Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old May 04 2013, 07:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Chapter 24 - Gifts/Gifting/Accepting/Exchanging/Storing

NEW - Gift Manager

Send Gifts, Exchange Gifts, Accept Gifts and the Send Gift Back to All can be done within the Gift Manager!

Send Gifts tab and the My Requests tab are deactivated!
You will see messages on both of those tabs directing you to use the Gift Manager within the game.
Train Boosts, Neighbour and Buddy Requests are also now done in game and not from My Requests.

CLICK HERE
to see how to use the Gift Manager!

Farm Town was deactivated by Facebook on 24th July 2023 which is why the Gifting had to change.

Due to these changes what you see when you open the gift box on the Website is different to what you saw on Facebook.

Make sure that you click on this link and read the information to know why Neighbours & Buddies are who will be showing up in your farmers lists to send a gift to and.
Description of connections with farmers you need to know!

You can have roughly up to 500 farming friends which will be a combination of Neighbours and Buddies.

• Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?
  • Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?

28th July, 2023 There is a new rule for *new* players signing up in the new website when sending Farm Cash gifts to other players. They can send as much Farm Cash as they have bought themselves, Farm Cash earned by leveling up or any other way cannot be sent to other players. This is to mitigate the creation of fake accounts in the new website with the sole purpose of leveling up and sending Farm Cash to other players.
    Example Message for new accounts:

• What are Wall Requests?

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 12 2023 at 07:28 AM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 01:39 PM

Default Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?

Can I send Farm Cash to a friend?

Yes you can send Farm Cash to Neighbours or Buddies. The requirements to be able to send are as follows:
  • UPDATE 28th July 2023 , 5:20PM There is a new rule for *new* players signing up in the new website when sending Farm Cash gifts to other players. They can send as much Farm Cash as they have bought themselves, Farm Cash earned by leveling up or any other way cannot be sent to other players. This is to mitigate the creation of fake accounts in the new website with the sole purpose of leveling up and sending Farm Cash to other players.

Rules for accounts created BEFORE 28th July 2023:
  • To send up to 500 Farm Cash:
    The requirements are that either you have been playing the game for more than 6 months or you have purchased at least 120 Farm Cash. You must also have enough Farm Cash in your account to be able to send it. If you are sending both FC Gift Cards and FC items the total can not exceed 500FC.

• To send more than 500 Farm Cash:
    If you have already sent 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to purchased at least 305 FarmCash to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

How to Send Farm Cash:
  1. Click on the Store icon then click on the Other tab.

In this picture the user has 117 FarmCash, indicated in the picture with the red arrow and box.

You can ONLY send an FC item if you have enough FC in your account, so this user has enough Farm Cash to send a 55 FarmCash Gift Card but not the 120FC or 250 FarmCash Gift Cards:

2. Hover your mouse over the picture of the amount of Farm Cash you wish to send and the Send button will appear.

3. Then click on Send and a new box called Pick A Farmer:My Neighbours will appear. It initially shows just your neighbors profile pictures and avatar names. We've removed the profile pictures in the picture for privacy.

The coloured dots you might see next to them are the same dots that you see in your Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen to show who is online, who is your super neighbour, who you are a super neighbour for etc.

You can change this view to a another group of farmers by clicking on the funnel filter top right:

All Will show both your Neighbours and your Buddies
    My Neighbours will show just your neighbours
    My Buddies will show just your Buddies.

Use the scroll bar to the right of the box to scroll to find your neighbour/buddy.

IMPORTANT! - Avatar names are not exclusive, meaning you could have several farmers using the same avatar name as another farmer. You need to be sure that you have the right farmer before you proceed to sending anything.

4. When you have found your friend’s avatar name and profile picture click on Pick to the right of their picture and avatar name.
    A safety popup will appear telling you how much Farm Cash you are about to send, the avatar name and the cost. Example:

VERY IMPORTANT! Check the details in the pop up are correct. This is your ONLY chance to cancel. It tells you how much Farm Cash you are sending, the avatar name you are sending to and the cost of the item. Once the gift has been sent it can not be returned or changed.
    • If the details are correct click the green tick to send.
    • If the details are NOT correct click the red X to cancel.

5. Once you have clicked the green check mark the Farm Cash will be deducted for your account and you will see a message that your gift has been sent.

6. Your friend will receive their FarmCash Gift Card in their Gift box in the game. They need to look in there to find and accept it. Once accepted they will be credited with the Farm Cash.

Warnings:

You WILL get a warning when they already have the exact same gift in their gift box.

IF you don't have enough Farm Cash to cover the cost of what you are sending you will see a brief message in white lettering informing you of that appear on the game screen.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 12 2023 at 07:29 AM.
Old Mar 19 2016, 01:47 PM

Default Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?

Can I send Farm Cash items to friends?

Yes, you can send Farm Cash Items to Neighbours or Buddies. The requirements to be able to send are as follows:
  • UPDATE 28th July 2023 , 5:20PM There is a new rule for *new* players signing up in the new website when sending Farm Cash gifts to other players. They can send as much Farm Cash as they have bought themselves, Farm Cash earned by leveling up or any other way cannot be sent to other players. This is to mitigate the creation of fake accounts in the new website with the sole purpose of leveling up and sending Farm Cash to other players.

Rules for accounts created BEFORE 28th July 2023:
  • To send up to 500 FC worth of FC or FC Items:
    The requirements are that either you have been playing the game for more than 6 months or you have purchased at least 120 Farm Cash. You must also have enough Farm Cash in your account to be able to send it. If you are sending both FC Gift Cards and FC items the total can not exceed 500FC.

• To send more than 500 worth of FC or FC Items:
    If you have already sent 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to purchased at least 305 FarmCash to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

How to Send Farm Cash Items:
  1. Click on the Store icon and find the Farm Cash Item you want to send.

In this picture the user has 117 FarmCash, indicated in the picture with the red arrow and box.

You can ONLY send an FC item if you have enough FC in your account, so this user has enough Farm Cash to send one or more items up to the value of 117 FarmCash:

2. Hover your mouse over the picture of the amount of Farm Cash Item that you wish to send and the Send button will appear.

3. Then click on Send and a new box called Pick A Farmer:My Neighbours will appear. It initially shows just your neighbors profile pictures and avatar names. We've removed the profile pictures in the picture for privacy.

The coloured dots you might see next to them are the same dots that you see in your Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen to show who is online, who is your super neighbour, who you are a super neighbour for etc.

You can change this view to a another group of farmers by clicking on the funnel filter top right:

All Will show both your Neighbours and your Buddies
    My Neighbours will show just your neighbours
    My Buddies will show just your Buddies.

Use the scroll bar to the right of the box to scroll to find your neighbour/buddy.

IMPORTANT! - Avatar names are not exclusive, meaning you could have several farmers using the same avatar name as another farmer. You need to be sure that you have the right farmer before you proceed to sending anything.

4. When you have found your friend’s avatar name and profile picture click on Pick to the right of their picture and avatar name. A safety popup will appear telling you what you are about to send, the avatar name and the cost of the item.
    Example:

VERY IMPORTANT! Check the details in the pop up are correct. This is your only chance to cancel. It tells you what item you are sending, the avatar name you are sending to and the cost of the item. Once the gift has been sent it can not be returned or changed. If the details are correct click the green tick to send. If the details are not correct click the red X to cancel.

5. Once you have clicked the green check mark the Farm Cash will be deducted for your account and you will see a message that your gift has been sent.

6. Your friend will receive their Farm Cash Item in their Gift box in the game. They need to look in there to find and accept it.

Warnings and error messages:

The game will NOT tell you if they already have the item you are trying to send IF they already own one and it is placed on one of their farms. Please check with them that they need or want the item BEFORE you send it.

You WILL get a warning when they already have the exact same gift in their gift box.

You WILL also get a warning if you try to send a tool to a farmer that either does not own the previous tools required to have the one you want to send OR that those tools are out on their farms and not in their Item storage where the game can see that they own them.
For Example: If you were to try to send a Combine Harvest-Plant 22x22 to a user that does not have the previous tools needed to buy that tool OR that those tools are not in their Item storage, you will see a warning message like this when you click the green check mark to proceed with the purchase:

So in this example you would need to check with the farmer if the they own the tools listed in that warning and make sure that if they do own them that those tools are placed into their items storage so the game can see them.
IF you don't have enough Farm Cash to cover the cost of what you are sending you will see a brief message in white lettering informing you of that appear on the game screen.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 12 2023 at 07:30 AM.
Old Sep 28 2016, 12:22 PM

Default What are Wall Requests?

What are Wall Requests and what are the links at the top of My Requests for?

The easiest place to find your Neighbour and Buddies Farm Town posts is by using the links at the top of the My Requests page. There must be a connection as a Neighbour or Buddy to see their posts in these walls.

My Requests is no longer where you see gifts, train boosts, neighbour, buddy requests. Those are all done in game now.
When you click on My Requests you see a message telling you of the changes.

At a later date My Requests will change and show only the 2 wall request pages with the Facility Wall Requests page default.

There are actually 3 links but only 2 will show as a link when you are viewing a particular section. The links allow you to switch between each section. The section you are viewing will not be a link and will have a pale yellow background behind the text.

The other 2 links are :Show Facility Wall Requests and Show Other Wall Requests.

NEW Link in Facility Wall Requests Wall Requests and Other Wall Requests Wall Requests.
There is a link you can click to Include or Hide posts from Farmers that have you as a Neighbour or Buddy but are not your Neighbour or Buddy yet. What friends that are currently showing there are is from the last time you loaded the Facebook game so that your friends list could be updated to the Website. This will likely no longer be useful in the future.

UPDATE 27 FEB,2024 Facility Wall Requests section.
a) Increased maximum amount of posts from 150 to 200
b) If a farmer already has all her facilities empty, we will hide that post most of the time.

To see your farming friends Requests, click on the My Requests tab at the top of the game screen.

To view your Neighbour and Buddies Facility Requests click on Show Facility Wall Requests and you will see your friends recent Facility posts.

This is an example of what you could see here but they will be your Neighbour and Buddies posts.

As you can see Show My Requests is a link, in the middle is Facility Wall Requests with a yellow background indicating that that is the section you are viewing and there is Show Other Wall Requests as a link to the right. Names and profile pictures are edited for privacy reasons :

If any of them have Pink backgrounds those are facilities already worked.
Example:

A suggestion for working with the Wall Requests if you want to work on a request, right click on the blue link to the right of what you are wanting to do, then click on "open link in new tab".
This will open the work request in a new tab for you to work it. This way once you are done with which ever request you are working all you have to do is to close that tab and you still have the Facility Wall Requests open in the previous tab so you can work the next one. If you open too many tabs at once you can run into issues with not all the facilities on every farm worked, so try with only a few before you open more.

When you are done working the wall, refresh the page and the facilities that you have already worked will have a pink background.

To see your Neighbour and Buddies bonus posts, requests for gifts or ingredients and any Farm Cash rewards click on Show Other Wall Requests.

You will then see something similar to this. As you can see Show My Requests and Show Facility Wall Requests are now links and Other Wall Requests now has a pale yellow background.

The links to the right can be clicked to send a bonus, gift or ingredients.
If the background is white, those are ones you can help. 1 bonus and 1 ingredient per person, 1 gift per person. Gifts are every 8 hours unless you own the gifting machines that allow you to send gifts more often.

If you are also opening links in a new tab to send bonuses or ingredient requests, when you are done working the wall, refresh the page and the facilities that you have already worked will have a pink background.

Specific Gift Requests like "Send a Seawater Bait" - DO NOT open these in a new tab like you would with facility work and bonuses and ingredient request THAT WILL NOT WORK
To send the gift, all you do is click on the link and the gift will be sent!

COMING SOON FEB/MAR 2024: Other Wall Requests improvements (coming in 1-2 days):

a) Increased maximum amount of posts from 150 to 200

b) Replaced all broken 'Send a gift' links by 'Visit Farm' links

c) Show only one 'farm expansion' post per farmer

d) Show only one 'new level reached' post per farmer

e) Show only 5 'gift requests' posts per farmer.

To view another section just click the link of the section you want to view.

NOTE: You will not see your own posts here only your friends posts.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 28 2024 at 04:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
accepting gifts, exchanging gifts, gifts, sending farm cash, sending farm cash item, show ft wall requests, wall requests