Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 27 2015, 09:17 AM

Sorry if this in the wrong place, I use chrome for his game like many, will this affect Farm Town .. if you can post the player we need for this game on Face book chrome users thank you, again if this was the wrong place please forgive me..

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher

Plugins allow extra features to be added to browsers. For example, you can watch certain types of videos or play a game that’s on a webpage.

NPAPI support has ended
In the past, many plugins were developed using an older system called NPAPI. Today fewer sites are using NPAPI plugins and they can sometimes cause security risks on websites.

To make browsing with Chrome safer, faster, and more stable, we’re ending support for NPAPI plugins with Chrome version 42.

Which plugins are supported
Plugins that use a newer, more secure system called Pepper API (PPAPI) will continue to work, including those that ship with Chrome, like Adobe Flash and PDF Viewer. However, plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java, and Unity, won’t work.

How to temporarily enable NPAPI plugins
If you must use a NPAPI plugin, there’s a temporary workaround that will work until Chrome version 45 is released later in 2015:

Open Chrome.
In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Enable NPAPI flag:
Enable NPAPI Flag Screenshot

In the bottom left corner of the page, click the Relaunch Now button.
After the release of Chrome version 45, you’ll need to use an alternate web browser to load content that requires a NPAPI plugin.
Old May 27 2015, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCK View Post
Sorry if this in the wrong place, I use chrome for his game like many, will this affect Farm Town .. if you can post the player we need for this game on Face book chrome users thank you, again if this was the wrong place please forgive me..

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher

Plugins allow extra features to be added to browsers. For example, you can watch certain types of videos or play a game that’s on a webpage.

NPAPI support has ended
In the past, many plugins were developed using an older system called NPAPI. Today fewer sites are using NPAPI plugins and they can sometimes cause security risks on websites.

To make browsing with Chrome safer, faster, and more stable, we’re ending support for NPAPI plugins with Chrome version 42.

Which plugins are supported
Plugins that use a newer, more secure system called Pepper API (PPAPI) will continue to work, including those that ship with Chrome, like Adobe Flash and PDF Viewer. However, plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java, and Unity, won’t work.

How to temporarily enable NPAPI plugins
If you must use a NPAPI plugin, there’s a temporary workaround that will work until Chrome version 45 is released later in 2015:

Open Chrome.
In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Enable NPAPI flag:
Enable NPAPI Flag Screenshot

In the bottom left corner of the page, click the Relaunch Now button.
After the release of Chrome version 45, you’ll need to use an alternate web browser to load content that requires a NPAPI plugin.
Hi Diane,
The answer is no this is not going to effect Farm Town because it uses the Pepperflash plugin which is allowed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 27 2015, 07:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just a thought..... time for the thread to close maybe, fingers crossed and hoping.. cheers...♥

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 27 2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
just a thought..... time for the thread to close maybe, fingers crossed and hoping.. cheers...♥
i was thinking the same thing
Old May 27 2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Diane,
The answer is no this is not going to effect Farm Town because it uses the Pepperflash plugin which is allowed.

thank you was worried when i read that this morning...
Old May 28 2015, 11:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you everyone for your feedback on the new release. This thread is now being closed.

While we await the new release please post any help you require in our Help and Support section and any suggestions in the suggestions area of the forum.

Happy Farming