Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 25 2010, 11:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
Plus, most would never do them unless asked. People are finicky about their trees and a lot of people don't want them done.
Although in the past a lot of people wouldn't harvest trees unless the person asked them to there is no need in that any more. If people don't want their trees harvested then they have the option to hire us where we can't harvest trees. In my opinion if I have the ability to harvest trees I assume the farmer wants them harvested so I harvest them. There is no need anymore for the bull s*** of asking for permission to harvest something on someone's farm. Also I never say I have trees that need harvesting when I go to the mp and I always get my 2000+ trees harvested with no problem.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 26 2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Although in the past a lot of people wouldn't harvest trees unless the person asked them to there is no need in that any more. If people don't want their trees harvested then they have the option to hire us where we can't harvest trees. In my opinion if I have the ability to harvest trees I assume the farmer wants them harvested so I harvest them. There is no need anymore for the bull s*** of asking for permission to harvest something on someone's farm. Also I never say I have trees that need harvesting when I go to the mp and I always get my 2000+ trees harvested with no problem.
It's been my experience that a lot of people don't fully read the info box when they get hired and the vast majority, me included, don't have the trees on most of the time so don't even see them. One of my farms is mostly covered with trees and you can't even harvest with them on. The orginial has about 140 on top of a portion of the crops so they need to be off to get it all done.

I've read the box, knew I was getting hired to do both crops and trees and totally forgotten about it by the time I'm done harvesting because they aren't on. And, I hire two people to harvest on each of my farms 3 to 5 times a day and I get questions about trees every day....can they do them or why can't they do them. So, I know there's still some confusion even after all this time.

I've also inadvertantly clicked the wrong hire option. Usually they never touch the trees. But, I also tend to hire the more aggressive job hunters. They tend to want to get right to the plowing as soon as possible.

I don't think it's b.s. to ask someone about the trees if you want to do them or you want them done. It's just common courtesy. It eliminates confusion.

Anyway, the original reason for responding was the "babysitting" comment.

I hire from the MP way more than the average player and my experiences have been, overall, very, very good.

Connection issues can be a problem. Communicaton can be a problem sometimes...I can't tell you how many people I've hired who didn't have great command of the English language. I've hired people from all over Europe, Asia and Australia and every part of the US.

I never expect my next hire to be my new best friend, but I have made some friends there.

I hire only to get the work done and to get them and me some points and coins.

I tend to hire the more aggressive job seekers, but never those that flood the chat box.

I have rarely had issues but stuff happens. I spent an extra 20 minutes the other day with a woman with connection problems getting her to refresh and rehiring her so she could finish plowing and get the points. If I hadn't been there I would have come back to an unfinished job and thought she got booted. I would have never thought she was a slacker that didn't finish the job. I would have assumed connection issues and I'd have been right.
Old Mar 26 2010, 01:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

I don't think it's b.s. to ask someone about the trees if you want to do them or you want them done. It's just common courtesy. It eliminates confusion.
I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this because the two hiring options take care of any confusion as to do people want trees done, if they don't want their trees done then either hire the right way or if you hit the wrong thing say something when you get to your farm. If I was hired to do trees but the farmer said sorry I hit the wrong thing will you not do the threes I would respect that, but I'm not going to ask if it is okay on the off chance they hit the wrong option. I personally have always thought that it was BS for the person hired to ask if they can do trees. It is the person who does the hiring job to tell their employes that they don't want trees done. Everyone always thought it was an unwritten rule that EVERYONE in farm town knew and followed and got really ****** off when their trees where harvested even though they had not said one word about not harvesting them. In my opinion some of the tree huggers took the game way to seriously and still do.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Mar 26 2010, 01:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H
I've just come across this debate and it's actually quite interesting, I've not considered it before. Unfortunately not everyone has the same opinion. People, so it seems, are stuck in their ways and don't harvest trees unless they're asked, this is what people did out of "courtesy" beforehand.

Now there's an option to harvest crops alone or crops and trees. People are still stuck in their old ways and don't bother with trees unless asked, some on the other hand take full advantage if there's trees and try to harvest them. If they've been hired to harvest both then it works well for the "employee" and the "employer". Unfortunately people's opinions vary and there will always be an argument from one side and an argument from the other, like you say JAS - I think this would be an agree to disagree situation, like most of the hiring and harvesting debates
Old Mar 26 2010, 03:10 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't hire people from the MP that say "plsssssssssssssssssss". I also avoid people that ask to plow or harvest only.

yesterday I even had people say they would only pick pineapple, lol. No way I'd hire them for anything.
Old Mar 27 2010, 01:07 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Immigrant View Post
I don't hire people from the MP that say "plsssssssssssssssssss". I also avoid people that ask to plow or harvest only.

yesterday I even had people say they would only pick pineapple, lol. No way I'd hire them for anything.

I understand the plsssssssssssss and only pineapples, but keep this in mind about those that only want to harvest. Some people have enough coins and really only want the xps for plowing so they can advance in levels. Also there are some like me that are at level 80 (the last level) and don't need or want the xps for plowing so they only want to harvest. The people that say this up front are just letting you know what kind of work they are looking for and in my opinion are not being rude.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Mar 27 2010, 07:43 PM
Account Not Linked

I appreciate knowing who is there to harvest and who is there to plow. I can only hire to harvest since the vast majority of my friends abandoned this game. So it is completely pointless for me to hire someone who wants to plow to harvest.
Old Mar 30 2010, 03:30 PM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Jul 05 2009
Level:
Trophies: 10
XP:

I noticed just today how many people in the MP don't answer you when you type something in. All of this is rather foreign to me since I usually always say hi.

I was actually looking to hire someone to harvest and plow and people couldn't even say good morning to me. It's making me want to hire friends only and be done with the entire marketplace.

I did finally hire someone who got halfway done with my farm and vanished. I suspect the server timed out on her as her avatar stayed at my farm but it froze there. I went back to hire someone to finish the trees and plow and somehow hired 2.... and the minute they got to my farm they were asking plow? plow? which I thought was rude. I had to tell them 2 times to please finish the trees. And they still left a grove undone that I finally just did myself in frustration. Then they both plowed and didn't even say thank you.

I go to the marketplace to be hired at times, and only hope that my being courteous is giving me a good reputation that will make people want to hire me again.

I'm wondering what the right answer is as far as hiring people - I want to hire someone who pays attention to what I'm asking for and says thanks.

On the tree debate, I didn't realize it was bad manners to harvest them automatically or to ask before harvesting. I want to be sure that people who hire me get what they need done, which is why I will usually ask.

Visit Pot O' Gold Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 30 2010, 11:48 PM

Default Rude hirers!

Is anyone tired of being hired only to find theres 7 other people already on the farm working? I'm not complaining because its annoying and rude, I'm complaining because it slows down the game. It's even slower if some are harvesting and some are plowing.

When I go to the Marketplace to hire, I only hire ONE person to harvest and I ask them if they would like to plow as well.

What do you all do when you find several other people already on the farm working?

Last edited by Ania; Mar 30 2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old Mar 31 2010, 12:08 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

LOL i say thanks for the job..... too many people here bye now..........

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20