Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 30 2017, 12:55 AM

Default New Release -- June 30th, 2017

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on July 25th, 5:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI

1. An 'Unfinished House' building and associated decorations: This is a plain house without any exterior decorations so you can add your own. The house and the 15 decorations for it are located in page 11 of the 'Other' category in the Store. Each page in the store contains 8 items.

2. Farm 33: See prices below:

12x12 - 17000000000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 17500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 18000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 18500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 19000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 19500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

3. Performance Optimizations, most of them released last week:

a) Overall faster and better handling of the farm, like dragging the farm, etc, this applies to any farm, decorative or work farms

b) Highlight frustrations and inaccuracies has always been present in the game, the highlighting experience should be much better now, there should be no more circling the mouse over an item trying to highlight it, it should work well with smaller, bigger and with ground items like patches. Also, items are highlighted much faster when you mouse over them.

c) Load time improvements for working farms containing different type of items. Farms with several sections of different trees planted should load faster now, including those with a layer of crops at the bottom. We have tested with 32 farms from a moderator and we were able to navigate all of them combined in almost half the time, notice that the gains are more visible in working farms with trees, crops, etc.

d) Improved performance for non-extended mode tools. They should work faster and if you tend to click very fast while farming, you will experience less "missed" spots.

e) Continued reducing memory consumption

Note: We have tested farms with a size of 50x50, fully planted with trees, using an 8 years old computer with 4 GB of memory and a good internet connection, and the experience has been very positive.

4. Tree Shaker 32 x 32 (FC): This new Tree Shaker harvest up to 1024 trees in one click.

5. Flower Harvester 32 x 32 (FC): This new Flower Harvester harvest up to 1024 flowers in one click.

6. Other Improvements:

a) New 'Show Ships' preference
b) Bugfix: Incorrect number of 'pending allowed port replacement' shown in the Ship Manager
c) When using the extended mode tools, as you move the yellow frame, the name of the item planted in the top inside part of the yellow frame will be displayed, *not* the name of the item planted under the cursor. This may seem inaccurate, however we did it like that so we didn't degrade the performance of these tools but you still can have a general idea of what type of items are planted in the farm.

7. Local Facility Chains: This is a functionality that will be released in the next few months, we should have the first part ready for the next release, here are some of the rules so far although some of these may change:

a) A user will be able to create chains with its own facilities by combining multiple facilities of the same type. This feature is not related to the Neighborhood Chains Context.
b) Every certain amount of weeks a user can select 2 facility candidates to convert into chains
c) Only one can be a coin facility
d) One must be a factory and the other one must be a service facility
e) Assuming facility X and Y are paired (output of X is the input of Y, for example the Medical Supplies Factory and the Hospital Service Facility) you cannot have chains of both of them, you will have to decide which one, the factory or the service you want to upgrade into a chain
f) For a facility candidate to earn the chain status, you will have to reach the Dan 7 on each of its products. Dan 7 could only be reached for products produced in facilities that are candidates to be converted into chains.
g) A chain should have at least 2 facilities and a maximum of 3 facilities. A chain with 3 facilities will provide more benefits than a chain of 2 facilities.
h) Chains of factories will provide increased product output. Chains of service facilities will provide increased profits.
i) A factory chain will produce 2 different types of product quality: standard quality, and a new premium or export quality products to be stored in a separate dedicated storage, for example, Surgical Gloves and Premium Surgical Gloves, the product types and images are all the same, there will just be 2 different quality versions of each product produced in a chain.
j) Premium products cannot be consumed by your own service facilities, you can sell them in the market for increased profits or you can trade them with your friends through partnerships
k) For example, if you own a chain of Medical Supplies Factories, you can enter into a partnership with one of your neighbours that have a chain of Hospitals and all your premium products produced by your Medical Supplies Factory chain will be automatically consumed by your partner in his/her chains of Hospitals, generating even more profits for both of you.

8. Added Graphite Ore and Chromite Ore to the Quarry Train Car and to the Ore, Rocks and Minerals Ship Container.

9. Moroccan Restaurant (FC): Produces Moroccan Food.

Chicken Pastilla
Zaalouk Salad
Harira Soup
Lamb Tagine
Kefta Tagine
Couscous 7 Veggies
Chermoula Mackerel
Chebakia

10. Photography Studio (FC): Provides Photography Services and can be stocked with products from the Photography Supplies Factory.

11. Locksmith Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Locksmith Supplies.

Lock Pick Gun
Barrel Bolt
Deadbolt
Pinning Tray
Practice Lock Station
Car Door Wedge
Blank Car Key
Key Cutting Machine

12. Locksmith Shop (Coins): Provides Locksmith Services and can be stocked with products from the Locksmith Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - June 30th, 5:00PM

- We reverted back the change about the 'Show Decorations' preference hiding all the paths in the farm, in the future we will create a separate 'Show Paths' option for this.

Post-Release Updates - July 3rd, 8:40PM

- We replaced the 3 doors for the Unfinished House, so they are elevated like the windows and will stay in place when placed in front of the house, independent of the house orientation.

Note: The original doors are not available anymore in the Store to avoid confusion, so if you want to preserve the original doors you have in your farm, add them to your storage instead of deleting them.

Post-Release Updates - July 11th, 4:10AM

- Released the Locksmith Supplies Factory and Locksmith Shop facilities.

Post-Release Updates - July 12th, 6:10PM

- We released a change an hour ago to comply with some mandatory changes required by Facebook in relation to posting to user walls. We just discovered that this change had a bug and will cause the wall posts made during this time to not appear correctly in the Farmtown Wall Request section, you can still click the link but the images and text may be missing.

This bug is now fixed and posts made moving forward should look as usual.

Post-Release Updates - July 20th, 12:30AM

- Facebook just fixed the bug related to posting to facebook walls.

Post-Release Updates - July 24th, 6:00PM

- Released another batch of optimizations and improvements including:

a) Farms with lots of water items load and operate much faster, even when overlapped

b) Farms full of plow fields or harvested fields load faster, even when overlapped

c) Decreased farm blinking when farming very quickly. When clicking and moving the mouse quickly while farming, sometimes the game detected those actions as dragging. We made some adjustments to minimize those accidental dragging operations. This also caused a noticeably increase in speed when farming.

d) This was an old bug, sometimes when you reloaded or navigated to a farm, the new farm appeared shifted to the top, and then finally moved down, causing a weird visual effect.

e) BugFix: Sometimes the single harvest tool was not working correctly when a tree or flower was planted on top of a crop field.

f) Improved farm dragging operation on big farms with lot of items, sometimes when you were dragging quickly, the farm didn't move as much as it was supposed to and you were forced to do multiple drag attempts.

Post-Release Updates - July 25th, 5:00PM

- BugFix: Items on the top sides of the farm sometimes appeared chopped off.

Known Issues:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Jul 25 2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old Jun 30 2017, 12:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the update.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 30 2017, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2017, 01:14 AM

Thanks Raul

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jun 30 2017, 02:13 AM

Good Morning from the UK. Thanks for the update, so far I have bought the two new facilities and Farm 33 ! Waiting patiently to find out what else is new
Old Jun 30 2017, 02:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

two new tools, 2 new facilities, new farm, ty ty ty
Old Jun 30 2017, 03:04 AM

Thanks Raul

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 30 2017, 04:27 AM

Thanks Raul and team !
Old Jun 30 2017, 04:47 AM

The full update isn't showing me anything yet. All I see though is that we have a Moroccan Restaurant, Farm 33 and apparently we have new tools???
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jun 30 2017, 05:03 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
The full update isn't showing me anything yet. All I see though is that we have a Moroccan Restaurant, Farm 33 and apparently we have new tools???
Moroccan Restaurant (Production), Photography Studio (Service), 32x32 Flower Harvester, 32x32 Tree Shaker, Farm 33, Option in Preferences to show or hide ships..

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Jun 30 2017 at 05:08 AM.
Closed Thread