepaid card.
I saw Belguim in that dropdown list. You might want to check again.
Old Jul 07 2011, 02:58 PM
Account Not Linked

It is???????? Gonna check right now. Hang on.